• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke-World Challenge

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
  • Poke-World Challenge

Imagine that the Pokemon World was real and you are traveling in one of the established regions. You would have a team of 6 Pokemon, however, apart from battling, your team must also serve practical purposes. These purposes include:

(1) a Flyer to facilitate air travel;

(2) a Water Pokemon that's big enough to facilitate sea travel;

(3) a Pokemon that would facilitate land travel on various terrains;

(4) an Fire Pokemon that would light campfires provide heat on nights out in the wilderness;

(5) an Electric Pokemon to provide power for electronic devices you may carry;

(6) a Psychic/Ghost/Dark Pokemon to ward off wild Pokemon with supernatural powers (mind control, hallucinations);

(7) a Pokemon that could use its strength to remove any physical obstacle on the land;

(8) a Pokemon with sharp claws or sharp appendages to hack and slash vines or cut fruit from trees, etc.

I challenge you, the PokeCommunity users, to create such a team of 6 Pokemon which serves each of the aforementioned purposes for travel through one of the established regions.

RULES:

1. YOUR TEAM NUST CONSIST OF 6 POKEMON WHICH SERVE ALL OF THE 8 PURPOSES DESCRIBED ABOVE.

2. I CHOOSE YOU!- For a more authentic experience of whatever region you choose to explore, at least 5 team members must have been Pokemon introduced in whatever Generation the Region was introduced in and you must keep your starter on your team.

3. YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN YOUR BAG.- To simulate a real bag, you are restricted to only carrying a maximum of x5 of the same item at a time.

4. BIDOOF THOUGH?- Since all of your team members are supposed to serve a practical purpose, NO HM SLAVES ALLOWED!!!!

5. NAME RATER!- To make your journey more personalized, you are required to nickname all of your Pokemon.

6. BOND BETWEEN TRAINER AND POKEMON!- In Kalos or Gen 6 Hoenn, you are restricted to only one Mega Evolved Pokemon on your team if you elect at all to have any.

7, HALL OF FAME!- Your Challenge ends when you deafeat the top trainer in your chosen region. This includes:
    Kanto (R/B/Y/FR/LG)- Blue
    Johto (G/S/C/HG/SS)- Red
    Hoenn (R/S/E/OR/AS)- Steven
    Sinnoh (D/P/PT)- Cynthia
    Unova (B/W/B2/W2)- Alder
    Kalos (X/Y)- AZ

Name: RoreyG
    Region: Kanto (Fire Red)
    Team:

Poke-World Challenge
    - Flyer/ Provides Heat

Poke-World Challenge
    - Water Transport

Poke-World Challenge
    - Land Transport/ Strength User

Poke-World Challenge
    - Provides Electricity

Poke-World Challenge
    - Counters Supernaturals

Poke-World Challenge
    - Hack and Slash

COMPETITORS:

abtwitch (Kanto)

DarkChibimon (Johto/Kanto)

Bgoldwax (Hoenn)

darth razmus (Sinnoh)

CHAMPIONS:

RoreyG (Kanto)

Last edited:

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Part 1

Started with Charmander (Kal) and beat Gary's Squirtle. I trained Kal up to Level 14, went to Viridian City and got the Parcel for Professor Oak. I gave Oak the parcel and got the Pokedex. I then saved the game.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 2

Afterwards, I had my 1st Route 22 battle with Gary and then made me way through Viridian Forest and into Pewter City. Kal evolved into Charmeleon. I beat Brock's Gym with Kal's Metal Claw. I picked up the Running Shoes from Oak's Aide and made my way through Mount Moon. At Mount Moon, I picked up the Helix Fossil (hail Lord Helix) and made my way out of the Cave and into Cerulean City. I beat Gary for the 3rd time with just Kal and made my way up Nugget Bridge and to Bill's House. I did the Bill event, got the ticket for the SS Anne and made my way back to Cerulean City to face Misty's Gym. Kal was Level 26 by the time I got to Misty and (after I spammed Smokescreen) he swept the floor with her Staryu and Starmie. I then picked up Dig from the Team Rocket Grunt by the Digger's House and made my way to Vermillion City. I saved there.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 3

I picked up the VS Seeker from the Battle Girl in the Vermillion City Pokemon Centre and trained Kal some more on the Route next to Diglett Cave. I did the SS Anne Event, Beat Gary for the 4th time, and picked up Cut. Since I can't use any HM Slaves, I taught both Cut and Dig to Kal. I then fought Lt. Surge and swept his Gym with Dig. I then got the Bike Voucher from the Fan Club Chairman, made my way back to Cerulean City to pick up the Bike, and then made my way to the entrance of the Rock Tunnel and saved the game there.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 4

I made my way through Rock Tunnel blind, got out at Lavender Town, and went through the Underground Path straight to Celadon City. I went to Celadon Mansion, picked up the tea from the Old Lady and the free Eevee as well. I named the Eevee I got Barry. I picked up the Coin Case and went to the Game Corner to fight Team Rocket. Kal evolved into Charizard. I beat Giovanni, picked up the Silph Scope, went back to Lavender Town, did the Pokemon Tower event, beat Gary again and picked myself up a Gastly which I named Hal. I picked up the Poke Flute after rescuing Mr. Fuji and went back to Celadon City afterwards and swept Erika's Gym with Kal. I saved the game afterwards.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 5

I went to the Game Corner, played the slot machine until I had enough coins, and I bought a Scyther which I named Bruce. I trained Barry until it learned bite before I used a Thunder Stone I bought to evolve it into Jolteon I also bought another Dig whilst there. I trained Hal until it evolved into Haunter. I picked up Fly in the Secret House by the Cycling Road and taught it to Kal. Afterwards, I cleared the Snorlax blocking the path to the Cycling Road, cleared the Cycling Road itself, and made my way to Fuchsia City. where I healed up and saved the game.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 6

I went to the Safari Zone and got Surf and Warden's Tooth. I exchanged the Warden's Tooth for Strength and went back into the Safari Zone to catch a Tauros. It took a few tries (7 to be exact) but I got my Tauros, named it Arthur, and taught it Strength. I took on Koga's Gym and swept with Kal, Hal, and Arthur. Afterwards, I healed up my Pokemon, evolved Hal into a Gengar by trading it to and from my Leaf Green Version, and saved the game afterwards.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Poke-World Challenge

Part 7

I flew back to Celadon City and passed through the gate to Saffron City. I did the Silph Co. event, beat Gary again, picked up Lapras (I named her Diana) and beat Giovanni to save the Chairman. Afterwards, I swept Sabrina's Gym with Hal the Gengar, healed up and flew back to Pallet Town. I taught Diana Surf and made my way to Cinnabar Island. I trained Diana the Lapras in the Pokemon Mansion and collected the secret key to open Blaine's Gym. Diana swept Blaine's Gym and I went to heal. I skipped the 1,2,3 Islands event with Bill and flew back to Viridian City. I beat Giovanni and collected Earthquake (which I taught to Arthur the Tauros), healed up and beat Gary once more on Route 22. Afterwards, I healed and saved the game in Viridian City.

Team:
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Part 8

I made it through Victory Road, did some level grinding, and faced the League. Kal and Barry swept Lorelei; Kal, Bruce, and Diana swept Bruno; Kal, Hal and Arthur swept Agatha; Kal, Diana, and Barry swept Lance; and everyone pitched in to beat Gary.

Hall of Fame Team:
    Poke-World Challenge
    Poke-World Challenge

Poke-World Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Part 1: Boulder Badge

I started with a bold Squirtle by the name of Crush. He preceded to crush (expect puns throughout the adventure) my rival, Adam's, Bulbasaur. I left Pallet Town to get Oak's Parcel and bring it back to Oak. I then trained to level 8 and challenged Adam on Route 22, who utterly decimated Crush with his Pidgey due to Sand Att-hax. With the craving for revenge, Crush quickly climbed his way up to level 10. To counteract Adam's Sand Att-hax, I spammed my own status move, Withdraw. At max defense and a few potions, I managed to crush Adam in the end despite a few misses. I entered the Viridian Forest and hastily got through it with no problem. I challenged Brock with my level 13 Crush who had just learned Water Gun and crushed both Geodude and Onix with a single move. I saved there.

Team:
    Crush the Wartortle (can't post links yet :P)

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2023
    Name: DarkChibimon
    Region: Johto/Kanto (Gold)
    Team: Typhlosion
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Fire Starter, Ampharos
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Provides Electricity, Umbreon
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Counters Supernaturals, Gyarados
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Water Transport/Strength User, Farfetch'd
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Flyer/Hack and Slash, Rhydon
    Poke-World Challenge
    - Land Transport

Years
  • Ok I'll give this a shot.

Name: Bgoldwax
    Game: Emerald
    Team:
    Camerupt - Provide Heat + Land Transport
    Pelliper - Flyer
    Swamper - Surfer
    Raichu - Provide Electricity
    Shiftry - Hack and Slash + Counters Supernaturals
    Aggron - Strength User + Land Transport

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    Ok lets trt this.
    Region Sinnoh (Platinum)
    Pacharisu as my cutter and my electric
    infernape as my fire strongman
    Drifblim as my flier
    Hippowdon as my steed
    Gardivoir as my psychic
    Gastrodon as my boat

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    So update. Made it to the windworks. Current team members are Sassprilla the Monferno, Slurmz the Shellos and Hammy the Pacharisu. Gonna do some grinding before going into the windworks.

Back