• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
I hope they add ALOT of content to x and y compared to most of the previous games, why?
Because when I go back to the previous games (for nostalgia sake) I see that almost all
off them where completed under 48 hours. I did notice that my favorite games where the ones with over 48 hours.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I kind of wonder if there will be a huge celebration in the United States about Pokémon X and Y by the time the game is launched over there? 'Cause I remember there was one for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and I watched it live on Pokémon.com and I had to stay up at 4am in the morning in order to watch it, due to timezone differences. xD

Ah, those were the good memories of '07. ^^
Insomnia?

Me, I'm pre-ordering my pre-ordering (because it sounds cool), but I'll probably just get the game whenever I get it in-store and not pre-order it.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah, there's no way Nintendo would ruin this game. Pokemon has always been THE killer app for their handhelds, and they're seemingly ignoring the Wii U for the 3DS this year. If anything, they're gonna promote and market this game as much as they can.

I hope Fire Emblem 13 doesn't get ignored eventually.

EDIT: Nintendo should teach game freak how to utilize the 3DS, though. Seriously.

Gzomyndzor

Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder
Years
I have to say, I really like the grass type starter for Gen 6 more than the others. Also, does anyone else except for me think that Pokemon X legendary (Xerneas?) looks like the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
While it's not difficult to believe that they would add more content to the games, what I do find hard to believe is if they make this game hours and hours long. What I mean by that is, if you're referencing completing the main storyline/beating the gym leaders/beating the E4, depending on how much free time you have, you could normally complete that main part within a relatively short period of time. If you're referencing to the post game, then I could find that more believable than just adding more things to do within the main game, since post-game material(for me, at least) really tells you whether that time spent grinding and beating evil villains was really worth it, if there's some sort of greater challenge somewhere, that kind of stuff~

I was referring to everything (including post-game). I think game freak really dropped the ball on post-game stuff when they got to gen 5, what I mean by that is, for the previous 2 gens there was the battle frontier/battle tower which wouldn't be a couple extra hours of play it would be months maybe years. In black and white 2 the only post game feature that was interesting was the game mode key or whatever it was called, but to be hones that feature should have been implemented in some way from the start.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I kind of wonder if there will be a huge celebration in the United States about Pokémon X and Y by the time the game is launched over there? 'Cause I remember there was one for Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version, and I watched it live on Pokémon.com and I had to stay up at 4am in the morning in order to watch it, due to timezone differences. xD

Ah, those were the good memories of '07. ^^

Black and White had... celebrations. I mean Macy's parade had Reshiram/Zekrom (iirc) although that was later and there was a NY launch event allowing people to get the games early. Sooo DPPt weren't the only ones!

With that in mind, yeah I think something big will go on for the revolutionary 3DS Pokemon main series titles given it's been happening in the past sooo.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sorry for asking but how is this game revolutionary? It looks like your every day Pokemon game, except in disappointing, if I may add, 3D.

There's gonna be an event because Pokemon is big enough for one.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
3DS bundle is a given. As a matter of fact, if Fire Embelm is getting a limited edition 3DS, then Pokemon X/Y definitely will. (Though, there are already two limited edition Pokemon 3DS XL. Though, only one got out of japan.)

It's the best way after all.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry for asking but how is this game revolutionary? It looks like your every day Pokemon game, except in disappointing, if I may add, 3D.

I think this is part of why the graphics will be hard to adjust to. Not that I think they look bad (I don't know, I'm not too critical on graphics really, as long as I can enjoy the game I don't much care), but they are much more different than previous games. I think that's why people are making it out to be so revolutionary.

I myself am just more interested in the Pokemon when a new generation comes out. I never really fawned over graphics the last three gens when we got screenshots. So I'm kind of useless to answer your question, lol. I usually leave my graphics comments for when something either impresses me or it looks so bad that something has to be said. Otherwise, I'm pretty oblivious to the graphics thing.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
They're only going to improve from here on out, even now I'm already happy with them.

That is very true, I mean look at a beta form of Castelia City and how much it changed. So X/Y will probably change heaps too.
BW_Prerelease_City.png

blue

gucci
Years
Looking at them together, I didn't realize there were so many changes in-game compared to the trailer.
BW_Prerelease_City.png
Pok%C3%A9mon-Black-Castelia-City.jpg

The second image is much more detailed with the buildings, Pokemon Center etc so it just supports the idea of graphics improving for X & Y compared to what they are at currently.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
I literally have been waiting for a 3D Pokemon game to come out ever since I played Coliseum and XD. I loved those two games, but they didn't have any gyms, and you couldn't really catch Pokemon normally. Sure, you stole the shadow Pokemon, and in XD you laid bait, but come on. That's quite different from catching wild Pokemon.

When I saw this trailer, I FLIPPED OUT. I was so happy! I've been waiting YEARS for a 3D Pokemon game with a regular gameplay style to come out, and now it's finally been announced! To me, the 2D sprites were fine, but it just wasn't at all satisfying to battle anyone. In Coliseum and XD, you felt like a total badass when you were firing your beams and charging up to the enemy and attacking them. Battle Revolution was pretty darn awesome too with the whole battle system. 3D battling is a MILLION times more engaging.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've said this in the graphics thread, but all they did was add details that should have been there in the first place. It still looks really bad.

If you want a good example of an improvement, then mention Luigi's Mansion 2, which is from the same system. Though, all they did was up the framerate and polished the graphics, and it took them a year. It was at least good looking when it was first announced, it was just the framerate, and this is from a developer where visuals and artstyle are a strength of theirs. X/Y has both bad framerate and ugly visuals, and given that it's Game Freak I have big doubts it's gonna be a major improvement if not very small ones come release. I'm setting my expectations fairly low.

EDIT: Also, one thing about 3D is that it's gonna make the battle soooo slow. >_> I've always been a guy who prefers 2D, because it's always timeless, as opposed to 3D being a hit or miss and getting eventually outdated. (and in this case, a miss.)

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've said this in the graphics thread, but all they did was add details that should have been there in the first place. It still looks really bad.

If you want a good example of an improvement, then mention Luigi's Mansion 2, which is from the same system. Though, all they did was up the framerate and polished the graphics, and it took them a year. It was at least good looking when it was first announced, it was just the framerate, and this is from a developer where visuals and artstyle are a strength of theirs. X/Y has both bad framerate and ugly visuals, and given that it's Game Freak I have big doubts it's gonna be a major improvement if not very small ones come release. I'm setting my expectations fairly low.

EDIT: Also, one thing about 3D is that it's gonna make the battle soooo slow. >_> I've always been a guy who prefers 2D, because it's always timeless, as opposed to 3D being a hit or miss. (and in this case, a miss.)

Well, if you have low expectations, I guess that at least leaves plenty of room for amazement if the do pull it off.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah, but I REALLY doubt it. Game freak never ever utilized a system's capabilities to it's best/fullest, and that's why I'm not expecting anything.

To be honest, I'm gonna end up getting Dragon Quest 7 3DS instead anyway...if it gets localized. At least that one looks charming. I'm gonna watch my brother play X/Y. (it's what I did for B/W2 and thank god for that because from what I saw it's really lackluster.)

blue

gucci
Years
It's a matter of opinion... I think the graphics looks fine as they are, it's certainly an improvement from B2W2's graphics.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I haven't really had much experience with graphics on the Nintendo 3DS but either way I think they've pulled it off and can potentially improve.

Btw, Pokemon Smash just finished airing and they had a teaser for the episode next week in which someone was shaded out with a "?" who was dressed up as something. The person shaded out was previously dressed up as a couple of the eeveelutions... Not sure if it's anything relevant but by next week I think we will be overdue for some more news.

1zq4mmq.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back