• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's new? What's popular?

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
Years
  • Hello all.

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to make such a topic, but I was hoping a few of you could help me out :)

I've spent a considerable amount of time away from the Competitive Battling scene for quite a bit, it's been a bit over a year, but am now looking to get back into things this year (VGC regional's for starters.) I'm basically wondering what teams for doubles are popular at the moment, how they generally work, as well as what new teams may have come up recently? If anyone cares to even briefly fill me in, that would be awesome!

Feel free to let me know what you've been playing and how it's been working out for you, I'd love to hear what other people are running, might help me get my creative juices flowing. My play-style of choice is usually aggro. So if there are any popular aggro teams out there, I'd love to know about em!

Years
  • I don't play VGC so I can't really tell you from first hand experience, but on pokemon PGL, they have a list of the most common pokes used on double battles and the most common pokes to counter those, so that can give you an idea.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh yeah I forgot about that thing they have. This be the link:

http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/oras/#double

Clicking on the individual Pokemon on the list gives you a detailed breakdown of it's commonly used moves, abilities, natures, as well as what's commonly paired with it and what Pokmon people often defeat it with.

Back