• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Layout of the forum

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • The layout is a mess to me. I mean all the stuff at the top of the forum is all close together and then you get people posting in wrong sections a lot of the time due to they can't find were to post. I just would like to see a list on the side maybe showing stuff like most recent post , recent video, recent polls. And a quick menu to different sections of the forum including a Q&A & Introduction Link.

Something more like this as an example:
    edited out forum link

Last edited by a moderator:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • If you use the theme Route 167+ (I say that only because it's what I use and I'm not as familiar with the vast range of themes we have), it has dropdown menus at the top of the forum under More which can link you to New Posts, Who's Online, etc. And if you click the Help tab, it brings up a FAQ and rules page you can click on. You can hide most of the forum blocks via minimization buttons (should be available on most themes), so that you don't have to see as much on the page at once.

Otherwise the forum is pretty conventional to how forums look. Our design team is working on a new version though, which will likely happen at some point, so there's that to look forward to.

We have a few dozen themes to choose from - you could check out those to see if a design is preferential to you, but my personal favorite is Route 167+ for its cleanness.

Otherwise I'll let some of our design team really answer anything further for aesthetics, since they have the plans and ideas for how the forum will look.

Back