• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life Without Friends........?

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
  • Friend are the important part in our life.FriendShip helps the person to change its behaviour(good/bad) and helps a person to grow.Suppose if you don't have any friends?Do you Like it or not? how will you spend your Time?Do you think Is it really living then? You can Share any Thoughts and Views.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree, interactions with other people is what is important in life. I couldn't live completely alone. Even if physically being close to people for longer amounts of time might tire me, I am almost constantly talking to my online friends when I'm supposedly "alone". So I kind of really hate not having anybody to talk to haha.

Sirfetch’d

I have a lot of friends imo, though I don't really interact with my offline friends too often. At least not as often as most people probably do. I just easily get exhausted and my anxiety really makes going out with my friends more of a chore than something for fun. Though I spend a great amount of time talking with online friends, probably moreso than offline. I couldn't imagine life without either my online or offline friends though. I would be too lonely :(

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    No need to imagine, when it is reality. Not having friends means: no motivation to do anything, not doing anything, getting depressed, becoming cynical, getting less and less socially active, social skills get worse and worse, you start shutting yourself out of anything in rl and after a while online, being really bored, not getting any self confidence. Well at least there's enough videos on Youtube to watch, although you can't really call it a life anymore, that's for sure. Can one like such a state of no progression? Nope, but at least it's kinda survivable, otherwise I'd long since bit the dust. {XD}

Is it recommendable? Nope, and anyone who states otherwise hasn't experienced this state for long enough (I'm talking about years).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Communication is necessary, and I just saw a beautiful example on why. Even when you think you're alone, you can always count on a community.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't think I could survive. I might be autistic, but even I still need daily interactions with a friend or two. I would feel very lonely without a good friend to talk to. I'd be miserable. D:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    A life without friends isn't living man. No great experience in life is worth spending it alone.

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i have no said "friends" that i do stuff with irl. i only spend time with my boyfriend, family, and his friends. so i guess they're my friends..? i do talk to some people that i take classes with constantly.

Years
  • I can already kind of imagine it, since in real life there aren't too many people that I can just go talk to, or just go and do things with. It's mostly online where I talk to others. Although given my habits, I suppose that's not too bad - at least for one point, since I tend to spend my time doing things by myself anyway.

Now, having no friends whatsoever? The end result would scare me. Forget just finding stuff to do - once it hit me that I would have nobody to talk to, nobody to turn to if anything happened? Yeah, that's just asking for trouble there. I've had problems before with even just thinking that I had nobody; I don't even want to wonder about how bad it would be if I actually didn't have anybody.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'd probably just waste away on LoL all day. Not having any friends would be devastating, especially since I'm friends with a lot of people from work, so that would mean I got fired or something. I like having friends that I talk to constantly, and I don't want to live without that.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I don't even like to not go out every weekend with friends, nor do I like staying in all day every day for an extended period. I can't even imagine what life would be like for me if I didn't have the great friends I had. I consider myself Quite Lucky on that front. adding to that all the great online friends I've made / am still making and I'm fuckin' set.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    if you don't count online friends, i haven't had "true" friends in a long time. yes, i have people i can hang with at school but no one i would really call my friend. i think that's quite enough for me since i usually prefer going out alone, and when i have school/work i don't have that much time to do things with friends. besides, i don't like getting too close to people since i don't trust others so blindly nowadays.

i think i may need at least one friend i can count on and trust entirely at some point in my life, though. i just haven't found them yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I would probably go a little insane. There was a time in my life where I spent a summer totally secluded from everyone. The only people I really talked to was my family during this time. People say "I'm better off alone" and shit like that but honestly I think when you're left to your thoughts like that you start to think in ways that aren't necessary healthy and you sometimes become cynical.

I'm really thankful for my friends and I keep in touch with the majority of them everyday. My friends were really supportive and helped me break out of my shell and realize things about me that I wouldn't have if I had just stayed to myself. And in ways I've helped them with their own struggles. It's always good to have a real friend

Years
  • I will be sad, sure. Mostly, I spend my time hanging out with church mates and friends. My life would be so lonely if I have no friends :(

Yukari

Well I don't have any friends so life would prolly be the same for me. :P

Well... Okay there are some people I could call "Friends" but I really don't talk to most of them on a daily basis so I would probably just do all the stuff I normally do. :/

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Friends are the family you make for yourself! They're always on Team You, and are a huge source of love, support and joy. Having friends is important - you don't need to have a huge social circle, as long as you have at least one person you can spend time with and on whom you can rely.

I go through phases of introversion where I don't see many friends, but I'm always excited when we can finally catch up. I love and treasure my friends, and my life wouldn't be the same without them.

~Psychic

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A degree of contact with other people is necessary for one's sanity, I suppose. It doesn't have to be frequent, but it ought to be genuine and 'close'; love does a lot for people.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • God I wouldn't be able to survive life without friends. They're such a large part of my life and I absolutely hate being alone most of the time :s

Back