• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream Balls

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I missed the dream world entirely because I quit pokemon after gen v was announced. But I resume XY and ORAS, fell in love with the dream ball after I received one through WT. So far I managed to collect about a 186 HA females, only 40 left to complete my collection. :3

Remember that it's not ONLY HA Pokémon that were available in the Dream World. Most of the Pokémon that did not have a hidden ability were available as well. (other than starters and legendaries most Pokémon released through Gen V were available to capture in a Dream Ball).

I know off the top of my head that Koffing, Ghastly, Mischievious, and Rotom all were available. I have all of them in Dream Balls (and other than the Genderless Rotom - I can breed them in Dream Balls). I was originally attempting to create a living dex in Dream Balls back when the Dream World was still open. I THINK I have a complete collection of what was released.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Remember that it's not ONLY HA Pokémon that were available in the Dream World. Most of the Pokémon that did not have a hidden ability were available as well. (other than starters and legendaries most Pokémon released through Gen V were available to capture in a Dream Ball).

I know off the top of my head that Koffing, Ghastly, Mischievious, and Rotom all were available. I have all of them in Dream Balls (and other than the Genderless Rotom - I can breed them in Dream Balls). I was originally attempting to create a living dex in Dream Balls back when the Dream World was still open. I THINK I have a complete collection of what was released.

Exactly, as they don't have HA back in Gen V and in Gen VI games too. Since PokéBalls can be inherited from the Female Pokémon starting in Gen VI, most Pokémon with normal Abilities in Dreams Balls are obtainable as well.

I'm still getting rid of the Dream Balls, nevertheless. :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Exactly, as they don't have HA back in Gen V and in Gen VI games too. Since PokéBalls can be inherited from the Female Pokémon starting in Gen VI, most Pokémon with normal Abilities in Dreams Balls are obtainable as well.

I'm still getting rid of the Dream Balls, nevertheless. :P

To each there own as to the aesthetic of the Dream Ball... but I think it is a shame you are getting rid of ones you have, as over time those will become more rare (in my opinion).

I currently have two collections going.... One in Dream Balls, a second in Premier balls. Once I can verify that I am complete I plan to go on to collecting Safari balls.

One thing I wasn't thinking about in my previous post:
    There are also cases of Pokémon available in Dream Balls, that did not have a Hidden Ability until Gen VI (Minim and Plusle for example).

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    To each there own as to the aesthetic of the Dream Ball... but I think it is a shame you are getting rid of ones you have, as over time those will become more rare (in my opinion).

I currently have two collections going.... One in Dream Balls, a second in Premier balls. Once I can verify that I am complete I plan to go on to collecting Safari balls.

You are actually right, buddy. It's definitely a waste since I caught them all in Dream Balls, nowadays only a few HA with Dream Balls are left like Kangaskhan, which is difficult to get rid of for obvious reason. I'm actually foolish for getting rid of them when it gives my Trade Shop an advantage. :P Perhaps it's my obsession to the word 'standard' that is why I'm standardizing all my stock from my Trade Shop? xD

Back