• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
  • Hey Spherical Ice! Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all your efforts to make this amazing game. I can't even imagine how much effort it must've taken to feature all those additional Pokemon from the fourth, fifth and sixth generation. I've played quite a lot of those hacks already, most of which bored me at a certain point, but I didn`t even stop playing until I reached the end of the current beta. Yours is by far the best one I know. Can`t wait for all the things that are still left for us to enjoy.
    Thank you!

Are Magas including Mega-Stones in the game already, like the video features or will they be added later? If they are there, then how to obtain them?
    Mega Stones are only in Beta 3, which has not yet been released.

Looking forward to Beta 3! I have a few questions:
    How many Betas are you planning to release until the final version?
    Are all Pokemon going to be in the game? If not, is there a list of which Pokemon will be in the game or not?
    Which Mega Evolutions will be included?
    Are you looking for any playtesters for Beta 3?
    If you have the ability to add anything you wanted to the game (nothing that's already in), regardless of restrictions, what would you add and why?
    Hopefully, Beta 3 will be the last beta, although it all depends on how long it takes: if there's still no release by, say, April of next year, I will probably release something anyway. There is currently no list of Pokémon available in the game because I myself don't know; I prefer to have the freedom to include Pokémon I want as I want them. I'll be sure to make a final list once the final release is out, however. Similarly, I haven't decided which Mega Evolutions will be included. We're not looking for beta testers for Beta 3, no. If I had the option to add anything, it would probably be a procedurally generated dungeon (which isn't necessarily impossible, but probably very difficult to accomplish) with varying wild Pokémon and Trainers.

I need some help ! i was surfing in Battle Marsh and i encountered a wild pokemon, after i killed it i glitched in water, now i can walk on water, baut i can't surf again neither can i get out of the water... how do i get out of that situation, please help...
    I'm not sure what caused that, I'm afraid.

Hi Spherical Ice, first things first i wanted to thank you for bringing to us this amazing hack. I had stopped playing pokemon after black and white, but after discovering your game about a month ago i got back into it. However i would like to report some bugs/stuff you could tweak i found out while playing, mostly in the battle marsh. I haven't read the thread entirely, so i'm not sure whether anyone has reported them already, but whatever...
    • The first couple times i tried to heal my pokemon in the pokemon center in the battle marsh the colors went crazy and the game freezed
    • I'm not sure wheter this is intended or not, but when i enter the battle marsh challenge with already damaged pokemon they don't get healed until after the first battle
    • Entering the elevator at the 2nd floor and selecting 2nd floor again will display the animation as if it were going up
    • There might be some problems with the noibat sprite, because when i met one in the battle marsh it appeared like a black circle with a white question mark, and despite my scarce knowledge of gen 6 pokemon, i'm pretty sure it isn't suposed to look like that
    • Sucker punch seems to be not working, because when a spiritomb tried to use it it did not display any text or animation and did not damage my gardevoir
    • There is a slight error in the 2-wide green bookshelf tile in the blue shards guy's house: the last pixels on the left show a wooden floor instead of the wall
    That's pretty much all i can remember, i hope i've been of some help.
    Apart from this, could you tell me if it's possible to find feebas in beta 2?

P.S. : sorry for my awful English and/or any typos: as the most observing of you might have guessed English is not my first language
    I believe I have fixed the first one, although it's hard to test. The second one has been fixed. The third one has been fixed. The fourth one has been fixed. The fifth one hasn't been fixed but I'm sure it's just a problem with the implementation. The sixth one has been fixed. Thank you! Feebas is not available in Beta 2.

And I also wanted to ask where I can get a ditto? I ask because I want to breed eevees...
    Ditto can be found in the Telmurk Warehouses.

Thanks everyone for letting me know about the Clefairy. Out of all the hacks I have played this one is by far my favorite one, along with pokemon liquid crystal. Can't wait until you release the new beta. Hope you guys follow through and finish the hack because this one is amazing. If I could buy it I would it's that good. Although I already know you're not supposed to purchase hacked games. Just saying it's that good! :) Keep up the good work team!!
    Thank you!

Very Nice Job Spherical !! Though I only play full games but have to give this a try as it was a runner up last year.. One thing which also took my interest that you have also edited the map to find Wild Pokemons.. I have not seen this genious work on any hack.. Job Well Done !!!
    Thank you!

Best hack i have ever played and i have played a lot, keep up the good work here. (ง •̀ω•́)ง✧
    Can't wait for the full game (*0*)
    Thanks!

The best Hack which I played ^^
    The Story is very good and the features too.

Bugs:
    Yanma evolved to Yanma?
    My Yanma has a little problem.
    I hope you can remove this Bug
    Keep it up!

|HunterxPokemon|
    Thank you! I've fixed the Yanma bug for Beta 3.

The game is simply awesome. The best I played
    I cant waith forvthe beta 3... no, for the complete game.
    The girl was right. Tfaining a ralts its hard xD
    My team was a Pidgeotto, Luxray, Aron, Gardevoir, Vulpix, Luxray, and Priplum. and i love the new moveset.
    Umbreon was still evolve with a moonstone?
    Can we have a starter of other gen? I hope so

Bugs
    One time the game crash badly when I use the Cable car.

In Telmurk city if you enter in the secret place before beat the Gym the game will make a soft reset.

Sorry for my bad inglish. I dont speakit to much ^^'
    Thank you! I have fixed the bug with the Cable Car, as well as the Telmurk City part.

Glad to see more progress mate!
    I think you are doing a good jokb in maping, but I think this screen is a little empty:
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Best of luck!
    Thank you! I disagree on that point, though.

I've implemented an Emerald-style encounter music, thanks to Jambo51. Not all of the encounter music ported is demonstrated in this video, but it gets the point across.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    This hack is great! The difficulty is great (not ridiculous broken like the majority of the other hack roms). I have really hi ropes for a fully functional mega evolution system in gen 3.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • This hack is great! The difficulty is great (not ridiculous broken like the majority of the other hack roms). I have really hi ropes for a fully functional mega evolution system in gen 3.

I can promise you its a legit fully functioning mega evolution system.

Sphere, great work on this. I got a chance to play V2 and its super well done. I seem to have a lot of free time on my hands at work and I understand data entry is time consuming and could be considered the less fun version of game design. If you need help filling out stats for megas, etc let me know.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • Pokemon Gaia is the best hack I'be played so far. Sprites, moves, types and new pokemon are enough causes to play this game. Especially I loved the cries of pokemon from 4th, 5th and 6th generation. Storyline and region is great too. Difficulty is okay.

I've finished betaV2, with gaining 3 badges and catching more than 100 pokemon. I'm waiting for next beta. Good luck with your project. :) I hope it will be released soon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    I really like this hack and am looking forward to Beta 3 (Please Mega Beedrill!)

I have run into a couple bugs I wanted to point out. Sorry if I am just repeating things. Trainers sometimes spawn "bad egg" for me to fight if I go into the bag for items. The other bug was magic bounce. Some attacks that are not affected by magic bounce have extra magic bounce dialouge (the attacks do work though). Also, when the opponent uses sing on magic bounce the sing animation loops forever and I have to reset.
    Other than that the game works great for me.

P.S. The various hidden grotto rooms are really cool.

Last edited:

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Okay, I've played up until the beta ends at gym 5. Let me just say this is the greatest hack I have ever played thus far, yes, edging out Light Platinum in terms of epicness. Thank you for making this, and I hope to see more in the future.

And now I have a bug to report, should be easy to fix: basically when Yanma evolves while knowing Ancientpower, it evolves into... Yanma. This process endlessly repeats itself every time it gets a level.

EDIT: Okay I have a problem. Where is rock climb? Previous posts indicate its in beta 3, but I cannot find it no matter what. Help?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sounds great man. I've always liked the emerald music more for the most part.
    Thank you!

Complet the amazing Hack..... I love IT
    I'm trying my darndest! Thanks.

This is a great hack! Looking forward for its completion.

Are 721 Pokémon available here? Or only selected few in addition to the first 386?
    A selection from across all the generations are available, but there is no set regional list of Pokémon, either. I add them as I see fit, basically. Every Pokémon has their data, though, so (more or less) nothing is off-limits.

Simply amazing, looking forward to next beta!
    Thank you!

On Sabulo Island there is a biker, that when i talked to him, he stuck me in place and i couldnt move but the music was still going
    This will be fixed in Beta 3 (if only because the bikers aren't even on Sabulo Island anymore, haha).

This hack is great! The difficulty is great (not ridiculous broken like the majority of the other hack roms). I have really hi ropes for a fully functional mega evolution system in gen 3.
    Thank you!

I can promise you its a legit fully functioning mega evolution system.

Sphere, great work on this. I got a chance to play V2 and its super well done. I seem to have a lot of free time on my hands at work and I understand data entry is time consuming and could be considered the less fun version of game design. If you need help filling out stats for megas, etc let me know.
    Thanks! I actually very recently finished up inserting the data for essentially every Pokémon (okay, not the Furfrou and Vivillon formes, haha). Thanks for the offer, though!

Pokemon Gaia is the best hack I'be played so far. Sprites, moves, types and new pokemon are enough causes to play this game. Especially I loved the cries of pokemon from 4th, 5th and 6th generation. Storyline and region is great too. Difficulty is okay.

I've finished betaV2, with gaining 3 badges and catching more than 100 pokemon. I'm waiting for next beta. Good luck with your project. :) I hope it will be released soon.
    Thank you! It means a lot. Incidentally, there are five Badges in Beta 2, so you may have missed a couple of Gyms!

Pokémon Gaia Version

I'm gonna find that Geodude in the world of nothingness. LOL
    Haha, my bad. The new world map means I need to update that anyway. Thanks!

So far this is the best hack I've seen all year! Good job, I'll be playing this all day now.
    Thank you!

when will it be done? cant wait to play the full thing
    I have no idea, haha.

I really like this hack and am looking forward to Beta 3 (Please Mega Beedrill!)

I have run into a couple bugs I wanted to point out. Sorry if I am just repeating things. Trainers sometimes spawn "bad egg" for me to fight if I go into the bag for items. The other bug was magic bounce. Some attacks that are not affected by magic bounce have extra magic bounce dialouge (the attacks do work though). Also, when the opponent uses sing on magic bounce the sing animation loops forever and I have to reset.
    Other than that the game works great for me.

P.S. The various hidden grotto rooms are really cool.
    Mega Beedrill is actually one of the few Mega Stones I've already made available in the version I'm working on, haha. You'll definitely be able to get your hands on it! I've never experienced that Bad Egg glitch, but I suspect it is a leftover from a problem with Beta 2 that has since been fixed. I'll look into Magic Bounce, though.

Okay, I've played up until the beta ends at gym 5. Let me just say this is the greatest hack I have ever played thus far, yes, edging out Light Platinum in terms of epicness. Thank you for making this, and I hope to see more in the future.

And now I have a bug to report, should be easy to fix: basically when Yanma evolves while knowing Ancientpower, it evolves into... Yanma. This process endlessly repeats itself every time it gets a level.

EDIT: Okay I have a problem. Where is rock climb? Previous posts indicate its in beta 3, but I cannot find it no matter what. Help?
    Thanks again! I'm glad you enjoyed the beta. The Yanma evolution bug has already been reported, yeah. My bad! Rock Climb is indeed in Beta 3, but that hasn't been released yet. You're playing Beta 2, which is why you can't find it.

A while back I alluded to the story getting a revamp, and I'd like to divulge a little bit more about what that entails.

In previous releases of Gaia, the antagonists you follow around had no real name and were excessively secretive about their motives, to the point where it was almost agonising. This has been changed.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Meet the New Elders! In Beta 3, you first meet this group of thugs at the Aerous Museum. What could their plans for the Orbtus region be?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    A while back I alluded to the story getting a revamp, and I'd like to divulge a little bit more about what that entails.

In previous releases of Gaia, the antagonists you follow around had no real name and were excessively secretive about their motives, to the point where it was almost agonising. This has been changed.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Meet the New Elders! In Beta 3, you first meet this group of thugs at the Aerous Museum. What could their plans for the Orbtus region be?

To teach those young whippersnappers a thing or two and make public announcements about how bad the retirement homes are.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    You da man spherical ice! Just finished playing the beta with all 5 badges and this game rocks! Props to you for proof reading all the text too! I hate rom hacks with crummy grammar lol I might just start over when you release the new beta! Hmmm a suggestion I suppose would be to add a little more to do between gyms.... maybe add some side quests or something? Anyways great game man!

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    Here' s the deal:
    I've played hacks for years now. I found this site a very long time ago. And your game got me to finaly sign up. Just to tell you that it rocks! Hot stuff! Great graphics, superb story, nice map, stunning details, awesome pokes including sweet moves and so on and after playing the Resolute version the most important fact, good grammar!
    I love your game! By the love of satan, please complete it!

Back