• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first video game you ever played?

Years
  • My older sister had an NES with Super Mario Bros, and according to my mom, I played it ever since I was old enough to hold the controller. :P

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I think it was some baseball game on the GBC or The Dalmatians on PS1. Can't really remember.

Sirfetch’d

I think my first one was either my Pokemon Blue version or a really crappy N64 game called Beetle Adventure Racing. I recall getting both around the same time but can't remember which was first D:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Probably either Donkey Kong Country or Ms PacMan. Idk. I've been playing video games for longer than I remember.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Lego Racers on PC. That was my first racing game, and what got me into video games completely. It was frustrating, but Lego made my childhood. You could say it was 'built' from Lego AHA.

Years
  • I'm not 100% certain, but the first game I have any recollection of playing was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Genesis. Funny enough, Sonic 2's still my favorite game to this day, despite being close to 25 years old at this point.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • My earliest memory of playing a game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as well. The only thing I remember from that time was that we rented a game system when you could do that, and I only vividly remember playing one of the special stages. I would a few years later receive a Genesis that came with the game of my own.

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    I'd have to go with Mario Kart 64. I remember the trauma and fatigue I endured of mashing in any button I could to make it move. 'Til this day I still feel the odd anxiety when I see Princess Peach.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Yeah, if I recall correctly, the first I ever played was Sonic The Hedgehog 2, on the good ol' SEGA ;) - I remember the little black box on the floor!! Tee hee :P
    Used to love the Special Stages, and always wanted to play as Tails! Loved that little guy - actually I still do ^_^
    HATED the Chemical Zone!!! When you'd be speeding along, and you made the accidental drop into the dreaded pink water (?) And you would get into a mad panic trying to jump back out of it, before your air ran out...and then you hear the creepy music, counting down your seconds...o_O

Years
  • The first video I ever played was one with a team of Knights with color coding. Stupid 6 y/o me thought it was Power Rangers, and I was such a fan of it :/

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    It was toxic checmicals. Chemical Plant Zone gave me some troubles too. There are a few areas where if you get caught it's damn near impossible to escape.

It never gave me too much trouble, I don't know what everyone else is talking about. Then again you can just completely skip that one section, which I intend to show off when I eventually LP the game.

My first videogame was some shitty bootleg NES game, I'm pretty sure. When I was ~3 years old my grandparents had one of those pirated NES ripoffs and I played one of those with my uncle, who was like 9 years old at the time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I'm pretty sure my first game was Wolfenstein 3D... I never managed to beat that game as a kid, and even now that I'm an adult I still find it rather difficult.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen stick out in my mind as some of the first games that I played. I know I played some old DOS games before that, but I honestly can't remember what they were, and those two are the first ones that really stand out in my mind.

I know I played stuff like Mario and Star Fox at friends' houses too, but at home I only had a PC until I got my Game Boy Color and N64 in...I think 1999?

Back