• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Impact of OR/AS on trading

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
How do you think the release of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will influence the way we breed, collect, and trade Pokemon? What changes in Wi-Fi connectivity do you think will or wish for to happen? Any past features you would like to keep or be rid of? Discuss!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Truth be told, I'd like to see a return of those little emoticons we could show during a trade in Gen V. They were used as the equivalent of stuff like "thank you", "yes", "no", or "wrong Pokemon" and I always found those useful.

And to be honest, I always like to see a million boxes in my PC for a nice amount of storage space :D

However, I have a lot more random stuff that may or may not be reasonable in concerns to breeding.

‌• I wish Master and Cherish Balls passed on. I know it's unreasonable because of what they are, but they'd look very nice on certain Pokemon.
‌• New kinds of Poke Balls. That would super awesome as right now there isn't really any Ball that goes well with Brown and Purple Pokemon. Though I have to say, Smoke Ball and Light Ball look cool. Too bad they're items for other things though.
‌• More egg moves yes! Especially cool or weird ones. Or ones that are exclusive from Gen III and IV because I like doing weird combinations and stuff.
‌• Release the Hidden Abilities for the Johto and Unova starters! Then make all the starters catchable!

That's all for now o3 o

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Personally, I'd like pretty much everything Tabor said, but also different Pokemon being available for catching in Friend Safari would be really nice n_n It'd be nice to have a different three for OR/AS than XY.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't think they're going to introduce any major changes in terms of trading, breeding, etc., since we're in middle of a generation. When we're onto gen 7, though, I could definitely see some changes coming. :] Only thing different we might see in ORAS are graphics, and everything else would remain pretty much the same.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think at least they'll implement move tutors again, which can affect the sorts of Pokemon we'll get. Now since PokeBank has been introduced it hasn't been that big of a problem but if they bring back some of the older moves which could only be passed down with move tutors, it'll prove to be really helpful for some really nice Pokemon, Heat Wave/Nasty Plot/Boomburst Chatot... that's all I got off the top of my head but I'm sure there's a few more which will be helpful if Move Tutors make a comeback.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I, too, would like to see trade emoticons return and perhaps some simple messages such as "no", "something else!", "____ would like a ____-type Pokémon", "thank you!" etc.

I'd also like to see an addition to WonderTrade for gifting. So that I can send my spitbacks to people without receiving something in return.

Males passing ball-types and having a better chance to pass on HAs when bred with a ditto would be nice, too.

I'd like to see the GTS block requests for Legendary Pokémon when someone is offering a non-Legendary.

I'd also like to be able to view a 6-point graph showing IV potentials of an offered Pokémon in a trade; much like how EVs are displayed in the Super Training UI.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
I wish that they would be able to pull off something like being able to trade with friends even when they're not online at the moment. If they do something like that, trading on forums would be so much easier because timezones would no longer be a problem. Probably they could do something like GTS except the Pokemon is offered to only your friend. They would accept or deny your offer. If they accept, they would offer something in exchange which you have to agree to and if you do, you can pick up what they gave you and they can pick up what you gave them.

I would also like to see the return of "Waiting..." when one party decides to end the trade. Sometimes, the other party still wants to trade even if I don't want to anymore then I would have to flick off the Wifi switch because they have no idea that I ended it already.

A better way to communicate during trades would also be good especially with the PSS now where you can trade with random strangers. They should bring back the icons in Gen V.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
I wish that they would be able to pull off something like being able to trade with friends even when they're not online at the moment. If they do something like that, trading on forums would be so much easier because timezones would no longer be a problem. Probably they could do something like GTS except the Pokemon is offered to only your friend. They would accept or deny your offer. If they accept, they would offer something in exchange which you have to agree to and if you do, you can pick up what they gave you and they can pick up what you gave them.

Oh I would love this! Like a little holding bay where you can drop off and gift pokemon to people on your friends list for them to log on and find? I'm sure a lot of people would use a feature like this and it would also take care of the whole "missing you due to timezone" problem that you mentioned also.

Um I'm a simple man so:

• Roost, Outrage, Defog, E-Punch and Stealth Rock move tutors to make a comeback in ORAS just so some breeding chains aren't absolutely horrific to get (hi kalos born defog scizor)
  • Return of the Friend Safari, with HA Johto and Unova starters!
  • Some new ball types! Like Tabor mentioned, if you're a brown mon then you're...kinda out of luck when it comes to matching balls v.v
  • Lure Ball so I can finally have a Lure Ball Sheer Force Totodile and pretend to be Ash ingame
  • Some way of making IVs visible on the menu screen to deter all the "6V LEGEND" scams on GTS

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years

I would also like to see the return of "Waiting..." when one party decides to end the trade. Sometimes, the other party still wants to trade even if I don't want to anymore then I would have to flick off the Wifi switch because they have no idea that I ended it already.

A better way to communicate during trades would also be good especially with the PSS now where you can trade with random strangers. They should bring back the icons in Gen V.

I understand exactly what you mean. This is why I have like three or four different flabebe's named "No Thank You", "I Quit Trade" and "Hldon Srchin". I will just offer them up for a short second so that the other player can see it. I'd much rather be able to just quit trade, and the other person know.

Canen

Sometimes, I like to party.
Years
I, too, would like to see trade emoticons return and perhaps some simple messages such as "no", "something else!", "____ would like a ____-type Pokémon", "thank you!" etc.

I'd also like to see an addition to WonderTrade for gifting. So that I can send my spitbacks to people without receiving something in return.

Males passing ball-types and having a better chance to pass on HAs when bred with a ditto would be nice, too.

I'd like to see the GTS block requests for Legendary Pokémon when someone is offering a non-Legendary.

I'd also like to be able to view a 6-point graph showing IV potentials of an offered Pokémon in a trade; much like how EVs are displayed in the Super Training UI.

Agree with this completely. This is a feature that I feel is badly needed in the trading aspect of the series.

With regards to the core of trading, I don't expect much to change with OR/AS. In all honesty there probably isn't a need for change either.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Regarding Wonder Trade "gifting", Nintendo won't ever do that. There's a technical reason. If you have a full PC and a full party on top of it, where would a received Pokémon go?

Just send whatever you receive back into the forest. Esp. the Lv.2 Caterpies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I would just like to be able to see the Pokeball, and the Ability. I hate how many people put "Has HA" when it doesn't. (I I do not think people are always lying about it... I think some do not know).

Oh, and I would VERY much like the GTS to just block requests for Pokemon that can not be traded (Mew, Celebi, etc) OR just allow them to be traded.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would just like to be able to see the Pokeball, and the Ability. I hate how many people put "Has HA" when it doesn't. (I I do not think people are always lying about it... I think some do not know).
You know you can click "Summary" mid-trade, right? After you select Offer, and the other trader says Offer, you get the options, "Trade" (starts the trade), "Summary", and "Cancel". Clicking "Summary" brings up a window with your Pokémon highlighted; tap right and you see the info window as it would appear in the PC for the other Pokémon. There you can see the ability, and maybe the type of Poké Ball.

Try it next time!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
You know you can click "Summary" mid-trade, right? After you select Offer, and the other trader says Offer, you get the options, "Trade" (starts the trade), "Summary", and "Cancel". Clicking "Summary" brings up a window with your Pokémon highlighted; tap right and you see the info window as it would appear in the PC for the other Pokémon. There you can see the ability, and maybe the type of Poké Ball.

Try it next time!

I meant when trading over the GTS... Sorry. But thanks, that would have been helpful otherwise.

Back