• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie with an idea...

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
  • Okay, I just found out about rm2k a few days ago, and I've been playing around with it for a while, but now I'm making a real game. I don't have much on it yet except that the main character is a Mightena...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Whatever the idea is, run with it! The beauty of RM2K is your game is only as good as the work you put into it. There are virtually limitless possibilities. If you need any help, ask anyone around here :)

Years
  • Maybe you should make a few practice games first. I made about 4 or 5 games before Pokemon Rusty II and you will find that you get better and better at using rm2k(3) as you go along.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Or, you can do it like me.
    I tried to make a whole pokemon game from the beginning.
    Then, I compared it with others and fixed some problems.
    Then, I trashed the whole thing and started over. Did the
    same thing again.
    Now I've decided to make the rescources first then make
    actual game. However, I make some common events every
    time I think of a something good in my opinion.

Years
  • Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Or, you can do it like me.
    I tried to make a whole pokemon game from the beginning.
    Then, I compared it with others and fixed some problems.
    Then, I trashed the whole thing and started over. Did the
    same thing again.
    Now I've decided to make the rescources first then make
    actual game. However, I make some common events every
    time I think of a something good in my opinion.

It would be best to write a story or something first, then gather resources, and finally after you've gotten what you need, then you start working on the game, that should make it easier too, so you dont waste alot of time gathering resources you eventually wont be needing when you make the game.

Back