• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Repel's effect wore off! Use another?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • This is a feature introduced in Black 2 and White 2, if you already used your Repel and you still have it, the game will prompt you if you still want to use it. Also, it started to become a staple in future Pokémon games too. How's your opinion about this new feature? I personally enjoy it because it's time-saving and I can decide if I want to use it or not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    This is a feature that should've been in an earlier Pokémon game. I absolutely love how I have the choice if I want to use another or not. Not only that, but I like how I don't need to go to my inventory and use another there.

If there was one thing annoying about this mechanic, it'll be how you're done with using Repels, but accidentally use another. That's just a minor nitpick, though. I hope it continues to be a staple of future Pokémon games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I loved it when they put this in. Often times you wanna use more than one repel while running around, and having to dig through your bag (which somehow holds a million items) and find more repels was a bit annoying.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I've never played BW2 or X & Y but I definitely think it's a nice added feature. To my understanding you don't have to go into your inventory to activate another repel. They should of added it in an earlier game, perhaps when D/P came out.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • If you stripped out all the new breeding buffs, this would have been the best feature of b2w2 without question. I've used this function so many times it's ridiculous. Its especially useful in the caves that are so common in unova, and in the water areas later in the game. Really glad it carried over as a set feature of new Pokemon games.

Years
  • This is pretty much one of the most revolutionary changes in B2/W2, having this little notification pop up when you run out of a repel makes it much more handy to get around without annoying encounters all the time. It was nice to see it carried over into the next games as well so it'll definitely remain a staple.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    This is the best mechanic ever. Honestly i was waiting for something like this. Sometime you just want to run back to a town without running into Pokemon. Constantly having to dig in your bag of endless items to look for it. Especially if had used an item before that one you'd have to search around for it. This was amazing. This took tons of tedious work away. This should always stay in Pokemon games.

Nakala Pri

This was such a vast improvement. :D Going for a twenty minute search in your bag and finding out you were in the wrong compartment was seriously annoying, so this was an awesome short-cut! :P (Especially in Chargestone Cave, am I right?)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Perhaps I'm imagining things, but didn't this also exist in fourth generation games, specifically HeartGold and SoulSilver? I was playing former last week, and the message seemed to have appeared when I'd used repels.

Anyway, I do agree that it's a nifty addition! As stated before, it saves us the hassle of constantly digging into our backpack and whatnot, which is comforting!

Years
  • I don't think there's anything but good that can be said about this feature. I really don't have anything to say about it that everyone else here hasn't already, this was something that was definitely overdue in past games and it's very helpful. It was even better that they carried this over to XY.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Have to agree with all of you here. It's a good idea to use one during Chargestone Cave and Twist Mountain, and when you're out of that cave, you also have the option to cancel it. That's what I like.

Back