• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono Fighting OU! An RMT

xxIGNorant

Lumiya's Royal Stormtrooper
Years
Tired of seeing all the stupid Politoeds and therians running around, I decided to do something a little more original. I saw fighting as a great offensive type and decided to base an entire team around it. As of now, it's had mixed results.

Cobalion (Hitmongoat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Speed
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
I use this one as my lead most of the time. I want to get rocks up as quick as possible, mostly because Volcarona and Dragonite are such huge threats to this team. Because of my bulk, I usually survive the first hit to either fire off a CC, or cripple a would-be problem Poke with T-wave. If I get the Para, Iron Head's flinch can be annoying coupled with it.

Medicham (Hitmoncham) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 SpDef
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Trick
Revenge killer. Although underestimated when played in the OU environment, he still finds a way to completely wreak everything with his Pure Power ability. As long as SR is up, I can come in on Dragonite after it's killed something and KO with Ice Punch. Psycho Cut for secondary STAB, plus it's good for picking off Gengar. I shouldn't have to bring up the awesome power of Hi Jump Kick.

Scrafty (Hitmonthug) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 248 SpDef, 8 Atk
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
I can comfortably switch Scrafty into most neutral special attacks and proceed to Bulk Up after the opponent switches. Scrafty especially enjoys SR support, as it allows him to beat Volcarona with Dragon Tail. Scrafty can become a ***** to take down if it accumulates enough boosts. I always try to paralyze Skarmory with Hitmongoat to make sure that Dragon Tail will always outspeed Whirlwind.

Lucario (Hitmondog) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 Def
- Vacuum Wave
- Aura Sphere
- Hidden Power Ice
- Dark Pulse
This guy allows me to hit from the Special side of the spectrum. HP Ice wreaks dragons weakened by SR, while Aura Sphere is a super-powerful move when boosted by Specs. I can use him as a revenger with Vacuum Wave, but it's not a move I particularly like being locked into. Dark Pulse is mainly for ghosts and Latios.

Breloom (Hitmonshroom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Spore
Seriously, why is this even OU? It sweeps teams by ITSELF. With almost NO support needed. Sure, SR helps, but when Spore gives me the opportunity to dance with swords, Mach Punch + Bullet Seed will kill everything, or at least put it within range of being easily revenge killed. Before you yell at me for forgetting the existence of Salamence and (of course) Dragonite, they can't switch into Bullet Seed as long as SR is up and expect to live another hit.

Keldeo (Hitmonpony) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 4 SpDef
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ghost
I feel this is the weakest link in my team, and I'm open for suggestions on what I can swap Keldeo for. Pretty much the only reason I use this, is so I can have another special attacker. I can't really use Calm Mind effectively, because he's a Toxic-magnet in front of Politoed. HP Ghost is useful for catching ghosts off guard, and it's my only option against Latios and Latias.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I think Cobalion should use a faster spread because it can still take physical hits even if its Defense isn't invested. Its high Speed also allows Cobalion to get Stealth Rock up before it gets Taunted:
-Stealth Rock
-Sacred Sword/Close Combat
-Volt Switch
-Toxic/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 248 HP/28 Atk/232 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Also, Zen Headbutt is a stronger STAB alternative for Medicham.

xxIGNorant

Lumiya's Royal Stormtrooper
Years
Now that I think about it, it certainly does make sense to give the goat some more speed. I may keep T-wave, but replace Iron Head with Volt Switch and also change the nature. Before putting Medicham on this team, I was at a loss at what to do for the psychic STAB. I went with Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt for a reason: the accuracy needs to be reliable. Medicham really can't afford to miss. I should also mention that every time I deployed Medicham for the purpose of using Psycho Cut, he netted me the kill. He is a revenge killer, after all.

Back