• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Airion's Quest

Years
  • Author's Note
    Spoiler:

Warnings
    Spoiler:

Airion sat on the tile roof. The midnight wind blew through his silvery hair as he stared up at the starry night sky. He blinked and looked over at Mr. Cuddles, his Gible, who sat doing the same.

"I'm still upset mom named you Mr. Cuddles", He said. Mr. Cuddles looked over at him. "Do you even like that name?" Mr. Cuddles tilted his head and gave him a large toothy smile. "I'm gonna take that as a yes" Airion chuckled. "I guess it's ok as long as you like it." He turned his head turned back towards the sky. "It's a really nice night don't you think, Mr. Cuddles?"

Mr. Cuddles nodded and turned his head back towards the sky as well. Airion loved watching the stars. He lived in the middle of no where so he could always see them clearly. He thought of the endless possibilities that existed beyond his mother's farm.

Airion was eighteen and had still yet to leave it once. His mother encouraged him to take Mr. Cuddles and become a Pokemon Trainer when he was ten, but he refused to leave her alone to handle the farm all by herself. Though he always wondered what it would be like to go and become a Pokemon Trainer. Go battle, beat gyms, maybe meet the elite four, and if he was good enough meet a champion. There was no Pokemon League in this region though so he'd have to go overseas to another. After a couple minutes the two fell asleep on the roof.

Airion woke up to a large bang that shook the house. He sat up quickly and looked around. He saw smoke billowing up in the forest west of the house. He looked down at Mr. Cuddles who was looking in the same direction. "I think we should go check it out", Airion suggested. Mr. Cuddles nodded.

"Alright". The two jumped off the roof and rushed towards the smoke.They ran until they saw a gigantic Pokemon. It was a dark blue with white plating on it and it had blue gem of some sort on it's chest. It was glowing and exerting an odd pressure that made it hard to breathe.

It turned back and forth and looked around till it saw Airion. When they caught eyes the Pokemon let out an ear piercing screech that was so strong it sent the two tumbling back. When Airion got up he saw it was beginning to charge some sort of energy in it mouth "Oh shi…" The Pokemon discharged a beam straight at Airion. As it was coming Mr. Cuddles jumped and took the blast. He flew into Airion with force enough to send them both flying into a tree. Airion's back smashed the truck. He vision blurred, but when he came back to he saw Mr. Cuddles battered and bruised.

"MR. CUDDLES!!" He screamed and he pulled the small Pokemon into his arms. The Other Pokemon began charging its attack again. Airion squeezed Mr. Cuddles tight and shielded him. His fingers were being cut up in the process from it's rough skin. He closed his eyes and braced himself.

"Garchomp, use Dragon Rush!" Airion heard a female voice then a crash. He opened his eyes to see a young woman standing in front of him. The Pokemon that attacked them roared and teleported away in an instant. She turned around and looked at Airion. He stared back at her. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair that reached down well below her waist with two odd black and yellow hair clips and cloudy grey eyes. Her face was pristine without a blemish. She wore all black and a teardrop shaped ornament on her chest.

"Are you alright?" Airion stared at her for a minute longer then felt the pain in his hands. His eyes widened as he looked down at Mr. Cuddles. "He needs medical attention asap." She said. "Togekiss take us to the nearest Pokemon Center" A Togekiss came out of Pokeball on her waist and swooped Airion onto it. They rode through the sky quickly. The woman's hair blew back into Airion's face. It smelled of sweet fruits and felt almost intoxicating to Airion's nostrils. They landed next to a building with a bright red roof and a Pokeball symbol in front.

A Pokemon Center. Airion rushed in with amazement in his eyes. They ran to the front desk. Their was a smiling lady with bubblegum pink hair and and a white nurse outfit standing there. Her face turned serious when she saw Airion come in the Mr. Cuddles in his arms. She motioned at a bright pink Pokemon with an egg on it's chest. "This Pokemon needs urgent care" Cynthia told the nurse. She nodded as the Pokemon came out with a stretcher. Airion placed Mr. Cuddles down on it and the nurse and Pokemon rushed back.
    He looked over at the blonde woman. "Don't worry Nurse Joy and Chansey will make sure your Gible is fine." She consoled him.

"Ok." Airion said with worry still in his voice.

"What's your name?"

"Airion."

"Nice to meet you Airion, I'm Cynthia"

"Cynthia, I know you from somewhere"

"A lot of people know me, I'm the Champion of the Sinnoh Pokemon League." That's right. He had gotten his hands on a magazine floating around once. It had an article on the kind, young, wise, and beautiful Champion of Sinnoh. She was nineteen when he was sixteen, so she was only three years older than him.

"Ah ok" He responded not being able to think of anything better to say.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, your Gible wouldn't have been hurt if I was just a bit quicker"

"Oh no no no" Airion started freaking out and started waving his hands frantically "It's not your fault, I'm sure you tried your best."

"Haha thank you Airion." She laughed a bit. Airion had a celebration in his head, because he was able to make her laugh.

"Yeah, it's my fault for going and investigating."

"That's just natural curiosity."

"I guess, how long do I have to wait?"

"We'll probably have to be here all night"

"You're staying too?"

"I have to take you back home, this place is miles away from your house."

"Oh ok."Airion celebrated once again. He got to spend a whole night with Cynthia. They sat down at a bench. Airion looked around and saw a number of other trainers staring at them.

"You get a lot of attention."

"Indeed, I'm surprised you didn't know who I was immediately, I like that though, I would love to live out in the country secluded like that"

"Ah it's not that great, I don't get much of any company, Just my mom, Mr. Cuddles, and I out there"

"Your Gible is named Mr. Cuddles", She giggled.

"ah…", Airion was so embarrassed.

"That's really cute, I was too unoriginal for a cute nickname for my Pokemon"

"I mean the standard names are cool too"

"I guess, You seem to have a close bond with Mr. Cuddles."

"I found him as an egg when I was 6, I grew up with him"

"I see, it makes me happy to see relationships like that, He was ready to give his life for you, and your were gonna give yours for him, that's deeper than a standard trainer bond, that's friendship, no... deeper actually, that's brotherhood."

"You think so?"

"Yes, I do" They both turned and stared at each other for several seconds. Eventually they became aware of the situation, blushed, and turned away.

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen."

"Ah ok, why haven't you become a trainer?"

"I couldn't leave my mom alone like that"

"That's very nice, I think you'd make a great trainer, you have all the qualities"

"Maybe, I'll probably never know though"

"Hmmm… yeah."

"What was that Pokemon that attacked me?"

"It's name is Dialga, it's a Legendary Pokemon from Sinnoh, recently Legendary Pokemon from every region have been appearing in other regions and rampaging, all the Champions and Pokemon Masters have been trying to keep track of them and figure out the cause"

"That seems intense, are you sure you can stay here?"

"Yes there are three Pokemon Masters also handling Dialga"

"Who are they?"

"Three kids named Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum"

"Never heard of them"

"The Pokemon Masters tend to stay low key"

"I see"

"Well I think it's time we get some shut eye, I'm tired" she said yawning.

"Yeah me too, but this seems to be the only bench open, I guess I'll just…" She laid out and set her head on his lap. "Ahh…"

"Nighty night" Cynthia knocked out. People were really staring at Airion now. He was so nervous. He didn't move a muscle as to not wake her up. Eventually he fell asleep as well.

He woke up to Nurse Joy handing him a Pokeball. "Your Gible is all healed up now", she whispered. He looked down and realized Cynthia was still asleep on his lap. He sat awake for awhile until she finally woke up.

"Ah, What a good night's rest, your lap is a great pillow", She said patting his lap after waking up, "Mr. Cuddles is all healed up I see"

"Yeah" Airion said happily patting his little friend on the head.

"Well I guess, I should be taking you two home now"

"Eh...Yeah."

"Let's get going then shall we" They walked out and were swept up by Togekiss once again. The ride seemed slower this time round. They landed and Airion's mother was sitting in front. She rushed at him and hugged him.

"Where've you been?" She asked.

"I got in a bit of trouble and Cynthia came to help" Airion responded. Cynthia smiled and waved. Airion's mother narrowed her eyes and looked at them.

"Well I should be going now, It was a pleasure to meet you Airion, See you again, hopefully.." She jumped on Togekiss and flew off.

"Yeah.." Airion said.

"Hmmm…" His mother stared at him.

"What?" he questioned.

"Nothing" They both went back inside and life continued as normal. Until one day at dinner.

"Airion" His mother said.

"Yes mom?"

"I'm kicking you out"

"What?"

"You have to leave"

"Why?"

"I saw the way you looked at that girl, and the way she looked at you"

"What're you saying?"

"You love that girl and she loves you as well, so here" She slid over a ticket. It was for a plane to Sinnoh.

"Are you serious?"

"I want you out of my house by tomorrow morning, and don't come back till you're engaged to that girl, you understand me?"

"I understand"

"Take Mr. Cuddles with you too"

"Alright" Airion rushed upstairs and started packing. By the next morning he was packed and ready to go. His mother handed him some cash and he rushed out with Mr. Cuddles. "Cynthia, here I come"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter II

Arion looked out the window, as the plane prepared to land. He was relieved he even made it on time. He had a hard time figuring out how things worked in the airport. He had to ask multiple flight attendants how to find his plane. Everything was good now though. He had finally arrived in Sinnoh. His heart was pounding at the thought of seeing Cynthia again. He felt Mr. Cuddles moving around in his pokeball. "Don't worry we're almost there" He said patting the Pokeball. Mr. Cuddles didn't like it in there. When the plane landed Airion grabbed his stuff and rushed out. He saw a sign that said Chocovine Town. He let Mr. Cuddles out, and the two walked around. "You know what I just realized?" He looked down at Mr. Cuddles who looked up and tilted his head as if asking what. "Well I don't know how I plan on finding Cynthia" Mr. Cuddles stopped and gave him an annoyed look.

He and Airion stared at each other for several minutes. "Well mom just kicked me out, I didn't have anytime to plan this, maybe call her, tell her I'm coming, what if mom was wrong, what if Cynthia isn't even interested, Ah man, she's gonna think I'm some creep" Airion started pacing back and forth. "Then she really won't ever like me, what if she has a boyfriend, I never asked, he'll probably be some super tough trainer and kick our asses for trying to mack on his girl" Mr. Cuddles kept staring as Airion continued freaking out. "Maybe we should just go home, I don't know why I left like that, mom still needs help."

Airion felt something slam into his gut. He fell back on his butt. Mr. Cuddles had headbutted him. He pointed at Airion and shook his head in protest. "You wanna stay?"
    Mr. Cuddles nodded, ran over and fumbled through Airion's bag. He pulled out the old magazine with the article on Cynthia and pointed at her. "We have to find Cynthia." Mr.Cuddles smiled and nodded then pointed to a neon pink heart sign on a building. "I understand, no second guessing anymore, even if she has a boyfriend, me and you will beat him and she'll fall into my arms." Airion jumped up to his feet. "Cynthia will be mine!" He shouted. All the people walking by looked at him. "Ah…." He put his head down and started walking.

He still had to figure out how to find her though. She could be anywhere and he didn't have anyway of contacting her. All he had was that he was in her home region. She might be off with the other Champions and Masters trying to find those Legendary Pokemon. The best way now was to wait till the Pokemon League opened and see her then, but that was months away. He walked into a Pokemon Center. He talked to Nurse Joy and she made him a trainer card. "Alright now I can start battling." He looked at the card it had full body picture of him. With his maroon hoodie and black backpack and jeans. His hair was a bit messy. She told him he should get a hat. It's trendy for trainers to wear hats now a days since all the Pokemon Masters wear hats.

Arion never really liked hats though, so he ignored her suggestion. He left the Pokemon Center and made his way out of the city. Nurse Joy had explained the basic trainer stuff. Tall grass is where Pokemon are. Make eye contact with another trainer and you have to fight them. No choice.

He walked out of the town and started making his way down a forest path. He walked until he heard rustling in the tree above him. Then he saw a small, and chubby greyish little bird flutter down. It had an orange beak with a black tip. It's face was white. It turned and looked at Airion and Mr. Cuddles. "I think we should catch it, what do you think?" Arion asked. Mr. Cuddles shrugged. "Alright we'll catch it."

Arion pulled out a Pokeball. "We have to weaken it first, use Headbutt." Mr. Cuddles launched himself head first at the small bird Pokemon. It flew up and evaded the attack. "What, How'd you miss?" The bird swooped down and began pecking Mr. Cuddles. "Alright, Dragon Breath!" Mr. Cuddles jumped back and shot a sparkling pink beam at the bird. It hit and the bird fell to the ground. "Alright, time to catch it."

Airion tossed the Pokeball at the stunned bird. The two watched it as it shook. One. Two. Three. The ball made a clicking sound and sparkled. "Well, I guess we just caught our first Pokemon Mr. Cuddles, we don't even know what kind of Pokemon it is, we'll just call him Fly Dude, cause you know… he flies." Arion chuckled. Mr. Cuddles looked unamused, by the joke. "Tough crowd". He picked up the Pokeball. "Welcome to the team Fly Du...."

Just then a black Pokemon rushed out of the trees and looked straight at Airion. It had a spiky red growth around it's neck and bright blue eyes with a white ghostly plume coming off of it's head. "You" It said in a deep angry voice. It lifted it's hand and blasted a ball of dark purple energy at Airion. The ball hit him right in the chest and sent him flying back. The Pokemon brought it's hands together and began charging a ball of energy again. "This will end it"

"Mr… Cuddles, Headbutt" Airion groaned. Mr. Cuddles launched himself and smashed into the Dark Pokemon. It stumbled back and blasted the energy into the air. "Now, Dragon Breath"

"Stand down" The Pokemon said a vortex appeared below Mr. Cuddles. It sucked him in, then shot him back out, asleep.

"What the hell?" Airion said getting up.

"I will finish you now" It began charging the dark energy again. Arion looked around. Mr. Cuddles was asleep, and Fly Dude was still too stunned from the last battle. He grabbed a Pokeball as his last resort.

"If I can't fight you, I'll just catch you!" He beamed the Pokeball at it. It's eye widened as the Pokeball sucked him in. The Pokeball shook and sparked violently as it struggled to get out. Darkness started flowing out of it till the top turned from red to pitch black and the white on the bottom became a dull grey. Then the Pokeball exploded darkness and Airion fainted.

"Hey dude! Are you alright?" Airion heard a young voice. He opened his eyes slowly to see a teenager with a black and gold hat. He had a bright red hoodie with bright yellow shorts. His eyes were golden and you could see his hair was black under the hat.

"I'm fine," Airion said sitting up against a tree. "Who're you?"

"My name is Gold, nice to meet you" the kid responded. He looked maybe sixteen at the most. "Did you see a Black Pokemon somewhere around here?" Arion looked around Mr. Cuddles was still asleep and the black and grey Pokeball sat there glowing.

"Red neck thing, ghost head?"

"Yeah that"

"I caught it" Airion pointed at the Pokeball.

"What…"

"I caught it.." Arion repeated.

"That's impossible, no one can catch Darkrai"

"Who?"

"Darkrai that's it's name, It's a Legendary Pokemon"

"Like Dialga?"

"Yep"

"Were you after it?"

"I was making sure he stayed calm"

"Are you a Pokemon Master?"

"Yes, I'm the strongest of all of us"

"So you know Cynthia!" Airion jumped up.

"Uh… yeah"

"Can you get in contact with her?"

"I have her number"

"Can I call her?"

"I don't think she'd be cool with me giving some random fanboy her number"

"I'm not some random fanboy, I'm in love with her"

"Sounds like a random fanboy to me"

"Ah.. that was pretty fanboyish of me, but I'm serious, just let me talk to her"

"I normally wouldn't, but I have a feeling there's more to you here, no one has been able to catch Darkrai, I think your having done so is enough to let you speak to her"

"Alright"

"But before we move off topic, let me tell you something."

"What?"

"Darkrai is now your Pokemon, He once said he'd kill any trainer who caught him, so I think it's in your best interest to not use him quite yet, you look like someone who's just starting out"

"Ok, I'll just hang on to him till I'm stronger"

"Good, now here, it's dialing" Airion grabbed the phone.

"Hello, what's up Gold?" He heard Cynthia's voice and his heart began to pound.

"Hey Cynthia" He said.

"Airion?" Her voice became softer and less commanding

"Yeah, it's me"

"What're you doing with Gold's phone?"

"I ran into him today, and he let me call you"

"How'd you do that, he's supposed to be in Sinnoh"

"He is, but so am I"

"You left home?"

"Yeah my mom kicked me out and told me to tell you something"

"What is that?"

"Ummm… you see…" Airion began to blush and feel nervous.

"He loves you" Gold butted in.

"Huh?" Her voice became high pitched, "Oh well I feel the same"

"You two are adults why're you acting like teenagers?" Gold had now fully inserted himself.

"Ah well I've never done this, no girls come out to the middle of nowhere" Airion admitted.

"Oh well have you ever had a boyfriend Cynthia?" Gold asked

" Um… no" She said

"What? I know you've got tons of guys clamoring for you." Gold said a bit shocked

"That doesn't matter" She responded.

"I guess, well now you guys clearly have each other all thanks to Gold A.K.A Matchmaking Master" Gold chuckled.

"So where are you, I'll come over there right now"

"No, you can't, this Legendary Pokemon investigation we're doing is dangerous, I'll come to you whenever it's over, promise."

"I think he'll be fine, he caught Darkrai" Gold jumped in again

"What?" she questioned

"Yep." Gold confirmed

"Airion don't ever use that Pokemon, ok?" she said.

"Gold already told me that" Arion said.

"Good, I'll try to be over there as soon as possible."

"I'll write down your phone number and call you"

"Ok, I have to go now, bye." The call ended. Airion walked over and picked up the dark Pokeball.

"I would train." Gold said.

"Why?" Airion asked.

"So you can go with her, she'll come to you, but she'll have to leave again soon, this mission and investigation is still ongoing, we don't have one lead and the Legendary Pokemon are becoming more and more aggressive."

"I see, so I need to become stronger if I want to be with her."

"Yes."

"Then that's what I'll do, Where's the nearest city with a gym?"

"Oreburgh City I believe"

"Alright then, thanks for the help man" He put his two new Pokemon on his waist and woke up Mr. Cuddles.

"Before you go take this.." Gold handed him a Pokedex. "It'll come in handy on your journey." Airion took it , thanked him, and kept on along the trail to Oreburgh City.

Years
  • Chapter III

Airion made it to the Oreburgh by nightfall. He walked over to the Pokemon Gym. "Roark, Rock type specialist." Airion read the sign in front. "Looks like Fly Dude won't do us any good here, it's all you Mr. Cuddles" Airion looked down at his companion. Mr. Cuddles looked back at him and smiled. "We should go train first though, I don't know how strong his pokemon will be, but better safe then sorry."

They walked over to the Pokemon Center Airion handed Nurse Joy his pokeballs. She stared at the black one for a second. Airion picked it up and returned it to his waist. They wouldn't be using him now anyway. She healed up the two others and Airion left over to route 206. Airion ran around battling Geodudes and Machops. Until Mr. Cuddles got tired. "Alright that's good Mr. Cuddles, time to use Fly Dude."

He trained with Fly Dude, beating Kricketots for a few hours. Then he got sleepy and started making his way back to town. As he walked the black pokeball began to glow again. He grabbed it and looked at it. There was a dark aura flowing out of the seal. It made his stomach pit. He felt an unknown fear of the Pokemon. He put it back on his waist and ran to Pokemon Center. He sat down and fell asleep soon after.

He saw Cynthia. She was standing with a kind closed eye smile. He walked forward then she opened her eyes. They were bright blue like Darkrai's. He stepped back. Then she faded and he saw his mom's house on fire. "Mom!" He tried to run towards the house, but his legs wouldn't move. He heard her agonized screams for help.

"Hello" He heard Cynthia's voice behind him. It wasn't normal though. It was more sinister. "Trainer, the person who caught me, you can keep my physical body trapped in that ball, but not my supernatural body, your dreams are my home now"

"No, leave now" Airion said.

Darkrai chuckled. "That won't be happening."

"This is my head and you're my pokemon, obey me, now"

"You insolent fool!" Darkrai grabbed his neck and lifted him into the air.

"Put me down" Airion commanded. Darkrai slammed him into the ground.

"I will torture you every night" A vision of Cynthia sitting in a bed began.

"What're you doing?" Arion asked. He was sitting in the corner of the room. He couldn't move again. A huge muscular man busted into the room. Cynthia jumped back in surprise. The man rushed and pinned her to the bed. She struggled but he punched her and started ripping off her clothes. "Stop." He continued watching as she struggled against the man. "I SAID STOP!" The room rumbled and the vision began to blur. Cynthia and the man looked at him. Airion stood up. The vision dissipated. And he saw Darkrai standing there.

"What are you?" Darkrai asked.

"Your Trainer", Airion responded the black Pokeball appeared in his hand. "Now return" He pointed it toward Darkrai. A red beam shot out and sucked him into the Pokeball. Then he woke up. He saw Fly Dude was laying on his head, and Mr. Cuddles was on his lap. He stayed still and let his two pokemon sleep a bit longer. He felt the black Pokeball on his waist. Girls kept walking by and giggling at the sight of him with a Starly nested on his head and a Gible laid out on his lap. After a few more hour they woke and made their way to Pokemon Gym.

He rushed through the trainers with Mr. Cuddles. Then he arrived at Roark.

"Welcome! This is the Oreburgh Pokémon Gym! I'm Roark, the Gym Leader! I'm but one Trainer who decided to walk proudly with Rock Type Pokémon! As the Gym Leader, I need to see your potential as a trainer. And, I'll need to see the toughness of the Pokémon that battle with you!" Roark said.

"Alright." Arion responded.

"Geodude Go!" He tossed a Pokeball and a Geodude came out.

"Mr. Cuddles." Mr. Cuddles walked forward.

"Geodude use Rock Throw" The Geodude grabbed a large rock off the ground and threw it at Mr. Cuddles.

"Bulldoze." Mr. Cuddles nodded and rushed at Geodude. He opened his mouth, caught the rock and crushed it. Then he charged full speed at the Geodude, and send it flying. The Geodude slammed into the back wall and fell unconscious.

"That's enough Geodude, Onix it's your turn!" He returned the Geodude to it's Pokeball and sent out an Onix.

"Onix use Screech!"

"Dragon Breath!" Mr. Cuddles opened his mouth quickly and blasted a pink sparkling beam at the Onix. It hit and the Onix was paralyzed.

"Break out of it Onix!"

"Bulldoze again" Mr. Cuddles rushed and slammed into the Onix. It tumbled back and collapsed unconscious. He brought back the Onix.

"Think you can take down the next Pokémon like you did earlier?"

"Yes, yes I do." Airion responded with a straight face.

"Eh… Uh… Cranidos go!" He sent out his last Pokemon. "Use headbutt!"

"Dod…" The Cranidos rushed faster than Airion could talk and sent Mr. Cuddles flying.
    "Use Dig!" Mr. Cuddles stumbled on his landing and burrowed underground. the Cranidos looked around to see where he was. "Now!" Mr. Cuddles shot up from under Cranidos and hit him head first. "Dragon Rage!" Mr. Cuddles opened his mouth and blasted a dragon shaped energy at Cranidos. There was an explosion as it made contact.

When the dust settled Cranidos was on the ground knocked out. "This is embarrassing... I went and lost to a Trainer who didn't have a single Gym Badge... But that's tough. You were strong and I was weak. That's all there is. According to Pokémon League rules, I have to give you our Gym Badge since you've beaten me, the Leader. Here's your official Pokemon League Coal Badge." Roark said walking over to Airion. He took the badge thanked Roark and walked out.

"Nice job out there Mr. Cuddles we looked pretty cool… Cynthia" He said as he walked out. She was standing outside of the gym.

"Hey Airion." She smiled and his heart began to pound.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter IV

Airion watched as Cynthia walked out of the Pokemon Center. His chest ached. Her words echoed through his mind. "I'm sorry" "We can't" "Not strong enough" "Goodbye". He couldn't move. He couldn't fight.

"How cruel." Gold walked up to Airion, "She spent the day with you having fun with you just to break your heart, that's Cynthia for you though, very strategic"

"How the hell was that strategic?" Airion looked up, his eye's on the verge of tears. Gold sat down.

"She wanted you not to pursue her because she doesn't do well with that whole emotional attachment thing, she's a Champion after all", Gold said.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Airion asked.

"Have you ever heard of Champions being in a relationship?"

"I don't know much about the other champions"

"Well none of them have ever gotten married or even been in a relationship, even Alder and he's old as dirt"

"Why?"

"Well it's a tough job and you need to not only find someone with common interests, but you also need to find someone who can keep up with you."

"I can't keep up.."

"Correct, you're too weak, she's interested, especially after today with your date and all, but she's not dumb, and she doesn't want you to be dumb, that's how it was strategic, she made sure to break your heart in the worst way possible so you'd hate and forget about her and follow your own path"

"I see, so why're you here?"

"Because I think that you're right for her, and that you have some serious potential as a trainer, you're destined for something, I know because I've seen others who are as well, I know the look now, the aura true greats give off, and you've got that aura"

"You're only like 15, how do you know so much?"

"You can't be an idiot and expect to be a Pokemon Master" Gold chuckled

"Yeah I guess"

"Anyway I better be going, get stronger, not for you, for her, I could see it was hurting her more to have to do that to you than it was hurting you to have to take it, I'll be waiting at the Pokemon League, you better be good and impress her" Gold got up and ran out.

"Hmmm… Ok, c'mon Mr. Cuddles, We have 5 months, I want to be done getting these badges in one, so we can go see Mom." Airion looked down at him. Mr. Cuddles nodded and smiled. "We'll become even stronger than Gold, then she won't have a choice, but to get with us" Airion wiped the bit of tear out of his eye and smiled. "Cynthia."

He ran over and looked at a regional map on the Pokemon Center wall. "Eterna city is the next closest city with a gym, Let's go" They ran out of the Pokemon Center and rushed over to Eterna city. After quite a few trainer battles on there way to Eterna they reached Floaroma Town.
    They ran into the Pokemon Center, and were stopped by a mailman.

"Are you Airion?"

"Ah yes, why?"

"This is from a Professor Elm" He handed him a pokeball and a letter. Airion opened the letter.

"Hello Airion, I received word from Gold that you were starting your Pokemon journey, and he suggested I give you the most special pokemon I had, because your journey was a most special one, so in this Pokeball is a Cyndaquil, but it is no average Cyndaquil, it is a shiny Cyndaquil, shinies are extremely rare pokemon, with mutations to the pigment of their skin and fur. This gives them a shiny appearance along with an entire new color. Anyway take good care of her and good luck, I'll see you at the Pokemon League."

Airion folded up the note and put it away. "Hmmm, a shiny, let's see what he was talking about come on out" The Pokeball opened and a Cyndaquil came out. It seemed to be glowing a bit. It redish fur on top and slightly red yellow color fur under its body. It looked up at Airion and cowered in fear. "Aw, you're pretty cute" He reached down and picked her up. "What should we name her?" He held the small pokemon like a baby. "Bae, you're Bae." He poked her nose She smiled. "Welcome to the team Bae, we're on a quest to get a girl, do you wanna help?" Bae nodded. "Alright, well we should get going." They healed up and started back on their trek to Eterna City. After a few hours they finally reached the city. The sun was setting.

"We made it!" His pokemon all outside of their Pokeballs, jumped and celebrated. Bae stayed close to his leg, Fly Dude sat on his head, and Mr. Cuddles followed behind. He walked over to the Gym.

"Gardenia, Grass type specialist. Alright, looks like Fly Dude and Bae will be the most help here, I don't think we need to do any training, with all those trainers bugging us on the way here, we should be fine." He walked to the Pokemon Center and healed up the group. "Tomorrow we get our second Gym Badge guys." He sat down and fell asleep.

"Hello." Darkrai was standing in front of him.

"Hi." Airion responded.

"I saw everything today."

"I know, I could feel you."

"What an interesting turn of events, even I didn't see that one coming after you two were having so much fun"

"Gold said it was her plan."

"You believe him?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"His type just like strong opponents, he probably didn't even care about your relationship, he just wanted to see you get strong so he could beat you"

"I doubt that"

"Think what you want, but I wouldn't trust a word out of his mouth"

"Good thing I'm not you then"

"I suppose"

"Why're you here?"

"Because I've nowhere else to go."

"I would let you out of your Pokeball, but sadly I can't trust you won't kill me"

"I see, well it's time to wake up, you have to get that badge don't you" Airion woke up. Bae was on his lap. Mr. Cuddles was next to him, and Fly Dude was rested on his head once again.

"Time to wake up guys" They all woke up and wiped the sleep out of their eyes. "You guys ready?" He bend down to look at them. They all jumped and cried out in excitement. "Lets go!"
    They ran to the gym. Bae managed to beat all the trainers alone and they rushed to Gardenia. "You kept me waiting! I'm Eterna's Gym Leader, Gardenia, the Grass Type master! When I first saw you, I was convinced you'd find your way to me. My hunch was right on the money. You have a winning aura about you. So, anyway, this will be fun. Let's have our battle."

"Aright go Fly Dude." Fly Dude jumped off of Airion's head and onto the arena.

"Go Turtwig!" Gardenia yelled as she threw her pokeball.

"Use Aerial Ace." Fly Dude flew up. His right wing began glowing and he rushed down at the Turtwig, and slashed it with his wing. The attack sent the Turtwig tumbling back.

"Turtwig use Razor Leaf!" Turtwig stood up and shot several sharp leaves at Fly Dude.

"Destroy the leaves with Wing Attack" Fly Dude Flew forward and sliced all the leaves with his wings. "Again on the Turtwig" He flew down and knocked out the Turtwig with another quick slice.

"Turtwig return, Go Cherrim!" Gardenia pulled Turtwig back, and sent out a Cherrim. "Magic Leaf!" Glowing leaves appeared all around Fly Dude and slammed into him.

"Crap" when the dust settled he was still standing,but he was battered up a bit. "Can you go on?" Fly Dude nodded and looked forward. "Aerial Ace!" Fly Dude flew at the Cherrim. His wing was glowing brighter now. When he slashed the ground shook and the Cherrim went flying. It slammed into the wall. "A critical hit!"

"That's enough Cherrim." She returned her unconscious pokemon. "It's not the end yet." She sent out a Roserade.

"Come back Fly Dude, It's your turn Bae, go on now show them what you've got" Fly Dude came back and rested on Airion's head. Bae ran out onto the arena.

"Roserade use Poison Sting!" Roserade shot several poison needles out of it's hand.

"Dodge and use Ember." Bae rushed out of the way. Flames started flaring out of her back and she shot a ball of fire at Roserade.

"Evade and use Poison Sting again" Roserade jumped out of the way and shot poison needles at Bae again.

"Flame Charge." Bae enveloped herself in fire and rushed straight at Roserade, burning the needles to ashes. She slammed into Roserade head first and sent it into the wall. It was out cold.

"Nice work Bae!" He squatted down and she came running into his arms. He stood up with Bae as Gardenia walked over.

"I might've said it before, but you're really tough! Wasn't it hard for you to raise your Pokémon to be so good? I guess that's a measure of how much you love your Pokémon. In recognition of that, I proudly grant you this!" Gardenia handed him her badge. He thanked her and they walked out.

"Nice work guys." All his pokemon stopped in front of the gym. He turned around. "What's up, guys?" Airion questioned. The three nodded at each other and began glowing bright white. Airion averted his eyes. When he looked back his Pokemon had changed. They evolved. Mr. Cuddles was a Gabite. Fly Dude became a Staravia. And Bae was Quilava.

"You guys evolved!" They rushed over to him. Bae hugged his leg. Fly Dude landed on his head. "You're kinda heavy now, Dude" Airion laughed. Mr. Cuddles smiled stood at his side. Airion pet Bae's head. "I love you guys."

Back