• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your favourite fire type pokemon in gen 5 pokemon in b/w.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    wut.

Well, my favourite Fire-type from Gen 5 has to be Chandelure (which I've used in my White run). Raising it as a Litwick for quite a long time has undeniably paid off!

My overall favourite Pokémon from that generation is quite hard to choose... but at this point I'll just go with my starter, Samurott :)

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Fire type is a tough one! I really, really like Darmanitan, Chandelure, Emboar and Heatmor! If I had to choose one I'd probably plump for Darmanitan - that thing is a genuine monster!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Victini, Chandelure, Volcarona, and Reshiram are my most favorite Fire-Types from Unova. I feel Reshiram has a bit of an unfair advantage due to being a mascot, and Victini is a legendary that I haven't used much... but it's still really hard to pick between Chandelure and Volcarona! I use both competitively, too...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Litwick line I love because of the lore surrounding it. And Darumaka I love because it's doing really well for me in my W2 run!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I would have to say Darmanitan, I've used it twice now in my runs and it was amazing both times.

Not many Fire-types in Unova though, but they're all pretty cool, there's Victini and Reshiram, legendaries, and I also like Chandelure and Volcarona, both are strong Pokemon with great designs.

Years
  • There are more than a few favorites, but going by the thread title, I'm going to say Volcarona. Volcarona is a beast when it comes to lighting things on fire.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Emboar has so far been my favorite Fire-type in BW. The thing is truly a monster for the region and can basically solo-run the region by itself. It was so much fun to use the couple playthroughs I did with it.

Honorable mention to Darmanitan, so stronk!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I like Darmanitan a lot, although Chandelure is pretty cool as well. Got to give it to Darmanitan though. Chandelure wins best ghost though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I like Darmanitan a lot, although Chandelure is pretty cool as well. Got to give it to Darmanitan though. Chandelure wins best ghost though.

This pretty much sums up my opinion as well. It's a toss-up between these two for me, but I also have to place Darmanitan ahead, mainly because of how useful it was on my team. Chandelure was a neat concept, though, and I'm glad we're seeing more and more types paired with Ghost.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    darmanitan is probably the best non-legendary fire Pokemon from Unova, but the entire Litwick line is my favorite for their design and typing.

Years
  • My fave Unova Fire-type is definitely the Litwick line, with Chandelure's beastly base 145 Sp. Attack and powerful Ghost and Fire moves. Reshiram and the Darumaka line are good as well, along with Pansear's line, but then I'm probably the only person out there who even loves those monkeys.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I only just recently played 5th Gen for the first time a couple of months back - I used a Darmanitan on my team and was quite a big fan. However I only really used it because it was the first fire type I came across and I tend to go for a core of Fire-Water-Grass in my in game teams, so I wouldn't necessarily say that it was my favourite.

Having just looked at all the fire types, it doesn't appear that there is too much to offer so I'd have to say Chandelure is my favourite - it's a really slick design and the whole family just works. I know lots of people aren't fans of inanimate objects as Pokemon but I think they work really well at times, especially with regards to the Ghost type.

Years
  • I think the newer Fire type combinations are good as well. Ghost/Fire, Psychic/Fire, Bug/Fire, Dragon/Fire... so many good Fire types introduced!

Back