• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen IV OU] Tsvet's First try! RMT

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
Years
  • Pre-warning: English is not my main language.

So, here I am stepping out the Trade channel to join CBC, with a small difference between this topic and the popular ones: 4th Gen!
    Why? Most region tournaments here is played with DS "WiFi-plugged" to Wii, and there is not a Wii game that accept Black/White yet. :\
    Then, after reading and reading and reading, I'm gonna give a try!
    So, let's start!

At a glance...

135.gif
    149.gif
    376.gif
    385.gif
    472.gif
    068.gif

picture.php

[Weakness / Resistance Modifiers table provided by Marriland]

Firstly, I wanted to start picking a sweeper. A Special and fast sweeper. Why? Because then I can put one of my favorites into play. Being awesomely fast with a 398 Speed and a frightful 480 Special Attack when Specced at level 100, it can revenge kill or force a few switch-outs.

135.gif

I always reserve a spot on my team for a dragon, and usually it is Flygon who fill it. But now I want to try something different. Something old but still fearsome. Something that can threat Physical AND Special walls.

135.gif
    149.gif

Having a strong Special attacker and a Mixed attacker, I thought it was time to get a physical attacker. Tyranitar is a no-no, since his ability would not help me at all (and I don't like big green things with triangle-like holes in the neck...). So now I was divided between Metagross and Scizor; While Scizor have gorgeous momentum and a strong priority move, Metagross is begging to participate.

135.gif
    149.gif
    376.gif

I like set ups, but never find the right time to do them. So, as I want to try Metagross with Agility and other pokemon with boosting capacity AND want to keep my non-boosteds alive and kicking, I thought in using a Dual Screener, and Cresselia and Jirachi popped up immediately. Thinking in weakness and resistances, Dark-type moves always scare me. Cresselia, being a pure psychic, lost my favor, and even having a weakness to the super popular Earthquake, Jirachi take his place.

135.gif
    149.gif
    376.gif
    385.gif

Now, time to take a break. I am not sure if I NEED it, but I sure like (as my attackers) Stealth Rock. So I want to pick a SRer now. Giving a quick look to my team, I try to balance their weakness and resistances.

This is what I get:

picture.php

Ouch! Earthquake popularness is sure frightening my new team! I feel that I HAVE to seek a SRer with resistance or immunity to ground attacks. Bug and grass should be avoided, as I already have two weak to it.
    I can, however, go after a flying-type, since Metagross and Jirachi can eat a ice move or another.
    Swampert, my favorite SRer, would maybe add nothing for my team. Skarmory, a popular choice, would surely add something: another unwelcomed weakness to fire. Azelf and Aerodactyl is too frail to switch in anything, except EQ and Earth Power. Gliscor, however, seems to be able to get some hits, barring Ice or random good predicted Water-moves.
    So oh well, let's give this Ice-shard afraid pokemon a chance.

135.gif
    149.gif
    376.gif
    385.gif
    472.gif

And finally, after some pondering, I thought of Machamp as the final pokemon. He don't seems to be the glue this teams needs, but his coverage comes in good hands. Pun not intended.

135.gif
    149.gif
    376.gif
    385.gif
    472.gif
    068.gif

And now, the sets! [Smogon provided]

135.gif

Jolteon@Choice Specs
    Timid
    Volt Absorb
    [SpA 252 / SpD 6 / Spe 252]
    -Thunderbolt
    -Signal Beam
    -Hidden Power [Grass]
    -Shadow Ball

149.gif

Dragonite@Life Orb
    Lonely
    Inner Focus
    [Att 56 / SpA 252 / Spe 200]
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake / Aqua Tail / Heal Bell
    -Extremespeed

376.gif

Metagross@Life Orb
    Jolly
    Clear Body
    [HP 60 / Att 252 / Spe 196]
    -Agility
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderpunch

385.gif

Jirachi@Leftovers
    Careful
    Serene Grace
    [HP 252 / Def 100 / SpD 156]
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Wish
    -U-Turn

472.gif

Gliscor@Leftovers
    Jolly
    Sand Veil
    [HP 252 / Def 4 / Spe 252]
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Roost
    -U-Turn

068.gif

Machamp@Lum Berry
    Adamant
    No Guard
    [HP 252 / Att 128 / Spe 128]
    -Bulk Up
    -DynamicPunch
    -Payback
    -Ice Punch

No threat list provided since I lack the experience under my belt to build one. I had some problems like Skarmory and Gliscor, but rearranged the team already so Dragonite and Machamp can handle those.

So, please, Rate My Team and help me.
    Thank you very much {:

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
  • I'd actually run Superpower in the third slot on Dragonite over anything else. It nails Blissey and Tyranitar the hardest. Only Jirachi is getting hit harder by Earthquake. If you have Fire Blast TM then consider that over Flamethrower. Dragonite's SpA is a little above average and you'll need that power when you run into Bronzong or Celebi and the likes.

You also probably only need 216 Spe EVs on Gliscor to outspeed Jolly Lucario. Put the rest in Def to absorb other physical attacks a tad better. It has great resistances in Fighting, Ground (immune), and Bug. Swampert can annoying with Ice Beam and EQ to hit everything super effectively, but I'm sure you can play around that with Jolteon and Dragonite.

Erm.. I left Pokemon partway through DP (before there was Platinum!) and I'm sorta fishing for rates from my... nose. Nonetheless, good luck.

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
    Years
  • Thank you a lot, FlameHaze. {:
    I did change Gliscor EVs and it worked better, now that he is more bulkier (not really bulky, but bulkier).
    I'll try Superpower on Dragonite, but I'm kinda scared of WoW crippling me or just random Frozen. Until now I could predict Toxics so my steels could ignore it.
    Shoud I really run Superpower?

Back