• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let me introduce myself

FSBS

Defunct
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    I'm here because I've been getting back into pokemon after a 10 year absence via ROMs and ROMhacks. I'm only familiar with the first 3 generations, though I favor the first and some of the second and third. I'm learning about some older new ones with Light Platinum, though am not very far in it.

I actually came here because I want to make my own hack based on Crystal. I posted in r/pokemonromhacks but it is a very small community and thought I'd get better luck here, since there seems to be a large and dedicated community.

I started Pokémon at age 11 with Crystal; eventually ending up 30-odd short of a full Dex believe it or not before I lost it. I got through Emerald, I believe, but am forever stumped on the mach bike floor puzzle in Sky Pillar Tower. I lost those games and my interest aside sporadic ROM runs for about ten years, until a few months ago when I redownloaded some ROMs and tried again. I started screwing with a Randomizer, then I got Omega Fire Red, and over the last couple nights started runs on Complex Crystal, Naranja, Light Platinum.

I have also been doing Nuzlockes, which you may find on r/Nuzlocke. I don't do youtube style LP, I just screenshot and caption them. So far on those I've failed a vanilla Crystal nuz at Jasmine with a level 40 Butterfree, I abandoned a Liquid Crystal nuz before Ecruteak with a Graveller, a Slowpoke, some others, and not a lot of potential in the PC. My Emerald run is going so smoothly I'm getting just a hair bored but also nervous, and my randomized Red is just waaaaay too easy since I pulled a Slowbro on the starters (other options were Nidorino and Golem) and caught a Charmander on Mt. Moon.

Anyways, so I joined to post my idea for a hack and get some feedback on the outline and answers for my questions. I intend to start it next weekend (weekends for me are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday) provided I have the time.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Hello there and welcome on PokéComunnity!

Whoa, 10 years is a long time to be absent from Pokémon. Do you still keep up with the new developments or did you stick with the older games?
    The ROM hacking subforums are a great place to go, there are a lot of friendly people willing to answer all your questions. Good luck with your project!

Enjoy your time on PC!

Years
  • Crystal is an absolutely amazing game and one of my overall favorites from the Pokemon franchise. Probably not just from Pokemon but from video games overall; the sprites were solid, the gameplay was addicting, you could finally play as a girl asdf, and Johto introduced some of the coolest ever Pokemon. Glad you enjoyed the ROM hacks too as they're without a doubt one of the coolest things here and bring many members to the forum. (Never finished Naranja years ago.. oops. :()

Anyways, big welcome, Fire! Or whatever you'd prefer to be called hah. Good luck working on your game and be sure to stick around.

Back