• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dreams & Nightmares

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
  • Just wondering after I noticed something that seems to happen to me often (jump to *).

Dreams

How often do you remember your dreams clearly? How often do you partially remember them?

Do you remember the faces in your dreams, the colours, the locations, the story or the finer details more easily?

What's your favourite dream that you can remember ever having?

Do you have recurring dreams, or do you ever dream "sequels" or "prequels"?

Do you experience lucid dreams or out-of-body experiences?

I dream in vivid colour and can remember typically (for those that I do remember having anyway) 80% of the dreams from the night before upon wake-up. I can recall the entire story, the colours, the faces, etc. in such a vivid way that my boyfriend thinks I'm lying about it lol He can't remember all those details in his dreams.

I know when it's easier that when you wake up, to try to close your eyes again right away because walls act like an eraser. I usually go over the details of my dream again when I wake up just to "save" it in a different memory compartment. At least, this is what I've convinced myself that I'm doing!

Favourite dream? I had one that was quite fantastitical, where I was flying, saving the world, surrounded by human-sized faeries and nymphs, lava volcanoes and near-death thrills. I remember that the dream lasted days inside the dream - I recall sleeping and whatnaught in the dream - and at one point I dreamt the "second part" of the same adventure. It was fun :pink_nod:

Nightmares

How often do you have nightmares?

For you, what constitutes a "bad dream" / nightmare?

Do you wake up in sweats or trembling after having a nightmare?

Do you find that certain events lead to nightmares on a consistent basis?

Describe the worst nightmare you've ever had that you can recall.

Do you experience night terrors or recurring nightmares? Sequels, prequels, etc.?

* Whenever I'm set to have an exam or work in the morning, I have a nightmare about failing or losing my job due to being late that has me sobbing in the dream uncontrollably. It shocks me awake everytime about 30min before my alarm is set to go off. I dn't wake up in sweats or trembling, though. I just have a shock factor for a lil' bit because it feels too real. I'm curious if this happens every single time to anyone else.

Worst nightmare I can remember was probably one from a few years ago where I was so concerned with my weight issue that I went to see a doctor who told me if I didn't get it under control that I'd die. I subsequently went home, couldn't manage to lose weight and finally my head auto-decapitated itself (wtf?) and a cattail plant (typha) had replaced my esophogus, etc. and the brown part was sticking all slimy and gooey out of my neck where my head ought to have been. It was disgusting and disturbing and jeez.

Another one is probably where I fell into a coma and, upon waking, discovered that it was two hundred years in the future and everyone I ever knew had died. I was completely alone, isolated and without support. For some reason, people I knew but didn't care about or who had been mean to me were still alive, but my father, siblings, boyfriend (at the time), etc. had all expired their lifespans at least a hundred years before. It was traumatic to be so isolated. I had this dream when I was thirteen or so and I came upstairs to talk to my dad about it and started bawling for at least ten minutes because it was so vivid and clear and horrible :pink_no:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • How often do you remember your dreams clearly? How often do you partially remember them?

Not really. It's usually only the ones that have an importance to me. Sometimes, my dreams can be fucking weird too.

Do you remember the faces in your dreams, the colours, the locations, the story or the finer details more easily?

It really depends.

What's your favourite dream that you can remember ever having?

I had a dream that I met my hero PelleK. He hugged me, and then he wouldn't let go of me. <3 Not like I wanted him to. :P

Do you have recurring dreams, or do you ever dream "sequels" or "prequels"?

Again, it really depends.

Do you experience lucid dreams or out-of-body experiences?

Nope. I've never experienced those kind of things.

I didn't do the one about nightmares because... to be honest, I can't recall a time I've ever had them. The only time I have nightmares is after I've watched something gory or horror-related. However, that doesn't happen often for me. It's been so long, and I'm also very careful about stuff like that.

Back