• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[BW OU] Team Stunfisk Sweep

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years

Hey everyone ^^ I just constructed this team and I think it may work, it is my first team I have made and I am fairly pleased with it. I know it's not really that good though. Well, without further ado lets have a look at the team.

At a Glance
579.gif
618.gif
462.gif
593.gif
217.gif
500.gif

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well, you're going for the glory here, huh? I applaud you.

I personally have never been able to run Trick Room effectively, ever. Why? Well, to be honest with you, it's just really really hard to use. First, you have to assume you can get Trick Room off. Any kind of lead (think: Thundurus, Deo-S) is going to try to Taunt you. You might want to try Xatu or something to help stave off the huge Taunt weak and hopefully get Trick Room up more... easily. And once you've got Trick Room up, you've only got about four turns (right? I think so) to manuever and smash the opponent's team as much as you can. But once your time is up, they're basically free to retaliate. The thing that I don't like about Trick Room is that yes, you can get everything rolling in your favor, and then Trick Room ends and you really can't do anything about them counter-sweeping you at that point. You could carry tons of checks for really fast Pokémon, but that'd detract from your offensive synergy that you -need- to get your team to function well. You could carry really fast Pokémon to work well outside of Trick Room, but then when your team is doing what it's supposed to do (ie keep TR up) they're dead weight. Like, for example, once Magnezone is down (or its Balloon is just popped - you rely on it for so many threats that there's literally no way its Balloon will be salvaged through the whole match), Excadrill nabs an easy clean sweep. You could try to carry Conkeldurr which is slow and holds priority, but it has its own weaknesses that you'll have to take into consideration too. Plus, fast offense isn't the only thing that TR has difficulty against - heavy stall/strongly defensive mons are really hard to break, especially considering that TR attackers are generally very one-sided. I dunno, I just believe that TR is at a disadvantage to every other kind of team style because you can't run Pokémon that set up (or else you'll waste TR turns) and you only have that limited time when your team is really usable.

.......aside from me ranting why I don't like Trick Room, here's a little bit of advice: why not use what's literally the best Trick Room user: Reuniclus? Bulk and power and coverage all come into one, with Magic Guard to prevent status and LO recoil and you really have an amazing abuser of Trick Room.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
http://dialgafans.pytalhost.de/ is my preferred site though I dislike the stupid random ads they have now. There are probably better sites out there but that's the one I use.

edit: totally just realized this is -not- the simple questions thread, owell. :(

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
I definitely agree with Vrai, Reuniclus is awesome and should probably go over Eggy. It's really just much more effective overall...more power, more it's "faster" (under Trick Room) and has much better coverage. It also doesn't struggle with common stuff like Ferrothorn and Latios.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
Thanks guys ^^ I appreciate it :P

- I will go ahead and replace Exeggutor with Reuniclus

- Should I replace Magnezone with Eviolite Magneton? It would have the same bulk as what i'm running, air balloon won't really work and it frees up more evs for SpA, downside is 10 base points higher in speed but really, is that a downside, it outruns everything anyway. (Obviously in Trick Room)

Also, vrai. I have just realised how right you are about how trick room really doesn't work D:, This team won't be seeing a lot of use likely.

Back