• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite battle format?

What's your favourite battle format?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I made this thread ages ago. Singles won by far, Doubles got a decent amount, Rotations got one vote and Triples got none :O. I want to see if opinion's have changed now that there's some new people and there's been time.

My favourite is Doubles, I just find it so fun because it's less about switching out and more about team support and knowing who should do what and when. You can have some really nice strategy in Doubles.

My least favourite at the moment is Rotation Battles for some reason. I just don't find them that fun, the concept isn't very interesting to me.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • ^ Still doubles, been forced to play more singles because a few friends insist, but it seems to only highlight the problems with it further :0 instead of a crit being a setback, it can completely erase your entire turn. Same with flinch. Instead of stopping one move, flinch stops your whole turn. Abuse of any aspect is also magnified when there's only one pokemon on each side of the field. :[ Okay done complaining hue.

Years
  • I generally prefer singles, I don't know why exactly but I tend to enjoy the types of strategy found in single battles more than in others. I don't mind doubles and I have been meaning to get into them more though.

I'm less fond of Triple and Rotation Battles. I feel like Triple Battles are really just trying too hard, it's like overkill on doubles. Rotation Battles are kind of irritating and gimmicky though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'm personally most fond of Singles and Triples.
    Singles keep things pure and basic, which is always nice.
    Triples are interesting, with the ability to only hit those adjacent to yourself. It's frustrating in some ways, but I think that's the fun of it.
    I don't dislike doubles, but I don't like them nearly as much as triples. Whilst they do have the same element of 'pick one' this is too easily overriden with moves like Swift, Surf and Eathquake (in the right circumstances). Triple limits the reach of such moves, adding a lot of interest to the battle.
    Rotations just seem silly to me. It's kind of difficult to plan for if you're not playing against another human player who has a good idea what they're doing (which I rarely do).

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I like only singles as singles are easy to win and i enjoy the strategy of singles.:)
    i dont like doubles nor triples as some move also damage our partner pokemon health (ex-: earthquake) :(

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    i personaly like doubles because they make use of a good 1/4 of combo moves in the game. there's also a lot more room for counter moves and counter-counter moves, where in single battles the RGN is too decisive in the battle, turning lots of people away.

Back