• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Letting the player release a pokemon in the party screen

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    Hi guys.I need help.Could someone please write essentials script for me?I want to add and option to party settings (Summary, items, mail, etc..) that lets you release pokemon from there.I know some ruby basics, but i can´t pull this off.It would help me so much if someone wrote the script for me.Im a good spriter, maybe i can draw something for you as payment, if you want...

Thanks.

Years
  • Hi guys.I need help.Could someone please write essentials script for me?I want to add and option to party settings (Summary, items, mail, etc..) that lets you release pokemon from there.I know some ruby basics, but i can´t pull this off.It would help me so much if someone wrote the script for me.Im a good spriter, maybe i can draw something for you as payment, if you want...

Thanks.

Replace def pbPokemonScreen in PScreen_Party with
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    Thanks a lot, but this shoved up.There is a undefined method...

Message: undefined method `isEgg?' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0xc169c60>
    PokemonParty:1906:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonParty:1903:in `each'
    PokemonParty:1903:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonParty:1887:in `loop'
    PokemonParty:2084:in `pbPokemonScreen'
    PokemonPauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    PokemonPauseMenu:172:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'
    PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Or is the problem because of some kind of my stupidness?

Years
  • no, probably not because of stupidness. Probably because you are using a different version than Mej is. Try replacing the .isEgg? with just .egg? and see what happens.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2017
    Problem solved, thanks.Also...another scripting problem of mine.How can i decrease pokemon count in party form six to three, or just decrease it?Is there any way?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The 6 Pokémon limit on the party is heavily hard-coded into Essentials, not to mention the graphics being designed around it. You'd have a very tough time adjusting it all, and I don't know how usable any shortcuts would be.

Years
  • After thinking about this, I actually really like this idea, for Nuzlockes. If a Pokemon is fainted (and therefore dead), give the player the option to send it to the PC and/or release it straight from the party. The player still has to go physically to the PC if they want to switch to a specific replacement, but they at least have room on their party for a new encounter.

Back