• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which version?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Generation six of games had kicked off with two titles--Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Many of us were initially excited to see them announced, and bought a copy immediately as soon as they hit stores. Of these two, which one did we wind up getting first, and why? If one of these reasons is related to version-exclusives and whatnot, of all all exclusive Pokémon we have had in the game, which would we call our most favorite, and why? Also, if we were to incorporate more separate features to distinguish X and Y better, what kind of things would they be, and how would they be working?

Years
I got both versions in my case, but the one I played as my main version was X. Main reason was likely due to me preferring its version exclusives over Y's (or at least most of them) and also I liked Xerneas' design far better than Yveltal's.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I always get both lol actually i have 2 copies of each for multiple saves and challenges ;)

Another reason i get both is because i generally like boths version exclusives so i can trade them over and use all of the exclusives on 1 if i want. But my main adventure is on x because i liked xerneas over yveltal

Years
X's version exclusives > Y's
I regret my decision though, because it made blue such a boring color and made me buy Omega Ruby instead of Alpha Sapphire.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I went with X! Literally the only reason why I chose X is because I much prefer Xerneas's design to Yveltal's. I didn't look at any version exclusives between the games pre-release so that didn't factor into my decision at all.

Years
I got them both on the same day, but X is the one that I kept all my stuff on and did my main adventure through, because I like its exclusives - Xerneas included - more than Y's. And I too have two copies of both, but that one X has my longest save on any of them with over 300 hours, along with several 5 IV'd stuff.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I got X because I rather have a blue deerish Pokemon over Yveltal. I also prefer Mega Charizard X over Y since he has shiny Charizard's colouring and his design is better imo.

Tek

Years
Womens has XX chromosome, boys got XY chromosome.

Thus I purchased Y version... it was decided even before my birth.

blue

gucci
Years
Started off with Pokemon X on the release date, and after completing that in a week I got Pokemon Y the following week unintentionally. 8)

Back