• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Ok, so I can't find where the pokemon party sprites are located at, it seems PokePic doesn't work for editing or I can't figure out why it is exports 1 of the 2 animation pics. So does anyone know how I can change those?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
To what dynamic should I compile things to in Emerald using XSE?

I believe that 0x9D0000-0xAFFFFF is all free space, along with some space near the end of the ROM. From 0xB00000 to something like 0xEC0000 there is a bunch of data (most of it compressed) that you don't want to mess with. I usually compile scripts to 0xA00000.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2010
I believe that 0x9D0000-0xAFFFFF is all free space, along with some space near the end of the ROM. From 0xB00000 to something like 0xEC0000 there is a bunch of data (most of it compressed) that you don't want to mess with. I usually compile scripts to 0xA00000.

THANK YOU. That should help a great deal :D

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Samike360:
Uhh..no? I think you just continue the script after the wildbattle command.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
Hi. I changed the Pokemon of the Gym Leaders in Pokemon Emerald using A-Trainer. I then realized that they don't use items, such as Hyper Potion, anymore, although they have the items (I checked in A-Trainer).

Can anyone help me on this?

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Well I'd download another trainer editor like BattlEd and see what it says. I had the same problem and using BattleEd as an alternative helped me.

Ok, so I can't find where the pokemon party sprites are located at, it seems PokePic doesn't work for editing or I can't figure out why it is exports 1 of the 2 animation pics. So does anyone know how I can change those?

I'd suggest using the Advance Series, because PokePic is glitchy :/

Last edited:

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Well I'd download another trainer editor like BattlEd and see what it says. I had the same problem and using BattleEd as an alternative helped me.

Ummm.... was that a typo or just something I should have noticed so obviously ._. and I am not joking either x.x
Or were you just being a pain >.>

Edit: Im done with Ruby, it looks like a whole lot more is known about Fire Red so I am going to use that for my base now.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
any1 know the offset for the running shoes in pokemon fire red for xse thx in advanced

I believe that you enable running shoes by using "setflag 0x82F". Keep in mind that the flag is different in R/S/E.

Now, I don't mean to be a jek but in the title of this thread, in big, capital letters, it says "search before asking a question". Your question is a pretty popular one and all I had to do to find the answer was to search the thread for "running shoes fire red". In the future, you'll save yourself a lot of time waiting for the answer if you just look it up yourself.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
does anyone know how to add/change compressed sprites in pokemon r/b/y?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Quick question. Is it possible to edit TMs in advance games? And if so, how?

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
I have two quick question. For Pokemon Red, not Fire Red, just Red, is it possible to edit the events in any way? Is there a tool to help with this?

Secondly, is there any way to edit where Pokemon appear? Like having an encounter with a Pokemon you wouldn't see outside it's original area.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Does anyone know where to find red/blue rom-map? I used to visit datacrystal but these days the site is having problems. can you tell me an alternative site?

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
does anyone know how to add/change compressed sprites in pokemon r/b/y?

Does anyone know where to find red/blue rom-map? I used to visit datacrystal but these days the site is having problems. can you tell me an alternative site?

Anyone help?

...I didn't receive one single answer to my questions since i joined this forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back