• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it impossible to find friends on PC?

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
  • I really ask this question because I message people and they give me the (cold shoulder). I alway try to be nice, but no matter what I do here I feel unwelcome. I will still try, but it seems that it is hard to find a "crew of friends" here.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • I have a very hard time initiating conversations with people, or even just keeping them going without getting awkward or shitty. So it's a tad difficult for me to make friends 'round here.

srsly when i say hmu i mean it

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • It just seems like only the (mods or higher) get liked, similar to the popular kids in school or something. You know what I mean?

P.S I don't hate the mods or higher ups!

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I see what ya mean there, but that means guys like me get the short end of the stick.

Are there any good people here? I mean I am apparently at "the bottom of the barrel" here on PC because mods always seem to take away everyone and I can't find anyone to talk to? It can be a bit sad at times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirfetch’d

You cant get discouraged about this! We all feel this way when were are still somewhat new to the forums. Things are a bit intimidating, I get it. Just post around, quote people's posts, find people with similar interests and shoot them a VM! Don't worry of someone doesn't respond right away--they just might be a little busy. Visit places like the IRC or the battle server chatrooms! Those are great places to meet people haha. PC is probably the friendliest and most welcoming community I have ever been a part of. You are bound to make a ton of friends eventually. Just put yourself out there more (:

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
  • I think I got an idea, I'm gonna support the normal members.
    , non supporter mods etc. because someone needs to notice us and I want us to be noticed. Not a war against the higher ups lol. Just a calling card for us normal members.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Yeah I don't think randomly saying "hi" to people is gonna net you friends. It feels forced.

And I don't see why making yourself stand out in a forum is something that should matter lol. Who cares? Just post, man. Seriously you're better off not caring.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    -_- Honestly, attacking mods is not the best way to go about your problem. All that does is make them feel bad for nothing and they seem like genuinely nice people. Plus it doesn't make you seem like all that nice a person. What the guys above me said is pretty much what you need to do.
    I've been frequenting this site for about a month now, and my friends list isn't exactly huge, it took a while for me too; It doesn't help that I'm generally very distant anyway, but still the point stands.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I've found the PC is a very good place to make friends. You just... have to... well--You have to be good at that sort of thing, which applies ot any place you go. |D My advice is to skip the hi and go straight for a conversation point. Talk about mutual interests or something~

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Maybe you should post around in the threads and get yourself seen/heard more before you message people and expect them to reply. Personally I ignore people on the forums whom I do not know because it just seems very desperate and I only care about forging genuine friendships. PC has many opportunities for a member to find a "crew of friends". There are live chats (battle server etc), creative discussion forums for talented like-minded individuals (RPC, A&D, FF&W), and of course the Pokemon discussion forums. Really all you've to do is be yourself and you'll definitely find others of similar interests and hobbies.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    -_- Honestly, attacking mods is not the best way to go about your problem.
    He hasn't attacked mods, just that they get more recognized and appreciated, and honestly he isn't wrong. But it's not something you should concern yourself about.

For what it's worth, I've made really good friends on a forum that doesn't have a VM system or friends list just by posting and appreciating THEIR posts. Just post.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Speaking as an ex-mod, no, it actually does give you an easier time to make "friends", so to speak. It does matter, if you care. (But here's the problem, you shouldn't.)

That was the time where it was so easy to talk to a bunch of members here, but look where they all went? That bold blue name can give you a huge presence here, it's just how it is.

It's not about how many friends you have or how popular are. I don't have many close friends here, but I really appreciate those particular few, way over the many I had a few years ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i don't think it has anything to do with being a mod or a supporter, personally. yes, people with a higher status might get more recognition, but think about it...it's like that in real life too. does it really prevent you from making friends though? we're all just normal people, in the end.

hell, i'm not a supporter myself and would be considered a "normal" member as you say, but i've met some awesome people here. and it's not just my friends; everyone is nice and makes you feel at home here, even if you don't necessarily talk to them on a daily basis!

Lucid

After 10 years, I have a poodle and an ass hat. That's it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I guess it depends how you go about and who you click with. I've really never gone out of my way much to talk to other people here so I've only made a few friends, but if you keep at it people will open up to you and you'll find your niche. I think just from posting in certain areas over time people get to know you and may reach out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • To be honest, it can be hard. Try being autistic and lacking in social skills. It's not easy for me to approach someone unless I need help. I usually end up being the PC loner because I just can't seem to interact with others very well. I guess it's because I'm a lot like you, but I fear that if I try to talk to anyone here, I'll get the cold shoulder. Nothing is worse than getting the cold shoulder when you are just trying to be nice. :|

With that said though, you are welcome to talk to me. I'm generally a nice person. I just can't approach others to converse with them unless they do so with me first. :x I can't guarantee I'll respond right away. It often takes me a little while to think of what to say. XD

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm under the impression that it's all about attitude and presence. If you have a negative attitude about things, people aren't really going to want to talk to you. If you're having trouble making friends, just like the people above me have stated, find like minded individuals and talk about a common interest (Argonians are clearly the best race, by the way). I wouldn't say I have a lot of friends here, as I only regularly talk to a small handful of people, but they're people I share a lot of interests with, and that really helps when attempting to hold a conversation.

Also, I wouldn't say supporters are viewed higher than "normal" members. I'm not a supporter, and if they were favored, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be a part of higher staff.

Back