• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    Found a couple of bugs (version 3.3.00510):
    - after you catch ho-oh, he is still there and if you interact with him the "standard placeholder npc message that prevents crash" appears. he is still there even if I leave the cave floor and come back.
    - the game froze while walking in the grass on route 39 (south of moomoo farm, immediately north of olivine city). this only happened once, couldn't reproduce.
    - H shape unown sprite is glitched
    - at Mt. Mortar, there is a glitched npc trainer "Super Nerd Hugh". when engaged, he says "Yo! MARKUS!". He appears to have 0 pokemon snd sends out Level 0 ???????????. After being defeated, he says "Sorry, my mistake." and gives 0 money.
    - I have obtained an aerodactyl with trading a chansey on Route 14. However, in the pokedex it does not appear to be owned - no pokeball icon and no summary / information.

Unrelated, has anyone managed to catch a pikachu or sandshrew? I've found no mention of pikachu locations. For sandshrew the Location FAQ says union cave or Route 42, but I haven't found a single sandshrew on either of those locations.
    edit: I actually encountered a sandshrew in the first floor of union cave now. It looks like it's just super rare.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Found a couple of bugs (version 3.3.00510):
    - after you catch ho-oh, he is still there and if you interact with him the "standard placeholder npc message that prevents crash" appears. he is still there even if I leave the cave floor and come back.
    - the game froze while walking in the grass on route 39 (south of moomoo farm, immediately north of olivine city). this only happened once, couldn't reproduce.
    - H shape unown sprite is glitched
    - at Mt. Mortar, there is a glitched npc trainer "Super Nerd Hugh". when engaged, he says "Yo! MARKUS!". He appears to have 0 pokemon snd sends out Level 0 ???????????. After being defeated, he says "Sorry, my mistake." and gives 0 money.
    - I have obtained an aerodactyl with trading a chansey on Route 14. However, in the pokedex it does not appear to be owned - no pokeball icon and no summary / information.

Unrelated, has anyone managed to catch a pikachu or sandshrew? I've found no mention of pikachu locations. For sandshrew the Location FAQ says union cave or Route 42, but I haven't found a single sandshrew on either of those locations.
    edit: I actually encountered a sandshrew in the first floor of union cave now. It looks like it's just super rare.
    yeah, seems like every pkm by trading gives no data in the pokedex

Pikachu can be caught at Route 10

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    bugs report: when you fish outside the sea safari in Safari town, unknown with lv 1 always appear

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    Can Someone explain how to get it working with ez flash iv because the guide on 17? didn't work for me all i get is a white screen

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    Leveling Question: Chickorita

Hello! I have a question about leveling my new Chickorita. I know it's probably a little early to start doing anything effective, but hey, I'd like to plan.

Info:
    Playing: Liquid Crystal (GBA, Fire Red ROM Hack)

I'd like to evolve him, so I'd like to figure that in if it's at all possible. If you could give me EV's to train, good places to level, etc., that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2015
    Using the emulator version on my phone, and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or something, but for some reason, although the bellsprout is already in the front of my party(party's full) can't trade with that kid in Violet city for the Onix. Is it a bug?

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    Found a couple of bugs (v. 3.3.00510):
    - Kurt does not offer to make a Friend ball even though I have GRN Apricorn in bag. He offers to make balls for all the other apricorns that I have (red, blue, pink, yellow, ...)
    - When using headbutt on a tree in Cerulean city with Tyranitar, in the animation he shows up as an egg sprite, a negative egg sprite or a question mark sprite. The correct sprite is displayed elsewhere.

Using the emulator version on my phone, and I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or something, but for some reason, although the bellsprout is already in the front of my party(party's full) can't trade with that kid in Violet city for the Onix. Is it a bug?
    yep, it's a known bug.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    This hack is 110% dead. Anybody who isn't a simpleton can see that it's time for this "developer" to be thrown into the pile of cookie-cutter quitters that is the hacker community.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • This hack is 110% dead. Anybody who isn't a simpleton can see that it's time for this "developer" to be thrown into the pile of cookie-cutter quitters that is the hacker community.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that you are wrong.

I wouldn't say that we're quitters. We're just now working on Liquid Crystal in our own free time. Not yours. We developed for five solid years before slowing down the development process and that's dedication, considering we're still committed to at least finishing this. Sorry, but me and linkandzelda and the other developers all have lives and its problems to deal with which unfortunately does come with being an adult.

I understand the frustration of waiting, but still. There's no need for assumptions or name-calling.

- Z

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    Firstly, I would like to clarify that you are wrong.

I wouldn't say that we're quitters. We're just now working on Liquid Crystal in our own free time. Not yours. We developed for five solid years before slowing down the development process and that's dedication, considering we're still committed to at least finishing this. Sorry, but me and linkandzelda and the other developers all have lives and its problems to deal with which unfortunately does come with being an adult.

I understand the frustration of waiting, but still. There's no need for assumptions or name-calling.

- Z

There's a difference between "slowing down" and literally doing nothing for years. If you had any passion left for the project you'd at least do SOMETHING here and there.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • There's a difference between "slowing down" and literally doing nothing for years. If you had any passion left for the project you'd at least do SOMETHING here and there.

There was a gap between december 2013 that lasted up to april 2015, I was dealing with things in my life and simply was not able to hack during that period. However, since the start of 2013 up until now there's been over 500 new builds, some minor and some major. You can see the full history here of everything that was done: http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/livebeta/lc/buildhistory.php

I stated clearly a few months ago, development would be very "here and there", some sessions lasting months and others lasting longer with gaps in between. I wish mere words were enough, but I've said many times in this thread to hold out for as long as it takes.

Saintscrew7

Helpful little Angel
    Years
  • Zeikku, LAZ, I personally thank you guys for this hack!! I've played this 3.3 and I was wondering when It'll be finished. But the best thing are worth waiting, so if I'm saying anything with this is: THANKYOU!!

The only thing is... It's too good to quit playing. Not getting on yer good side, or anithing. Oh one more thing, you have a fan here! Me! Just helping...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
  • I started playing the hack a few weeks ago and I'm completely addicted to it. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    There was a gap between december 2013 that lasted up to april 2015

So you responded to getting out of that rut by releasing exactly zero builds since april. You just outed yourself. It's not outside issues causing you not to hack, it's you.

I see you also deleted the Liquid Crystal updates page linked in your signature to CYA and make it harder to put the severe lack of progress into perspective. Lol good game, bro.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    So you responded to getting out of that rut by releasing exactly zero builds since april. You just outed yourself. It's not outside issues causing you not to hack, it's you.

I see you also deleted the Liquid Crystal updates page linked in your signature to CYA and make it harder to put the severe lack of progress into perspective. Lol good game, bro.

relax, sweetheart. seriously, if you can't handle the development patterns of ROM hackers, you need to find a new hobby {XD} as for the developers, thank you for all the work you're doing, it's really a polished & advanced hack :) impressive {:3}

I have a question for the rest of you - how completed is the hack? Up to what point in the game? I'm not sure if the new builds are just bug fixes or what. & I can't access the patch file! Anyone else having this issue?

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I have a question for the rest of you - how completed is the hack? Up to what point in the game? I'm not sure if the new builds are just bug fixes or what. & I can't access the patch file! Anyone else having this issue?

Last I remember, it went up to the second of the Orange Islands, which is after the beating the Kanto Gym Leaders (in case you haven't played the game yet).

BT

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    Last I remember, it went up to the second of the Orange Islands, which is after the beating the Kanto Gym Leaders (in case you haven't played the game yet).

I would love to get that far, or even start. The download link is not working

It finally worked. Nevermind about what I said.

Last edited:
    Back