• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water, Earth, Fire, Air ~ The ATLA & LOK Fanclub

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years
  • Username: Schleckenmiester
    Fav Element: Earth + metal bender
    Fav Char: Sokka or that other semi chubby funny guy from LOK
    Fav episode: Havn't watched this show in forever so I forget

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Username: countryemo
    Favorite Element: Water
    Favorite Character: Aang
    Favorite Episode: Either the Library episodes from Avatar, or the Wan storyline from Korra.

I really enjoyed Wan's storyline, I think it defiantly fit. I was engrosed the whole time watching it.

Bay

Years
  • What'd you think of Wan and the story behind him? Did you think it fit with the entire series and all?

Been a while for me also since I've watched, but I like it. The art style is nice and I think the storyline works.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Username: See left
    Favorite Character: Katara, Lin Beifong, Tenzin, Mako (he's hot; pun intended), Joo Dee (;])
    Favorite Episode: The Puppetmaster

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • forgotten the whole wan story to be honest
    all i have to say is
    he hot{XD}​

I kind of enjoyed the whole Wan story, granted, I don't think he's the most interesting avatar there has been. Since we saw the Lion Turtle (........is that what they were called??) take away bending from the Fire Lord, I'm glad we got to see them give the power out as well.

I really need to re-watch it because it has been so long I'm kind of fuzzy on all the details, but I remember enjoying it. I've always enjoyed the whole "balance" theme they've had going on in the series.
    Haha tbh i dont completely remember it either. But i really liked the lion turtles role in it since that kinda explains the signifigance of him in the ending of ATLA.

Username: Schleckenmiester
    Fav Element: Earth + metal bender
    Fav Char: Sokka or that other semi chubby funny guy from LOK
    Fav episode: Havn't watched this show in forever so I forget

Username: countryemo
    Favorite Character: Aang
    Favorite Episode: Either the Library episodes from Avatar, or the Wan storyline from Korra.

I really enjoyed Wan's storyline, I think it defiantly fit. I was engrosed the whole time watching it.

Username: See left
    Favorite Character: Katara, Lin Beifong, Tenzin, Mako (he's hot; pun intended), Joo Dee (;])
    Favorite Episode: The Puppetmaster

Welcome people! Ill add all of you to the op and put up a new topic :3 (and nice pun Harley haah)

So here is a big question, i mean atleast it is for me cause it took me awhile to answer, if you had the chance to be a bender what element would you likely bend?

Now this isnt a favorite element question its more like based off your personality what element would you probably bend :3 you can either think on it for like 3.2 seconds or something or you can take the playbuzz quiz which is obviously very accurate xD

http://www.playbuzz.com/jeremyr11/avatar-the-last-airbender-your-element

Winter

Years
  • Water, hands down. I love bloodbending and I have no scruples about using it to get what I want. I mean hello, wouldn't you wanna bend certain body parts of a man? ;)

Years
  • Hello, hello. I have a question I'd like to ask y'all. I'm trying to get someone to start watching, and I'm not sure where to start. At the first episode? I think they'd be more receptive to Korra, but I wonder if they'd miss a lot of things and/or spoil things that way?

Advice?

Bay

Years
  • So here is a big question, i mean atleast it is for me cause it took me awhile to answer, if you had the chance to be a bender what element would you likely bend?

I think I'll go with water bending since water tends to be my favorite element. I would be too scared to try out bloodbending though, haha.

Hello, hello. I have a question I'd like to ask y'all. I'm trying to get someone to start watching, and I'm not sure where to start. At the first episode? I think they'd be more receptive to Korra, but I wonder if they'd miss a lot of things and/or spoil things that way?

Advice?

I think your friend might be able to enjoy Korra without watching the first series, but a lot of the characters will be appearing so they might miss the references and not appreciate them as much. Probably it's better if they start at the beginning of the first series as there's a lot of world building and they'll enjoy the characters when they appear in Korra more.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hello, hello. I have a question I'd like to ask y'all. I'm trying to get someone to start watching, and I'm not sure where to start. At the first episode? I think they'd be more receptive to Korra, but I wonder if they'd miss a lot of things and/or spoil things that way?

Advice?
    Idk if it'll work the same for your friend, but when I was on the fence, the first episode my brother showed me was The Puppet Master (Hama and the intro to blood bending) and I thought it was great. Personally, I loved Book 1 and think it's a good starting point but I can understand the hesitance since the build is a little slow. I like Puppet Master because you got to see the morally ambiguous use of violence, it's kinda spooky, and it doesn't spoil any big plot points imo.

Another good one I think would be Avatar Day. Kyoshi popping up and saying "I killed Chin the Conqueror" is one of my fave moments. Idk, I'm probably being so biased and unhelpful so I'll stop rambling :'D

I mean, you could definitely start with Korra too, but they'll lose so many great references and they'll end up watching it again anyway after ATLA to revisit the references :P

So here is a big question, i mean atleast it is for me cause it took me awhile to answer, if you had the chance to be a bender what element would you likely bend?

I'm a fellow water bender, but I also think earth would be a lot of fun. Southern Water Tribe forever <3

Winter

Years
  • I'd suggest them to watch chronologically. Most of the worldbuilding is already established in The Last Airbender anyways.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Water, hands down. I love bloodbending and I have no scruples about using it to get what I want. I mean hello, wouldn't you wanna bend certain body parts of a man? ;)
    Omg i just cant haha. But ya bloodbending is cool as hell.

Advice?
    Usually I'd say start at the beginning with Book 1 of ATLA but if you think theyll be more receptive to Korra its likely that they might not last through all the building that is in Book 1. I mean dont get me wrong I love it but it just takes awhile to get the action going.

For me I didnt start at the beginning of the series though. So I'd suggest if you dont think they'll like all the building thats in book 1 you could start at some of the "best" episodes in the series.

I mean I loved the last 2 episodes in the first book of ATLA probably just cause of the action and everything but The Library and The Ember Island are also very good and shouldnt spoil too much. Atleast I think haha.

I think I'll go with water bending since water tends to be my favorite element. I would be too scared to try out bloodbending though, haha.

I think your friend might be able to enjoy Korra without watching the first series, but a lot of the characters will be appearing so they might miss the references and not appreciate them as much. Probably it's better if they start at the beginning of the first series as there's a lot of world building and they'll enjoy the characters when they appear in Korra more.

haha well Waterbending is pretty powerful on its own. Bloodbending just makes it like crazy powerul.
    Idk if it'll work the same for your friend, but when I was on the fence, the first episode my brother showed me was The Puppet Master (Hama and the intro to blood bending) and I thought it was great. Personally, I loved Book 1 and think it's a good starting point but I can understand the hesitance since the build is a little slow. I like Puppet Master because you got to see the morally ambiguous use of violence, it's kinda spooky, and it doesn't spoil any big plot points imo.

Another good one I think would be Avatar Day. Kyoshi popping up and saying "I killed Chin the Conqueror" is one of my fave moments. Idk, I'm probably being so biased and unhelpful so I'll stop rambling :'D

I mean, you could definitely start with Korra too, but they'll lose so many great references and they'll end up watching it again anyway after ATLA to revisit the references :P

I'm a fellow water bender, but I also think earth would be a lot of fun. Southern Water Tribe forever <3

Lots of waterbenders here :3

I mean for me I think I'd probably be either a waterbender or a firebender. And id love to be a firebender. Like comeon you can throw lightning at almost anything haha

This actually brings up a good topic. Like obviously we all know that there are the 4 main elements but theres also little sub elements or something? Idk how to explain them but i guess specialtys to each work. Anyways which is your favorite? Just to name a few theres Lightning Bending and Redirection, Bloodbending, Metalbending, Lavabending and a few others :3

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I would say my favorite sub-sections of bending would be blood bending and metal bending. I just remember thinking how horrifying the concept of blood bending was and I loved how they utilized it to show how much the war hurt Katara. The episode where she intentionally blood bends always makes me cry </3

Metal bending was one of those badass Toph moves and I love that her family can do it and that she has taught others as well. It seems really cool as a concept as well: being able to pick up on the little bits of metal within the earth and use it to your advantage. You go, Toph.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • like i mentioned before
    light bending

75b61983-9915-4256-aa76-a6fd263ea241.gif

boss.

most destructive and most beautiful​

Back