• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Mix of the Old and the New [5th Dream World RMT]

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back with a 5th Gen team after taking a break from Pokemon for quite a while. I decided to test out some Pokemon over the break and see if I can adapt to the new metagame and here's what I came up with. All your comments would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    445.png
    598.png
    534.png
    381.png
    579.png
    448.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    445.png

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock

After some testing, I've decided to run this Garchomp as my lead. First off, it allows me to see if my opponent has any Ice attacks on the team that may stop Jaroda from sweeping or Latios. Second, it has access to Stealth Rock and it a pretty fast Pokemon to being with. And third, Garchomp has a very high Atk stat meaning I can start off the battle by putting some major dents in teams. Expert Belt on this set maximizes the damage I deal while still being able to switch attack and not taking recoil. Fire Blast is primarily for Nattorei and Skarmory. Dragon Claw + Earthquake are excellent STAB moves and give some nice neutral coverage bar Skarmory.

598.png

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Thunder Wave

Nattorei serves as my Spiker, usually coming in after Heatran has done it's thing. There really isn't much to say about this guy other than he's suppose to get Spikes up. Power Whip serves as a powerful STAB move allowing it to hit stuff like Swampert, if it decides to stay in. Thunder Wave to paralyze my opponent's switch-ins, this helps my over all team. Leech Seed and Leftovers are for recovery.

534.png

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 68 HP / 192 At / 248 SpD
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge

This dude here is a f****** pain to go against. It loves coming in on a Will-o-Wisp Thunder Wave and snagging a free +1 Atk boost. Even without the boost Roopushin scares a lot of Pokemon out, letting it set up regardless. Mach Punch is it's only priority move, which still does a crap ton despite it only having 4 Atk EVs. Stone Edge lets me hit anything else that my other moves can't hit. Drain Punch is an effective way for me to heal up lost HP due to status or taking many hits. I opted for 252HP/252SDef on Roopushin since he can still hit pretty hard without the Atk EVs. Allowing it to have max SDef has helped in many cases where attacks like Draco Meteor would have OHKOed me. Roopushin really doesn't mind the drop in attacking strength.

381.png

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick

I decided to replace Starmie with Specs Latios because I wanted to have a bit more power on this team. Surf and Dragon Pulse provide excellent neutral coverage while Thunderbolt lets me hit water types for super effective damage. Trick is extremely helpful in crippling one of my opponent's Pokemon. I usually wait until I've seen my opponents team before I give the Choice Specs away. I'm currently thinking of changing Latios to Latias for the extra bulk but keeping the same set. Any suggestions?

579.png

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

After some more testing I started getting tired of Roopushin, because like I said earlier, it's a f****** pain to go again. This set utilizes Magic Guard + Life Orb to deal deal without the recoil. Modest nature lets Rankurusu reach a SAtk stat of 392, and the rest goes to HP to add some bulk. Calm Mind allows me to boost Rank's already high SAtk while being able to Recover off any damage taken. Psychic is what makes Roopushin gtfo or die. Hidden Power [Fighting] means that I don't fall bait to Tyranitar.

448.png

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Justice Heart
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Crunch

Lucario is definitely my late game sweeper, even though Jaroda can sweep as well. I usually bring Lucario in after my opponent has been raped by my dual layer of hazards allowing it to easily pick them off one by one with Extremespeed. Crunch allows me to hit Burungero and OHKO. Close Combat is nice against Heatran that's been maimed by Jaroda's Glare as it switched in. It's also a powerful STAB that does a good amount of damage to all Pokemon that don't resist it. Swords Dance is to boost Lucario's attack, if he gets the chance. I chose the ability Justice Heart mainly because if Lucario gets hit by a stray Dark attack aimed at one of my Pokemon, specifically Starmie, he'll get a +1 Atk boost giving it more sweeping potential.

Well that's my team guys. I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help make it a better team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Latios:

Latios @ choice specs
    Timid 252spe 252spA 4hp
    Levitate
    ~ Draco Meteor
    ~ Psycho shock
    ~ Surf / T-bolt
    ~ Trick

I prefer this set, gives a bit more power vs switchins with draco meteor, plus psycho shock beats blissey.

-Your "under poke" descriptions are kinda confusing as I guess you have edited from an old team, might help to change.

Jolly Luke might help to outspeed jolly Gyarados and timid Suicune, but you lose ko's against bronzong and Skarmory so up to you.

Gliscor seems to be a problem (a bit), because it counters Lucario, so offensively milotic might be good instead of Nattorei who doesn't seem to fit in with the team so well.

Milotic @ life orb
    Timid 252spe 252spA 4hp
    Marvel scale
    ~ Hydro pump / Boiling water
    ~ Ice beam
    ~ Hp electric
    ~ Recover

Rest talk milotic is amazing too, but offensive is more your teams style. Yea, offensive.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Yea except then he loses entry hazards, besides Latios has surf so it can faint it.

If Glis really provides a problem then switch Trick for ice beam I suppose, tbh you should be fine though.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • I haven't run into any Gyarados's to be honest. If they come in, they usually get worn down by Stealth Rocks making it easier to KO.

The team really benefits from the hazards, even if I don't have a ghost. I haven't seen many people running Rapid Spinners.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Garchomp: You can use Double Chop over Dragon Claw (both hit for roughly the same power) so that Garchomp can break Substitutes with one hit, then strike the Pokemon behind it.

Ranculus: Psycho Shock is better over Psychic so it has an easier time with Blissey.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • Garchomp: You can use Double Chop over Dragon Claw (both hit for roughly the same power) so that Garchomp can break Substitutes with one hit, then strike the Pokemon behind it.

Ranculus: Psycho Shock is better over Psychic so it has an easier time with Blissey.

tried that but i think dragon claw works better if theres no substitute

Back