• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easily editing TMs in Gen 3

Years
Hi pokecommunity, this is my first hacking tutorial! It's really easy, and shouldn't be too challenging. This is a tutorial to easily edit tms, and what move they contain. There is a tool for that I think, but this supports extended moves, and it's easiest for me. Let's get started!

You will need:
A rom (get one yourself, I can't give links to them) This tutorial works on every GBA pokemon rom, which is really cool! I bet the hipster leafgreen and sapphire hackers are cheering! However, I don't know much about the languages. You'll have to check out the threads for the tools.
I will be using an english firered rom for this tutorial.
G3T
G3HS

Step 1: Enabling Saving
Spoiler:

Step 2: Locating Moves
Spoiler:

Step 3: Saving the description offset.
Spoiler:

Step 4: Locating the TMS
Spoiler:

Step 5: Editing the description
Spoiler:

Step 6: Editing the TM's move
Spoiler:

Step 7: Replacing the palette
Spoiler:

Step 8: Checking your progress
Spoiler:

Step 9: Editing the pokemon.
Spoiler:

Note If you have extended moves, both g3t and g3hs support them, as long as you edit the inis. Other methods of tm editing aren't so good with extended moves, so, this method is convenient!

Thanks for reading my tutorial!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 24, 2018
Hey what's the deal with physical/special tab at the bottom? I notice all moves are set to physical, even special moves like psychic? Should I manually switch them to special? Or will switching a move to special make it so?

Years
Hey what's the deal with physical/special tab at the bottom? I notice all moves are set to physical, even special moves like psychic? Should I manually switch them to special? Or will switching a move to special make it so?
They're all physical when you first put on the patch, whatever you're using, I believe. I think doesntknowhowtoplay mentioned that. Try debugging in game with a wild wobufett or something just to be sure.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 17, 2021
Hiya, nope, the tools won't be able to do that for you. Are you using Emerald? If so this post explains how to make TMs reusable.

Hello. This was exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much, I couldn't find anyone talking about this on my own.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Sorry for necroposting on an old thread, but how do I extend the number of TMs in Pokémon Emerald? (Not talking about gen 3 tools.) Right now, there are 50.

Edit: Oops, I thought it was related.

Last edited:
Back