• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Fairy (Oct. 11-18)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

f4ZS8zU.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until October 18th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Can we talk for a moment about the greatest Fairy type ever, Mawile? MAWILE IS A BOSS DEAL WITH IT. THERE.

Whimsicott and Sylveon are also cool, but I REALLY want Mawile to win.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Not that many to vote for this time...

Igglybuff line.
    Togepi line.
    Snubbull line.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Clefable: I have liked Clefable for a pretty long time despite not playing with it very much in many of the games. Mostly I like Clefable because it is the original Fairy Pokemon, and I always thought it made sense that it should have had a different type other than the Normal type when I was younger, I actually thought it would have made a lot of sense if it was the Psychic type. However Fairy type does it just fine.

Togekiss: The Togekiss family is such an awesome family that is incredibly powerful and definitely deserved the Fairy type when transitioned over to generation 6. It's even the pokemon that was notoriously known for the Para-Flinch build and while having this title it has been an incredibly intimidating pokemon to come up against in a competitive battle. I always love pokemon that are adorable in appearance and are simultaneously terrifying in battle, and Togekiss is definitely no exception to this.

Azumarill: I for a very long time never liked the Azumarill family, however playing through Omega Ruby has completely changed my opinion of Azumarill. I just recently built a perfect Azumarill with Huge Power as it's ability and this little Water Fairy has positively blown me away with how incredibly powerful and useful it is. I have enjoyed using it immensely and on top of being an incredibly hard hitting it has an incredible survival rate due to it's impressive HP stat. Definitely climbed up to being one of my favorite pokemon in a very short amount of time.

Mawile: I talked about Mawile quite a bit in the Steel poll and it deserves the same respect as a new founded Fairy type, so I'll just leave it at that.

Whimsicott: Whimsicott absolutley astounded me with how incredibly powerful it was even as a solid Grass type back in Black and White version when I played with it the most. Giving it the Fairy type just gave an incredibly powerful pokemon even more power. Since I spoke about it a lot in the Grass poll, I'll also leave this as is.

Klefki: I recall explaining my vote about Klefki in the Steel poll. I kind of look at Klefki as being a Whimsicott 2.0, and man oh man, with a title like that, this guy definitely does not disappoint.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • My one and only vote goes to Swirlix and Slurpuff, only fairy type I can say stands out from the others for me. I love their derpy faces and that they are based on cotton candy!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Huh. I realized I don't really love the fairy type Pokemon XD

I really like Grandbull tho so it was an easy vote!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I totally forgot how many cool Fairy-type Pokemon there are. 8)

Ones I voted for :

• Snubbull line
    • Mawile
    • Cottonee line
    • Klefki
    • Xerneas

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • My one and only vote goes to Swirlix and Slurpuff, only fairy type I can say stands out from the others for me. I love their derpy faces and that they are based on cotton candy!

Slurpuff was also the only one I voted for, and that's cause... It's the only one I've legitamately used.:P

Years
  • I voted Wigglytuff. Strong, tanky, and I've always liked Jigglypuff too, so it was fun finding out that it evolved.

Years
  • Fairy is like just behind Water on my fave types list, so it was hard having to leave some stuff out of my votes.

I voted for the Cleffa line since I know how iconic Clefairy is among Fairy-types, and having good moves and abilities definitely helps. Togepi line has Serene Grace and the powerful Togekiss, Azurill line for being one of the first confirmed Fairy-type additions for older Pokemon (plus I love Huge Power Azumarill), Mawile for having a powerful Mega, Cottonee line for its amazing status spreading with Prankster, Flabébé line for its cute floral theme and different coloured flower forms, Sylveon for being one of my fave Eeveelutions. And finally Klefki and Xerneas for their great competitive abuse.

I did vote Carbink and Diancie here as well, but my Rock-type vote explains it better.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I honestly never knew how many fairy types I liked :O
    I voted for Diancie, Klefki, Sylveon, Togekiss line, and azumarill line :D

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I love Fairy-Types! At first, I wasn't to keen on it, but now I love them! Here's the list of Pokémon I voted for:

Togepi Line - TOGEKISS IS JUST COMPLETE AWESOMENESS. I love this Pokémon so much. It's pretty strong and graceful at the same time!
    Azurill Line - Do I need to say anything. Since I love Water-type and Fairy-type 'mons OF COURSE I would vote for this line. This family is extremely cute, and I really have to use them more in my playthroughs!
    Mawile - Okay, listen to this story: I've ALWAYS hated Mawile. I've always found it ugly and weak, but since it gained the Fairy-Type and a Mega-Evolution, I've started LOVING this Pokémon. I don't know why though ... It just looks so badass. I really need to use it on my team someday for the first time!
    Cottonee Line - I just like how now they're also part Fairy-type. It's nice to have a Grass/Fairy type on your team!
    Swirlix Line - I love how cute and clumsy this evolution line looks! AHHHH IT'S SO ADORABLEEEEEEEE.
    Sylveon - It's one of my favourite eeveelutions! For real! I've used it on my first playthrough of Pokémon X and it's pretty decent! I love its design as well ^^
    Dedenne - AWWWWWWWWW ADORABLEEEEEEE
    (Carbink) and Diance - I love how gorgeous Diance looks! I love its mega too!
    Xerneas - Obviously the Pokémon of Life has to be in this list. I love its design and how majestic this Pokémon looks. I don't know if it is really strong or not, since I never use legendaries on my team, but my guess is that it's pretty decent!

Sirfetch’d

Klefki is my favorite Kalos Pokemon so it easily got my vote!

I love every fairy though ahhh <3

cRaCkZ

Well...
    Years
  • Sadly Gardevoir won Psychic Tournament.
    My vote was too obivious.

So I voted Mawile because...idk.. I just love her design . ( I like to reffer her like a girl.. i know she can be both genders)
    Flabebe line... because they are sooo adorable
    Xerneas... the beast in my old Fairy Monotype team.

I could vote all of them , except Snubull, and Mr.Mime
    Fairy type is my 3rd favorite type after Psychic and Dark <3

Back