• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corgis are cute

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is true, and also very relevant to this thread.

Why don't Pokemon games incorporate more real life pets? If they did or had done, would that take away the authenticity of the Pokemon world for you? What about babies that they had in DPPt - do you think that made the games seem a lot less pokerealistic? Or do you think that animals COULD exist fine in the Pokemon would (or are there too many animal Pokemon?) Like not even having major roles really, just having animals as pets that you can touch and play with, or even get to follow you and so on? If this has happened I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened in many games. So... why not? Discuss.

Also if there were animals in the games, would you own a corgi?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I think it would be.... interesting to include real-life animals in a Pokemon game/anime. It would add a level of human-like qualities to Pokemon, though, and I'm afraid that might hurt the franchise to have Pokemon seem more than roosters to be battled with.

It would be nice to have your Pokemon walk the dog though. Maybe Muk or Garbador would find a use for those lovely presents dog owners have to pick up.

On the other hand, it would be nice to see where all those hamburgers Ash eats are coming from.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • My dog is a corgi mixed with something else.

I'd like to see many pets as Pokemon.

Leopard geckos, corgis, hamsters, more cats, parakeets, stuff like that...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • UMMMM corgis should be in all games ever. Why should this be disputed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Yes, I would. Most pokemon are based off of real animals, so I don't see a difference.

Years
  • O: That would be adorable! I think there should just be a Pokemon game based off each and every species of dog there is. That would be number one on my must-have video games without a doubt.

Years
  • Why don't Pokemon games incorporate more real life pets?

Lillipup, Meowth, Furfrou... that's 3 off the top of my head. I think it'd be more appropriate discussion if we were to talk about the different species of the real life pets.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Pokemon isn't about being fully based on real life things; it's more on jumbled up animals into one super-creature thing. It wouldn't make sense to have something that's completely off of the real life.

Pokemon isn't about being realistic. It wouldn't make much sense, imo.

Back