• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Scarlet Version

How do you think the game is going?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm... when you come out of the houses in Rosenut city, its like your coming out of a mart or PC.
:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
oh yeah lol. i forgot to mention that XD
Hmm... when you come out of the houses in Rosenut city, its like your coming out of a mart or PC.
:)

Oh, hell no XD

I knew I should have tested it for longer.

OK, everything will be fixed VERY soon. It's late, so I got to go now, but I'll start fixing everything first thing in the morning. Just remember to keep ignoring the bugs until the next update comes out!

I downloaded it and opened the game, I see a black screen for like 1 second and then it closes again. Do you need anything else but the demo for it?

Do you have a Mac? If so, that might be the reason.

Atomic Reactor

oh yeah man, I'm not worrying baout the SMALL bugs (except bastick -_-) they aren't messing up the game at all.

I wanna congratulate you and the team on a magnificent job well done :P

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
I downloaded it and opened the game, I see a black screen for like 1 second and then it closes again. Do you need anything else but the demo for it?
Same thing happened to me, I have Windows XP, do you need RPG Maker in order to play it or something?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Hey im trying to play the game but when i click it it comes up to a black screen and says, "RGSS102E.dll could not be found"
Im using Vista. Got any idea to what the problem is?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
yes the demo has finally been realease i'm going to download it now and houndoomed we will miss you when u leave

hey man i found a small glitch early in the game it's when you see a third sentret in the game when u run away a start walking ther is a pokeball right on the side of the screen but after a couple of seconds it went away i just wanted to see if anyone else experienced that

I had the same bug...

cool demo, but i have to wait till i come from work to play it more...

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Hey im trying to play the game but when i click it it comes up to a black screen and says, "RGSS102E.dll could not be found"
Im using Vista. Got any idea to what the problem is?
Download RMXP or the RTP or download mettallic silver it has RGSS102E.dll
because Flameguru put it there
anyway i'm downloading right now!
i'n gonna pick the fire starter (my favourite type)

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Nice demo you've got there!!
I saw a glitch with an attack sprite..
if your foe uses growl, the animation is like you use it..!
Don't think that's what you need, is it :P
PoKéMaKeR

Edit: If giovanni is talking to Maple, and you go instead of to them, to the lab, she's also in the lab :P
Edit(2): The event with team Rocket and Maple, you better look at that again, and do things that you'll normally don't do, because I caused a lot of glitches..
If you want to know everything.. just PM me I'll PM them back, I'm not quite in the mood to do alot of typing right now

Last edited:

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
I found a glitch. Everytime i go into the lab i keep getting another copy of my starter. I picked the grass starter.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I enjoyed the beta, mainly because of the new Pokémon, but I feel that it could have been much better. The new Pokémon were fantastic, but the maps, plot, and gameplay lacked any innovation. It was still very fun to play, though.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Huzzah! A beta. But all good things lead somewhere. Like the leaving of houndoomed and the taking over of this project by lorem ipsum.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I enjoyed the beta, mainly because of the new Pokémon, but I feel that it could have been much better. The new Pokémon were fantastic, but the maps, plot, and gameplay lacked any innovation. It was still very fun to play, though.

Well, the main point of this demo was actually only to give the player a taste of the storyline, and what's to come in the future :)

Those maps you saw were extremely old, such as Berrywood Town, Route 52, Selwood Forest and Lake Luxor, so we actually need a new and better mapper desperately, seeing as I won't be around to do the mapping anymore, even though I've improved a lot in the last while. Maybe I could quickly redo some of these maps before the update? Do you think that would that improve the demo by much?

There should be more features such as the PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant, a pun of PDA), a new menu system, custom graphics, custom tiles, better sprites as our spriter has gotten better since, new text boxes, improved maps and so on. All of that should come in the next demo, so it might take a while to do all of that stuff D:

One thing I'd like to know is why you didn't like the plot? I believe I was the first to come up with one like this in a Pokémon game, and then people started coming up with almost identical ones, so perhaps that's why it seems to be like other games. The plot does get very interesting after you go further on in the game, though.

Huzzah! A beta. But all good things lead somewhere. Like the leaving of houndoomed and the taking over of this project by lorem ipsum

Well, hopefully that shouldn't be a bad thing ;)

Oh, and keep those bug reporting coming, I need all of them to be fixed for the next update!

And I'd like to have some new, custom stuff for the next update, too, so you won't be bored. I may even decide to change the events around too, to be more exciting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Is it possible to make the screen bigger? or to choose the buttons... somehow

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Those maps you saw were extremely old, such as Berrywood Town, Route 52, Selwood Forest and Lake Luxor, so we actually need a new and better mapper desperately, seeing as I won't be around to do the mapping anymore, even though I've improved a lot in the last while. Maybe I could quickly redo some of these maps before the update? Do you think that would that improve the demo by much?

I think that mapping is one of a number of things that are important to a game.

There should be more features such as the PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant, a pun of PDA), a new menu system, custom graphics, custom tiles, better sprites as our spriter has gotten better since, new text boxes, improved maps and so on. All of that should come in the next demo, so it might take a while to do all of that stuff D:

I look forward to it. ^_^

One thing I'd like to know is why you didn't like the plot? I believe I was the first to come up with one like this in a Pokémon game, and then people started coming up with almost identical ones, so perhaps that's why it seems to be like other games. The plot does get very interesting after you go further on in the game, though.

One aspect of the plot that I liked was that Lance and Clair are the main characters. But somehow it didn't really compel me. It just felt like another Pokémon fan game. There wasn't enough novelty. But even so, it's what I want to play, the get-the-eight-badges quest... but something feels missing from the game.

I think this next update you talk about will improve upon a lot of the things missing in this demo.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Well, figured this was very important for you guys to know, so I'm posting it here...

Pokémon Scarlet is now undergoing some major changes. Some changes being made now are:

Slight event and plot change
Bug fixes
DP graphics by Kyledove (will be credited after everything is finished)
A D/P/P resolution screen
New D/P/P character sprites
D/P battle sytem
New and improved maps
A badge case, accessible from the menu
D/P/P sprites and textboxes
The PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant)

As you can see, Scarlet is being changed altogether. So we decided to make everything D/P/P style, so everything will be more modern. Needless to say, this will take a very long time, so there may not be any updates for a while.

We have also decided that instead of having the 'update' I was talking about, this instead should be the second demo. It all depends on whether everything goes successful. With luck, it will!

And since we are going to need new maps, I think we'll need a new mapper. So if you want to apply, just fill out this form:

Name:
Examples of Work:
Projects you have worked for:

I'd also appreciate if you have worked as a mapper on another project before, and know yourself you have skill. You will be notified whether you have made it or not by PM.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

If that's the case... I have a lot of custom sprite you may wanna use 0_o
Just PM me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back