• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shuffle

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
  • Dear PC,

I do wonder if you've ever played that Free To Play Game on the 3DS by the name of Pokémon Shuffle. It's like any match three game. Except it's Pokémon. So it is your duty as fans to play this game.

First and foremost, how many stages have you lot beat? I'm currently done with all 210 available stages but I believe there's more on the horizon!

Also feel free to moan about how ridiculous certain events like the Mega Garchomp one which has like 6 Pokémon on the board are! (Though if you have Phione from the Safari then you only have to worry about 5)

Please do feel free to share your wonderful experiences of this game with me, PC. I shall offer my wisdom where it's needed. I wake up playing this game. I sleep playing this game. I sometimes even play it in the middle of the day. I have a problem.

with love,

Luck Hax xoxoxox

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Honestly, I'm still stuck at mega mawile and I quit due to no tactics

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mega Gengar is hellish, but I believe the reason why I keep on failing it's because of my low level Pokémon.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
    Years
  • Never heard of that game... I don't have a 3DS...

£

Years
  • Honestly, I'm still stuck at mega mawile and I quit due to no tactics

Mega Gengar is hellish, but I believe the reason why I keep on failing it's because of my low level Pokémon.

In both cases, remember that Meowth Stage 37 offers up to 530 coins per go! (That's if you make a Match 5 with the coins (3 of which are there and the other two which appear as "disruptions") and beat the stage for 30 coins) Having coins means you can give yourself a pretty useful boost! Disruption Delay and +5 moves really makes an impact! Disruption Delay will prevent the opponent from putting any disruptions on for half the turns, and that will count the ones added by +5 moves! I think for Gengar, the disruptions aren't quite as key for winning. If you catch Haunter and use it against Gengar, when Gengar turns some of the icons into Haunter, you might get lucky and end up getting matches without making any moves!

If it's still a real struggle, using a Complexity -1 will reduce the icons on the board by 1 (very useful for Mawile as it will get rid of the Eevee icons, less useful for Gengar as I don't recall there being any additional icons there!)

In the case of Gengar, you can use the Ampharos stage to level your Pokémon quite effectively and you can use Victini today/Meowth tomorrow to get a load of exp/coins!

get rekt Mega Garchomp

Pokémon Shuffle

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Garchomp......I hate that damn Phione. I tried so hard to get it, and tomorrow is the last day and I never even encountered it. And if I did I'd probably fail to catch it.

But I can't wait for Monday and Darkrai and new levels. Maybe it will be more than a whole are (even though the last 2 new areas were 30 levels each. It would be great to see the powerful megas in non competitive stages.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    In both cases, remember that Meowth Stage 37 offers up to 530 coins per go! (That's if you make a Match 5 with the coins (3 of which are there and the other two which appear as "disruptions") and beat the stage for 30 coins) Having coins means you can give yourself a pretty useful boost! Disruption Delay and +5 moves really makes an impact! Disruption Delay will prevent the opponent from putting any disruptions on for half the turns, and that will count the ones added by +5 moves! I think for Gengar, the disruptions aren't quite as key for winning. If you catch Haunter and use it against Gengar, when Gengar turns some of the icons into Haunter, you might get lucky and end up getting matches without making any moves!

If it's still a real struggle, using a Complexity -1 will reduce the icons on the board by 1 (very useful for Mawile as it will get rid of the Eevee icons, less useful for Gengar as I don't recall there being any additional icons there!)

In the case of Gengar, you can use the Ampharos stage to level your Pokémon quite effectively and you can use Victini today/Meowth tomorrow to get a load of exp/coins!

get rekt Mega Garchomp

Pokémon Shuffle
    If I could stay up and waste my hearts just to get coins. both of powerups are not as cheap to get though. It tooks days to get sufficient coins.

£

Years
  • Garchomp......I hate that damn Phione. I tried so hard to get it, and tomorrow is the last day and I never even encountered it. And if I did I'd probably fail to catch it.

But I can't wait for Monday and Darkrai and new levels. Maybe it will be more than a whole are (even though the last 2 new areas were 30 levels each. It would be great to see the powerful megas in non competitive stages.

I'm guessing they'll be rolling the new stages out in sets of 10 again with the mega appearing after 30. There's so many mega evolutions that they're just completely blanking so far and this saddens me! I was pretty lucky to encounter it twice and catch it the second time round tbh! I think the catch rate is high for it, but the encounter rate is crazy low. (I even encountered Garchomp like 6 times in the time I encountered Phione twice!) How far did you go with the previous Escalation stages? I went to 40 on Giratina and 100 on Cress (I figured another 100 stages would be too much for me haha)

If I could stay up and waste my hearts just to get coins. both of powerups are not as cheap to get though. It tooks days to get sufficient coins.

Generally I average about 300-400 coins on the Meowth stage and tend to have a few goes in the morning/afternoon/night when I'm off. Add the check-in bonuses along with Meowth + 5 moves on Sundays and I have a pretty healthy supply of coins without having to shell out actual money! When you hit a really hard stage, it's best to just suck it up and shell out everything for one S Rank attempt rather than fail a few times with a Move + 5.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I played a little bit, a while ago, but stopped as soon as I finished the tutorial. Not gonna say, that it's boring, but it sure doesn't support the playstyle, I like to play by. That is, I'm not a fan of games, that restrict you to 10-20 minutes of playtime, combined with a multiple hours lasting waiting time, just to play for another 10-20 minutes.

Needless to say, spending money on something, that's just a match-3 game, especially on a F2P basis seems a little bit stupid, considering that you can easily put more money into it, than an actual main series game (or a non F2P match-3 game) costs.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • This actually reminded me that I did indeed get this game, and that I had forgotten entirely about it!
    So I updated it, started playing it again, am now on like stage 60. I was only on stage...16 or 17 whenever I stopped originally. Yeah, the limited attempts without buying more stuff is really annoying and I'm pretty certain that's the reason I stopped playing in the first place.

(Honestly...if I do keep on playing right now, I'm tempted to just give in and buy some stupid jewels so I'm not as limited. Pff. But I worry if I start, then I won't stop. Not going to give into the tricksy ways, no. Or I don't want to. But I'm also a sucker for games like this and I want to play more of it at once, baw.)

Years
  • Sadly, I never played Pokémon Shuffle. I get the appeal, but it was never something I got into at all. Mainly because there are a handful of puzzle games that play in its same vein, but I will admit it was nice that they got every single Pokémon playable in it at one point, to my recollection.

Years
  • Shuffle is awesome! When it first came out I didn't think I'd like it as much as Link: Battle because I liked the way that game played and didn't think I'd enjoy the limited moves/puzzle aspect to it compared to the unlimited/timed frantic matching. But in Shuffle I much prefer the main stages to the expert stages.

It's good that the two games have unique features to each so you can play and enjoy them in different ways. If I could add one thing to Shuffle it would be simply to be able to display your favourite Pokemon to StreetPassers rather than the four you just happened to be using last.

Aside from the game itself what I really like about Shuffle is the social aspect, in that you experience the updates and special stages at the same time with everyone else and each week there's something for you to look forward to!

Years
  • Hot off the press! Pokemon Shuffle Mobile has just been released on the Japanese App Store! Hopefully that means it won't be too far off for us! ^^

Edit 31/8: It's out now in Europe and U.S.!

Last edited:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Never knew pokemon isn't just limited to Nintendo Consoles, but I guess yesterday they did port shuffle to popular smartphones. I wonder is there a way to sych data from 3DS to android/iphones? Cuz I worked so much to get those hard-to-catch mons and I dislike starting over!

Edit; Feh! Why Nintendo wouldn't bother adding options transferring progress from 3DS to android/iPhones. I won't bother playing because I worked so hard to get mew and rayquaza and besides Ray is rare now

Years
  • I actually just downloaded it like 3 days ago haha

It's a fun little game, though the whole having to wait for new tries is a bit annoying ... but then it's free to download so I shouldn't be complaining.
    I'm currently at stage 87

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I have it on my 3DS, but still haven't played it. I think I'll finally give it a try though, it sounds really good c: (If for nothing else than the fact that it has a Mega Mawile stage in it <3)

Years
  • The mobile version's even more cash-based than the 3DS, I feel. Unless the 3DS version was updated you can now use gems to "unlock" certain locked stages, like Meowth's coin stage after you've played it for the day. And some special stages cost 2+ hearts. :'/ But I'm 100% done with the handheld version and am playing mobile occasionally as I feel the game should've been mobile to begin with. Much more comfortable to play. Slowly getting through the early levels..

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I only started getting into Shuffle after playing the mobile version. A f2p game like this has no place other than on a smartphone due to it's convenience. I'm currently up to mega loupunny and haven't spent any crystals yet (aside from the one they force you to use in the intro). Adding a level system to the pokémon being used was something that Link Battle was sorely lacking, but I don't think the game is a good as Link Battle from what I've played. Still it's the first Pokémon game on a mobile platform so it's good for the novelty.

Years
  • If anyone's linked their game to FB (and would feel comfortable, of course!) feel free to add me, I have a single FB that I only use to link games to so I keep my data. ;3 Just got to the beach after a while of suffering trying to catch Volbeat.. he's really great to use thanks to his ability. I'm really hoping I don't get frustrated with the later stages again like I did with the 3DS version, beating stages gives you too few coins.

Back