• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't get it.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
I've been here for like a year, and barely anyone tries to talk to me. I know that my post counts are low, but lately I'm been trying to get myself noticed more for anyone to care or to get into the community.

And I wasn't trying to do this by attention, I just try to get to meet people and get noticed because well typically I'm actually being myself. And I sometimes get to see other people's pages and they get to talk to people.

But when I try to talk to certain people's posts here, some just talk to others or some see my page and never do anything, and it makes me feel bad and kind of frustrated.

But how do I tend to make more people want to talk to me more? Like I feel sort of left out, and I know that some people don't have the time to reply to posts or don't have anything to say but it just happens a lot. Is it actually because of my age or anything?

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Try messaging someone and start a conversation, you shouldn't feel bad at all and it does not mean you aren't liked or anything. A lot of forums are like that. Try joining groups on this forum and maybe you can get to know people better. Don't make it your key goal to go on this website to just be noticed, or you will start to panic even more and only focus on it even more. Come here to talk about Pokemon and I am sure you will bump into someone who is also up for a conversation.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It probably has nothing to do with your age. Just like the real world, PC is a community and people talk to each other because they're friends and know each other, or met through something. Usually normal type threads, like thread in Pokemon General or Pokemon Gaming Central or Other Voting Polls, aren't the things that bring people together on PC. If you want to meet people, I would recommend sending them messages yourself. If you see someone say something interesting, go ahead and shoot them a VM and see if they reply, that's how a lot of people made friends here :) I've made friends plenty from either a random VM from someone or deciding to send out a random VM.

Another place where friendships are especially fostered are clubs, from what I've seen. Some are closer than others but a lot of clubs have a tight-knit community where everyone knows each other and are friends. Good luck!

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
People will chat you up if they feel like it. It seems somewhat like you take attention on forums a bit for granted...

I personally don't mind not being paid attention on forums. In fact, it's sometimes hard to not pay me attention because I tend to make spectacles out of myself not uncommonly and I tend to be more off the walls and noticeable than other members.

Also, it has nothing to do with your age. I first started visiting forums when I was 14 and I was far more immature than you and thus far more noticeable. If anything it has to do with maturity. If you're immature you tend to be... Immature and more noticeable, you stand out in a crowd of mature, intelligent people. If you're mature and think like someone, say, 18 years old like yourself people won't notice you too much.

I myself was noticeable because I was immature and I enjoyed spamming around with my bad English, low content posts. And in general being an ass. I grew up though and started blending into the background more. You start to grow LESS noticeable as you grow up, not more noticeable.

I only read the first few paragraphs and the last one so forgive me if I missed anything.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
When I first started here at PC years ago, I felt the same way you are now. I felt like no one was acknowledging me, and I started looking at myself and thinking that I was the cause of this.

But PC is a much more friendlier place than that, of course! Admittedly, there will be a few people here and there who aren't too fancy into VM'ing, but a good large majority of PC are pretty open as far as making friends go, so you've no need to worry. ^^; All you need to do is follow the aforementioned advice and you'll okay~!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Let me throw your own advice back to you:

Don't be alone. It sometimes happen to me, but listen what the other posters have said. Like not everyone's going to listen to you. And many people won't even care of what you post at times probably because they don't care, so don't let it get you down.

Reach out.

Back