• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team

Years
  • Snorlax
    Brave
    Leftovers
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Sleep talk
    Yawn
    Ev in hp and attack

Dragonite
    Sassy
    Draco Plate
    Flamethrower
    ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Outrage
    Ev in attack and special attack

Zapdos
    lax
    magnet
    Thunder
    Drill Peck
    Detect
    Thunderwave
    Ev in Special attack and defense

Leafeon
    Jolly
    need help on item
    Gigga Drain
    Leaf Blade
    Grass Whistle
    Quick attack
    Ev in Defense and Speed

Scizor
    Docile
    need help on item
    X-scissor
    Slash
    Steel Wing
    Aerial Ace
    Ev attack and defense

I will be trading for a kingdra later today. Don't know Nature
    Item: open to suggestion
    Potential moveset
    Rain dance
    Surf
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Dance
    Plan to ev speed and special attack

After my ingame team I decided on this one. It's still rough thats why I came here.

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Okay, lets see what I can do. First off, tell us how much Ev's are in each stat next time but for the purpose of this, Im assuming since you have two stats, that their both max and a random one somewhere.

Secondly, can you give us some kind of direction ? Maybe some sort of strategy that you came up with and who you're trying to 'setup' ^^

With these, I can prolly help you :x

Years
  • I just maxed out two stats. I wanted to stall with Snorlax then use a combonation of defense power and speed for a well balanced team.

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Well for starters you seem to have no idea what natures are doing for your pokes and how to pick the right one. take leafeon. its nature is jolly, which boosts speed at the cost of hindering special attack, which is a fairly good nature since leafeon's special attack stat is pretty blah. however, you have both leaf blade, a physical move and giga drain, a special move. having two direct attacks of the same type is a waste of a move slot. if you're trying to go for a recovery move, synthesis is a much more effective and to the point choice. the biggest thing you can do for pokes is decide whether they're physical attackers or special attackers. investing in both is a waste of precious evs you could've used on a much more needing stat.

this is all basic advice i know from experience, i can't help you with any of the others since i've never trained any of them. here's a link to an index of natures that might help you out. and piece of advice - making female pokes hold everstones and the ability synchronize are both gifts from gamefreak here.

http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I just maxed out two stats. I wanted to stall with Snorlax then use a combonation of defense power and speed for a well balanced team.

Snorlax can't stall by itself (unless its D_A using it).

Also, Leafeon wants physical attacks (Leaf Blade, Return, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, moves like that for example) because a base 110 Attack stat is too good to waste.

You want Scizor to have more EVs in HP over Def, I'm pretty sure (D_A will correct me otherwise) and use Bug Bite >> X-Scissor for Technician boost (if it has technician, otherwise re-breed and start again). Put Bullet Punch >> Steel Wing, for priority. Drop Slash for Superpower or Brick Break or something along those lines.

Kingdra looks fine, but put Waterfall >> Surf and put Outrage >> Draco Meteor, or if you keep special attacks, drop Dragon Dance for Ice Beam.

Tbh, though, you can't just slap 2 stats at max on 6 pokemon slap em together, give 'em some moves and some items and call it a team.

Years
  • Thanks guys! and yeah I don't know much about natures, but I have volume 2 Diamond and pearl guide, so I'll take a look.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • you have dragon dance on Kingdra,
    but all of your moves are special!
    and kingdra has swift swim, so you want the rain dance set ;) .

Kingdra @ Leftovers (i'll give leftovers too :) )/Damp Rock
    Swift Swim. Relaxed.
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    EV 252Atk/192SpAtk/64Spd

With Rain Dance + Swift Swim, Kingdra has plenty of synergy with alot of speed and 50% more power on your STAB water moves. waterfall will be your main move (STAB),
    surf for special STAB. Draco Meteor to hurt water resistant types, or D Pulse for consistent attacks. as for an item, leftovers for recovery or a Damp Rock if you want Scizor and Leafon to benefit from fire weakness :) .

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Okay, your strategy is to stall the beginning with lax on a balanced team O_O.

This is perfectly viable to use with semi stall ish or bulky offense :x For my rate, Ill just help you for the team style of bulky offense but Ill list stall pokemon (just in case ;D).

So first you need spikes of any form to help your lax stall. Stealth Rock and Spikes instantly come to mind so you might want Metagross (bulky offense) or something like Forretress (stall). Metagross can set up Stealth Rock while Forretress can set up both spikes and SR. Other options include Skarmory (stall) and/or Blissey (also stall) for the infamous BlissSkarm ! I highly suggest Metagross to set-up your SR nice and early on and come up for later (:

Next you need a viable set for lax, something like DA's Whirlwind lax could be viable for stall but curselax could work as well. Standard sets for lax can be found [http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/snorlax]here.[/url] So for a standard curselax set, it'd be along the lines of ~

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Immunity / Thick fat
    168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD
    Careful Nature
    > Curse
    > Body Slam / Return
    > Rest / Self Destruct
    > Earthquake / Crunch / Fire Punch

Of course, your Scizor could be replaced for the standard CB Scizor :x Now we have a scizor that can support your team by scouting and revenge if neccessary. He's also a real team player with Brick Break if you choose to play it and a technician Pursuit isn't bad either.

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    > Bullet Punch
    > U-turn
    > Pursuit
    > Superpower / Brick Break

So now that you've scouted for poteintal problems for Snorlax, you need to lure them out again or predict them in again and kill them \o/ I don't know if it works or not, but your Zapdos could be a possible 'lure' for stuff such as Swampert and/or Celebi looking to switch in to Thunderbolt and you can hit them with HP Grass and Heat Wave respectively.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
    Bold Nature
    > Thunderbolt
    > HP Grass
    > Heat Wave
    > Roost

So I suggest :-
    CB Scizor > Current Scizor
    Curselax > Current lax
    Metagross > Kingdra ( Put this in the leading position ;D )
    Standard Zap > Your Zap

So I guess that's all I can do for now seeing how unreliable this computer is, if somebody comes by and tells you to totally disregard this and he/she clearly know what she/he is doing, then by all means, disregard but these are just possible suggestion.

Good Luck ? I guess lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Snorlax
    Adamant (+ Atk / - SpA)
    Leftovers
    Body Slam
    Rest
    Sleep talk
    Yawn
    Ev in hp and attack

Eh looks fine I guess, just use Adamant since Snorlax isn't using its SpA anyway so why hinder its Speed?

Dragonite
    Sassy
    Draco Plate
    Flamethrower
    ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Outrage
    Ev in attack and special attack

This is really slow without Speed EVs, making you vunerable to Suicune, Tyranitar, Scizor (though it will most likely be using Bullet Punch when vs Nite), no Speed Celebi, no Speed Jirachi, no Zapdos, Agility Metagross, etc. Either way, this is outclassed completely by Salamence:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
    Nature: Naive (+ Speed / - SpD)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage / Brick Break

I'm pretty sure that is the standard EV spread...but you can take away SpA EVs and add more to Atk if you want to. Draco Meteor for STAB and basically hits like a truck, Fire Blast for Steels like Skarm, Scizor, etc, Earthquake hits Steels that Fire Blast can't hurt like Heatran, Outrage acts as a late game move when everything has weakened, where as Brick Break is good for Blissey and TTar.

Zapdos
    Bold (+ Def / - Atk)
    Leftovers
    Thunderbolt
    Heat Wave
    Roost
    Thunderwave
    Ev in 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Speed

Zapdos is doing too much on this set to be effective, either use a defensive set or offensive. First off, use Heat Wave instead of Drill Peck, since you want to utilize Zapdos' higher offensive stat, and it hits everything that Drill Peck does damage except it deals more to Steels like Lucario as well as hitting standard Celebi's weaker defense stat (and to a lesser extent it gets Weavile, Mamoswine, etc on the switch). By doing this, you can now run Bold nature since you're no longer using any physical attacks, and this doesn't hinder you Special Defense which you need sometimes. Thunderbolt > Thunder since it is more reliable (Thunder misses all the time), while Protect should be used instead of Detect because they do the same thing except Protect has more PP (which is useful for stalling) buuuut Zapdos needs a recovery move if it's going to be defensive, so use Roost instead of Protect. Leftovers helps heal Stealth Rock damage as well as lowers the risk of being KOed by stuff. You should always put EVs in HP before adding to Defense unless you're using something like Vaporeon or Blissey which has a higher HP stat. Basically, EV in the Pokemon's weaker stat. Also, use 248 HP EVs so you take less from SR, and you might want to use 32 Speed EVs to outrun Tyranitar so you can KO it (at low health of course) before it does anything to you.

You can also use an offensive Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
    Nature: Timid (+ Speed / - Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
    - Roost

Thunderbolt for obvious STAB, Heat Wave deals damage to Steels, Grass-types, etc, HP Ice is for Dragons such as Mence, Latias, Flygon, etc and Ground-types like Gliscor, where as HP Grass is good for Swampert, and finally Roost is for recovering yourself after switching too much into SR and the like, in short a filler since you have good coverage already. Maxed out Speed and used Timid because it helps speed tie with +nature base 100s like Naive Mence. Life Orb is to power up moves, but Leftovers is another option to stay bulky.

Leafeon
    Impish (+ Def / - SpA)
    Leftovers
    Wish / Synthesis
    Leaf Blade
    Protect / Yawn
    Quick attack / Roar
    Ev in HP and Speed

Like what you're doing with Zapdos...too much going on since it is trying to be a sweeper with defensive moves? And from what I said about Zapdos, ALWAYS EV in the lower stat first. Don't use Giga Drain with a hindering nature since you're trying to heal yourself and when you do low damage you won't get much in return. Even then, Leafeon has much better healing options to choose from such as Wish (preferable if you use Protect with it) or Synthesis. Downside of Synthesis is that TTar is currently the top #2 used Pokemon currently, so you'll be healing yourself by 25% instead of 50% which is pretty poor. GrassWhistle doesn't work well because 1, you have Yawn on Snorlax which the purpose of that is to make the opponent switch in fear of being sleep induced, but when you already put something to sleep with Leafeon, Sleep Clause activates and you can no longer force switches with Snorlax because of Sleep Clause. 2, GrassWhistle's accuracy is very poor, so it's a mediocre choice. Protect should be used over it if you have plans on using Wish, Yawn is another option (but like I said the opponent could get smart and sacrifice a Pokemon to put to sleep, so Snorlax can't function his strategy). Last slot...well I don't know what to put here since Leafeon has a poor movepool, though you could use Roar > Quick Attack, but priority is nice. Imo Impish would work best since Lucario doesn't run Jolly commonly anyway. Lastly, use Leftovers as this is a wall, it helps lower the chances of being KOed by stuff, and helps you wall more in general.

You can also use an offensive Leafeon (though it gets mediocre coverage in OU):

Leafeon @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    Nature: Jolly (+ Speed / - SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Return
    - Quick Attack / Synthesis

Set up an SD and sweep hopefully, Leaf Blade for STAB, Return since its Leafeon's best move to use for coverage against Fire-types and the like, Quick Attack for the priority, while Synthesis is another option to stay bulky, but like I said earlier this doesn't work well with TTar everywhere...

Scizor
    Adamant (+ Atk / - SpA)
    Choice Band
    U-turn
    Superpower
    Bullet Punch
    Pursuit / Double Hit / Quick Attack
    Ev attack and 248 HP / 8 Speed

Adamant should be used instead of Docile, since you're not using your SpA so there's no reason in using Docile. Choice Band should be used so you can act as a revenge killer, a powerful scouter, etc. U-turn > X-Scissor because U-turn helps scout for switches. Superpower has superior coverage compared to Slash as it hits Heatran and Magnezone, which is very important. Bullet Punch > Steel Wing for priority (which helps a huge amount) and you only lose 15 base power. Pursuit or Double Hit > Aerial Ace, as Pursuit helps with switching Gengar and the like, while Double Hit helps 2HKO Gyara after SR and Intimidate factored (it also helps with Zapdos). Quick Attack is yet another option for dealing more to Infernape, Jolteon, Gyarados, Starmie, etc. And like I said earlier invest in HP before Defense since his Defense is lower and it helps with specially based attacks. 248 EVs is used to help lower SR damage, while 8 Speed EVs are leftover and help outrun 4 Speed Vaporeon.

I will be trading for a kingdra later today. Adamant (+ Atk / - SpA)
    Item: Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Potential moveset
    Rain dance
    Waterfall
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance
    Plan to ev 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Speed

I don't understand why you're using special moves with Dragon Dance...use Waterfall and Outrage as your moves to take advantage of the + Atk boost. Leftovers to stay bulky and let you set up, where as Lum helps with status and Toxic Spikes. Adamant is obvious, and the EVs allow you to outrun bulky Gyara, Adamant TTar, base 100s after a DD, and neutral natured Scarf base 100s. The rest is put into HP for survivability.

After my ingame team I decided on this one. It's still rough thats why I came here.
    Comments in bold ↑, be back later to help with other issues if I'm not too busy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I Improved my Leafeon.

It knows
    Return
    Leaf Blade
    X-Scissor
    Synthesis

Kingdra now knows
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Rain Dance
    Twister(I will either learn Draco Meteor when it becomes friendly because i just got it in a trade or learn Dragon Pulse at level 57).

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • if you wanna test your team out i'd be glad to help :) .
    ....i dont know why i didnt PM you..

Years
  • More changes
    I am replacing scizor with skarmory. Still have to catch it.

Also replacing Dragonite with Espeon
    Hardy
    item: Don't know. still have to research.
    Signal beam
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Quick attack(I'll change this eventually. Maybe Dark Pulse?)
    Ev in speed and special attack

Back