• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Rain most certainly is calming - huge bouts of thunder however? I prefer the phrase 'OH MY GOD WE'RE GOING TO DIE' than calming as you contemplate whether the windows will shatter around you and cover you in thousands of shards of glass, but everyone has different tastes I guess. ;D

You have ruined thunderstorms for me, Alex </3. But yeah really bad thunderstorms can be scary, however I still am able to sleep better though them for some reason.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It rains a lot here, but we rarely get any thunderstorms. I'm actually quite glad about that, because thunderstorms scare me. I'm afraid of the noises they make, and I'm ten times more afraid of the intense wind. The kind of wind that shake the windows and doors. Whenever that happens, it always feels like my house is possessed by ghosts, for some reason. xD"

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

It rains a lot here, but we rarely get any thunderstorms. I'm actually quite glad about that, because thunderstorms scare me. I'm afraid of the noises they make, and I'm ten times more afraid of the intense wind. The kind of wind that shake the windows and doors. Whenever that happens, it always feels like my house is possessed by ghosts, for some reason. xD"

Wind is definitely the scariest part of storms. We occasionally have a hurricane here and the wind can be devastating at times, especially when it starts to make a howling noise.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Speaking of thunderstorms, my dad was supposed to fly out from Louisville back to Las Vegas earlier tonight and two of his flights got cancelled due to the monsoonal weather over there. He's still stuck over at Louisville and has to wait till tomorrow afternoon to *try* to get on another flight. That's just awful for him tbh.

In terms of thunderstorms in general, I absolutely love them tbh!

Sirfetch’d

Ohhh sorry to hear that, Megan :( Delays are one of the downsides to thunderstorms unfortunately.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Yeah, unfortunately that's the downside when it comes to traveling for business. You'll never know what to expect when it comes to flights. :(

Ah, that storm from Vegas I was talking about...we're seeing a few of those effects here right now. Wooooo. *opens window*

Sirfetch’d

Ooo lucky! It is so awkwardly quiet here right now a thunderstorm would be really nice!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am afraid of thunder and lightning :B I still think it's majorly cool, but I get kind of nervous and can't sit still as soon as a thunderstorm starts. Dangerous things seldom happen from them here though. We don't have really strong storms and stuff, and lightning doesn't often strike somewhere harmful.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since I live in the desert, most thunderstorms get really harsh. And we have more storms coming in tomorrow so there's something to look forward to :3

Sirfetch’d

Storms are bad here in Alabama because of all of the moisture that comes from the Gulf. Tomorrow we have an 80% chance of thunderstorms so I expect it to get kinda rough for a bit.

Years
  • Storms are everyday and common here Florida (well, duh).. but on Saturday we had another one of those storms with lightning just striking above and around my house again.. TV service went out and I had to get off the computer just to make myself safe.

Ironically though my power did flash twice Saturday, but both times were not during this storm.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't imagine living in a land where natural disasters such as storms strike commonly. My country is just so safe and non-eventful. Which I like :p

Also look Zach, we're both flamy now~

Years
  • Yay! Flame partners~ n_n

Anyways, I hope I just really didn't catch a cold or anything.. last night I had a sore throat but that resolved with some sleep. Now this morning it's trying to come back and my nose has been stuffy. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tea. Tea helps. With, like, everything. It cheers you up, makes you warm and calm, tastes good (if you don't have nasty tea of course) and it's probably healthy in some way too.

Coffee is more my thing, but even I don't deny the greatness of tea.

Years
  • Gah >.< too bad the only type of tea in my household is the sugar kind.. and my parents do not like brewed tea nor hot tea, so those kinda eliminate my options..

But I'll talk to them and consider sugar-free tea.. we had sugar-free tea in the house with those Crystal light packets that you pour into a water bottle and mix up, but I ran through those quickly :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There is... sugar tea? How does that even work. You mean some bottled kind?

I only have hot tea. I boil water and put a teabag in. Or sometimes use this little tea-thingy of metal don't know what it's called in English where you scoop up some loose tea and dip it into the water for a while. Usually smells even better than the bagged tea :3

Years
  • Oh my gosh if you came to America sugar tea is all that many of us drink (if you want tea that is), and it's iced most of the time too..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back