• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Skylocke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • So I talked about this idea with a friend. Which I liked so much that I figured that I should post this idea. They came up with this idea and I polished it. Anyways, so here is the idea.

So we all know about Nuzlocke's by now and how they work. However, I found that a regular nuzlocke was a little boring so we decided to come up with this idea. So a Skylocke is exactly what it sounds like. A nuzlocke where you can only use pokemon from Sky Battles. I aggred that this was a great idea.

So here are the rules of a Skylocke:

1. You may only catch the first Pokemon you see in the area unless Non-Flying or Levitate Clause says otherwise. (See Below)

2. When a Pokemon faints you must release it.

3. You must nickname the Pokemon you catch.

4. You may only catch and use the Whitelisted Pokemon. (See Below)

5. You may not use Blacklisted Moves. (See Below)

Whitelisted Pokemon:

So the Whitelisted Pokemon are mostly the same as Sky Battles with some exceptions and any banned Levitate or Flying Pokemon is now allowed.

Flying Types:

So this is self-explanatory any Flying Pokemon is allowed. Any Mega that loses the flying type is allowed.

Levitate Pokemon:

Also self-explanatory any Pokemon with the Levitate ability are allowed. Any Mega that loses Levitate is allowed.

Pokemon with Fly:

This is a little more complicated. Yes, if they learn Fly you can catch them. However, you HAVE to teach them Fly immediately after catching them. If you don't have HM Fly you can't catch them. If they forget it they must be released.

Pokemon with Balloons:

This is also complicated. This is NOT to be confused with the Air Balloon. You get 2 balloons one will go on your starter and the other is for you to decide. The balloon will take an item slot. If you remove the Balloon from it and it meets one of the conditions above it will be fine otherwise you will have to release it. Also, if the pokemon holding the balloon faints. The balloon is pop-ed and can't be used on another pokemon. Also, any pokemon over 500 pounds can't use the balloon.

Non-Flying or Levitate Clause:

Any pokemon that do not meet the first 2 conditions can be skipped as many times as you want. Even if you have the balloon or HM Fly. However, if you do this you can only catch Flying or Levitating Pokemon and can't catch the balloon or HM Fly Pokemon in that area anymore.

Blacklisted Moves:

This is a list of all the moves that you can't use.

Body Slam
    Bulldoze
    Dig
    Dive
    Earth Power
    Earthquake
    Electric Terrain
    Fissure
    Fire Pledge
    Flying Press
    Frenzy Plant
    Geomancy
    Grass Knot
    Grass Pledge
    Grass Terrain
    Gravity
    Heat Crash
    Heavy Slam
    Ingrain
    Land's Wrath
    Magnitude
    Mat Block
    Misty Terrain
    Mud Spout
    Muddy Water
    Rototiller
    Seismic Toss
    Slam
    Smack Down
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    Stomp
    Subsitute
    Surf
    Toxic Spikes
    Water Pledge
    Water Sport

Metagame:
    I would like to note that this would seem to be a cool metagame as well if we change 2 balloons to 1. The reason for this is cause the regular Sky Battles metagame is a mess. (IMO plz don't kill me) This is why I added Stealth Rock to the list. I would like to see how something like that works out.

So, this is the idea that me and my friend came up with and I think that this would be a cool idea. Please leave suggestions to help improve this idea. Anyways, I hope people have fun with this.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Please remake your thread in the Challenges forum. Be sure to read the rules there, as they have thread approval.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back