• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magma Surf?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • How would I make a new HM that would allow the player to surf on Magma, while only on certain maps? Be it, if not on the map, then it would say, something like, "Ouch! The lava burned (insert whatever pokemon is at the start of the party, and add a burn status effect to them, as well as turn the player to face the opposite of his/her current direction).

Years
  • Well, I'm not sure how to make the burn thing. But much like adding rock climb, you can copy the Surf script and make it for the move "Lava Surf", just create a new terrain tag for it.

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • and how would I make ti so it burns the first pokemon if not in a good area? Also, I want to say for regular surfing, things where the player can't surf, like it says The water is too shallow for (insert pokemons name here) to surf! And how do I make it so it says the surfing pokemon's name?

Years
  • I would suggest playing around with essentials a lot more, and trying things on your own, before requesting all kinds of things like this.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I don't see the point behind having a pokemon being burned, from my understanding certain pokemon can traverse lava, but on certain maps the lava is too hot and therefore cannot? It seems unrealistic to have a pokemon be burned, as I would assume the player would be able to know it's too hot prior to throwing the pokemon in the burning lava...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did you search and copy every code that uses ':SURF' (try Ctrl+Shift+F)?

Back