• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Hey I'm working on a hack for Pokemon Sapphire and I'm having some problems. The script works fine except when he's supposed to move toward you and sends you back. Here is my script:
Spoiler:

The script's var number is already 5240 so that isn't it.

tyhone

Good Mapper and Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
Game: Fire Red
Hack name: Pokemon Malachite
Event: Person (givepokemon)
Editor: Notepad

Spoiler:

Could sombody help me please. I would like it so after the "givepokemon" the sprite disapears. I cant get it to work.
Also if I select yes, I can walk around but the message is still on my screen, and it dosent give me the pokemon.
Could somebody please help me?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Game: Fire Red
Hack name: Pokemon Malachite
Event: Person (givepokemon)
Editor: Notepad

Spoiler:

Could sombody help me please. I would like it so after the "givepokemon" the sprite disapears. I cant get it to work.
Also if I select yes, I can walk around but the message is still on my screen, and it dosent give me the pokemon.
Could somebody please help me?

You need a Hidden ID for it to work.

If it dissapears whether you choose it or not, the Hidden ID on a Pokeball would suit you.

If it dissapears only if you take it, then you'll need some more profound scripting.

As for the message box, you may need a "closeonkeypress" command after the last box.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
How do you customize the Pokedex? The order, the Pokemon's info (What type of Pokemon [ex. the Bulb Pokemon or the Iron Armor Pokemon] and their description) ect.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Here is a script for my hack. Basically its the player walking up to a Doduo and commenting on how happy it looks.

#dynamic 0x8001CC
#org 0x2D5320
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end
#org @1
= Doduo!\n Danny seems happy today.

Does it not work or what is the problem with your script?

How do you customize the Pokedex? The order, the Pokemon's info (What type of Pokemon [ex. the Bulb Pokemon or the Iron Armor Pokemon] and their description) ect.

Please ask in the simple questions thread. This thread is for script help only.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i must really suck at scripting
anyway, the point is, the guy talks to the player and gives him an item. what is wrong with it?

'---------------
#org 0x32929A
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x83292B3 MSG_SIGN '"Congratulations for finishing this..."
giveitem 0xC5 0x1 0x3
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3292B3
= Congratulations for finishing this\nvery easy puzzle! I think you\ldeserve a reward for what you did\lso here: an item to make your\lPokémon grow faster.

i tried without 0x3 in the giveitem line but it wouldnt let me

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i must really suck at scripting
anyway, the point is, the guy talks to the player and gives him an item. what is wrong with it?

'---------------
#org 0x32929A
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x83292B3 MSG_SIGN '"Congratulations for finishing this..."
giveitem 0xC5 0x1 0x0
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3292B3
= Congratulations for finishing this\nvery easy puzzle! I think you\ldeserve a reward for what you did\lso here: an item to make your\lPokémon grow faster.

i tried without 0x3 in the giveitem line but it wouldnt let me
You want to replace 0x3 with 0x0, that will make it work.
(The game will say [Player] obtained a Lucky Egg, and all that jazz about putting it in the bag, if you DON'T want this to happen, you need to use the additem command and completly remove the 0x0 I told you to use... Changes in the quote! in BOLD RED!

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016

That's not a script question, but look up YAPE for that kind of stuff.

Now can somebody help me with my script?

Hey I'm working on a hack for Pokemon Sapphire and I'm having some problems. The script works fine except when he's supposed to move toward you and sends you back. Here is my script:
Spoiler:

The script's var number is already 5240 so that isn't it.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Now can somebody help me with my script?

You forgot 0x in front of every flag command.
Changes in BOLD RED!

Spoiler:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
The problem is not making NEW pokemon, the problem is having the pokedex read all of these new pokemon.
As of yet, only 24 new pokemon can be added to any pokemon game, without replacing old ones, and even still, the pokedex data for them is unreadable...

Ok, fair enough, I can't add many Pokemon. But can anyone still tell me what the script offsets that define stuff like items and Pokemon are?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ok, fair enough, I can't add many Pokemon. But can anyone still tell me what the script offsets that define stuff like items and Pokemon are?

This is a Script Help thread. Please ask in the proper thread, aka Simple Questions.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024

I just thought it would have something to do with scripts (like changing the description) or something.

Oh yeah, and a heads up: I'm gonna need help with a script soon. I will post it in a bit. (Or if "a bit" isn't possible a day, and if I don't have internet connection where I'm going---a week.)

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
I click "Compile" and then I click "Save" in the text window, but it doesn't go into my hack. I also needed to klnow if it was right.

You don't need to save the script. When you click compile, there should be a little box that pops up with a bunch of offsets. Copy the first one and paste it into the script offset box in A-map. Should work.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
You don't need to save the script. When you click compile, there should be a little box that pops up with a bunch of offsets. Copy the first one and paste it into the script offset box in A-map. Should work.

actually the one you should copy is the offset under newoffset, including the 0x, btw its in the scroll window

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
You forgot 0x in front of every flag command.
Changes in BOLD RED!

Spoiler:

Well even so, shouldn't the movement work anyways? Meh... I'm gonna try it and see if it works out.

EDIT: It didn't work. The guy still doesn't send you back a space =[ Any help?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back