• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: A Hoenn RP [T] | IC Thread

DahlilaWood

The loveable trainer
Years
  • "Onward to Adventure!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dahlila Wood
    charmander_wallpaper_by_katie350l-d5u8ypg_zps31012d66.png

Charmander
    Level 5.

"I'm really glad that I stuck it out with Charmander. He's been a good partner so far. I really enjoy him being around, he's made my life far more interesting than it used to be. As a child, I wasn't allowed around pokemon. My family didn't believe in owning any pokemon or interacting much with them. Charmander is one of my first pokemon i've ever interacted with aside from some wild pokemon i used to visit back home. I think that i definitely would have chosen a fire type, whatever pokemon i may have been able to choose wether it was back home, or in this region, or maybe another region. They certainly shed some light on life, if you know what I mean." Dahlila giggled a little and watched as her Charmander mingled playfully with the Fennekin, Aldren. She was happy to see Charmander climbing out of it's hard shy shell and socializing with something other than her for once. Dahlila looked back at Natsume, and smiled big at him. "Thank you for the compliment, I'm glad i'm seen as a good trainer already. You don't talk too much, it's okay if you ramble. I ramble some times too, though i can be really shy. I get better when i'm used to talking to someone, and we've talked for quite a bit here so I think I'm less nervous." Her smile widened, showing white teeth as she closed her eyes and giggled again.

Suddenly a burst of flame came rising into the air, like a tiny puff of welcoming from Aldren. Charmander froze, shaking a little at the sudden spurt of fire. Charmander looked up at Dahlila, unsure of how to react. Dahlila smiled at him, and nodded, and Charmander looked as though he'd gained lots of confidence in a matter of seconds. Charmander clenched his fists, stomping forward a bit towards Aldren. He inhaled heavily, and dramatically released a stream of fire into the air, full of confidence and a strong greeting in response to Aldren. Dahlila was surprised at the amount of fire streaming from Charmander's jaws, but didn't mind it as it wasn't harming anything. Charmander came to a stop with it and smiled, shouting it's name in celebrating to Aldren. "Charmander! Char! Char!" Charmander wagged it's burning tail a bit excitedly.

"You know, Route 101 is just up ahead. I heard there's some pokemon roaming around there on the way to Oldale town. We've got some brand new pokeballs, I think we could put a couple to use if we take a little stroll up ahead. And..." Dahlila started to walk forward a bit, turning just slightly to look over her shoulder at Aldren and Natsume. "Maybe, if we get a chance, we could have a battle once we reach Oldale town? It would be my first battle, and I'd really love to see what the atmosphere of it is like." She smiled and started to take the lead towards Route 101, her steps very slight as she tried not to get too far ahead of Natsume. She stopped just a bit towards the routes entrance, and turned around again. "I hope you'll come with me and Charmander! We'd love you two to come with us on the way to Oldale and maybe even to some other towns!" Charmander waved from Dahlila's side, calling out excitedly to Aldren with an invitation as well.

Important: Trainer Interaction! Natsume Hana.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Mia Fiore - Escape

The battle had started to take a turn for the worse. Carter had all but fainted from exhaustion, the remaining Poochyena were nowhere to be seen and the fiendish trainer had commanded his fire monkey to... sit in a tree. She wasn't too sure about the tactical advantage that this would give him, but nonetheless, she took note of his positioning. "What is he planning?" However, before she could fully comprehend his strategy, Mia was startled by the boy shouting at her. "Hey, you! Hurry up and capture these already! Before they stand back up!" This sentence alone confirmed her suspicions about the trainer. He was definitely a crook trying to steal these Poochyena from her; why else would he leave Carter on the brink of fainting, then command her to capture the rest of them.

His plan was genius, aside from one fatal flaw. The Poochyena would be sent straight to the old man after being captured, not kept on Mia's person. As such, if she were to catch them there'd be no physical way he could obtain them. Smiling at the thought of the fiend being left without a prize, Mia made sure to do what the boy wanted her to. She looked into the smoke clouds and was quickly able to locate the two remaining Poochyena. Quickly ripping another Pokeball out of her satchel, Mia launched the ball at the dogs... and missed. Staring wide-eyed with disbelief, she stepped closer and tried again, only to hit Carter instead. The mouse yelped as it jolted to face its trainer. "...Carter, can you catch them for me?"

Carter was visibly exhausted from the battle. But he managed to slowly limp his way towards one of the two pokeballs, keeping a weary eye out for any movement from the dogs. As soon as he got in range, Carter gave the ball a light tackle. Luckily, his aim was considerably better than Mia's, and he was able to hit one of the Poochyena. A flash of light exploded in the smoke. And a few moments later the ball disappeared. A single Poochyena was now sitting in the middle of the cloud, alone, and slightly more alert than before. It snapped its jaws when Carter attempted to hobble towards the dog. But Carter would not let himself be distracted. He wanted to finish this battle as quickly as possible, so he can finally get some rest.

Mia, on the other hand was anything but focused. Her attention sporadically jumped between the trainer and Carter, trying to ensure that he wouldn't do anything funny. But for the most part, the trainer just stood around waiting. But instead of questioning her previous assumption, she assumed that he was waiting for a time to strike. Carter had finally gotten the last Pokeball lined up and charged into the ball. And just like before, the Pokeball hit and captured its target. Sighing a heavy sigh of relief, Carter slumped onto the floor, hoping for the battle to end already. Unfortunately, there was still the trainer to worry about.

Glancing over the battlefield, Mia saw that all of the Poochyena were captured. Unfortunately, this mean that she was now at an impasse. She had nowhere to go from here, and there was no telling what the boy might do. She needed a plan and fast. Mia knew that she would not be able to beat the trainer in a head-on battle. Carter was a single hit away from being knocked out, while all of his pokemon seemed to be in an okay enough condition. As such, she'd have to come up with a way to weasel out of the fight.

She began to walk towards Carter while keeping a close eye on the Poochyena thief. Bending over, she scooped the mouse gently into her arm. "We're not done yet..." Mia whispered to Carter. The Cyndaquil frowned with displeasure and exhaustion. Ignoring this, Mia told the mouse her plan. "I'm going to get up close to him, then scream my head off. When I say your name, you're going to use smokescreen directly at the boy." Mia had no adequate reason for wanting to shout at the thief. Running away would be a much safer alternative. But the temptation of laughing at the boy as he realises that his plan failed was too strong for her to ignore. She continued to walk forwards, this time with the intention of facing the trainer, who didn't seem to be doing anything. "Then we run for Oldale town. If at any point you think he might attack us, use smoke screen immediately, got it?"

The Cyndaquil nodded weakly out of approval. Finally, pushing through a final patch of tall grass, Mia came face-to-face with her opponent. The boy was quite a lot taller than her, forcing Mia to look up at him. And before the boy could so much as utter a word, Mia exploded. "Well, well, well... I guess I threw a little wrench in your plans, didn't I?" She laughed whilst glaring at the boy. "All of those Poochyena are gone now, and not even I know where they are." Slowly, she pushed herself closer to the boy, holding Carter up slightly higher. Briefly, she smiled. But it didn't take long for the smile to turn into a scornful frown of hate and anger. "I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE POOCHYENA YOU STOLE FROM ME, YOU ROTTEN EXCUSE FOR A PERSON... CARTER!" She could tell by the look on the boy's face that he was shocked, and possibly frightened by the girl's shouting.

Smoke quickly billowed out of Carter's back, filling in the space between them. Laughing almost maniacally, Mia waited until she was sure that the smoke had covered enough space before running away. She began sprinting back down route 103, hoping that the trainer wouldn't be able to follow her.

Back