• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types of pokemon weekly poll #2: Water Pokemon

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • 171.png
    350.png
    260.png

In general, Defensively, the Water type is very strong when combined with high defensive stats. The Water type is also useful offensively.

• What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
    • What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why?
    • How well do you like the Water Pokemon?
    • Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?
    • If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    What's your favorite Water Pokemon? Why?

Kingdra because of it's type combination and overall design. Plus it was the first Dragon type outside of the Dragonite evo line.

What's your least favorite water pokemon? Why?

Magicrap. I cannot honestly describe how the fanbase says it is the BEST POKEMON EVA!!!!111.

How well do you like the Water Pokemon?

It's one of the better types.

Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?

Magicrap.

If pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water pokemon?

I would train them near the beach or a river. Quite handy how I live by the sea in real life.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Blastoise, I always loved him since Gen 1 he is an absolute beast with those Hydro Cannons. Also you know who has a Blastoise? GARY OAK! So obviously this pokemon is pro since it is Gary starter.

What's your least favourite water pokemon? Why?
    Tympole, I am just not a fan of the design. I dunno I am just not feeling it. Then there is Tentacool who is so annoying since years upon years when I Surf it is Tentacool that says "Oh hi there I think you will encounter more of me".

I usually choice Fire types first, but Piplup line made me change that in Fourth Gen, and there are plenty of greats to choose from.Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon?
    Maybe cause it's the most abundant type out there, and I am sick of them getting bigger and bigger. Heck there is two water Egg Groups.

Since water pokemon habitat is naturally water I would try and train them in a water environment i.e. Ocean, River, Lake, Pond, Pool. As far as training goes, I would try and have them swim up stream as training to approve there strength and endurance, I would have a shooting gallery like Cissy did in the Orange Islands so I could improve their accuracy.

Years
    Magikarp. You just gotta love it.
    Well, admittedly the the word "polarizing" is closer to the truth, but I like Magikarp.

Wingull and Pelipper. Both are common. The former is fast and gives close to no exp, the latter is a notorious protect spammer.

They're alright, I guess. What I don't like it the sheer amount of them.

images

Throw them on an unmowed lawn and wait until they get stronger while occassionally yelling at them. That's how Pokemon works.

Years
    - gorebyss, it looks so mysterious and a whole lot different to the other water types. one of many amazing pokemon that the third generation brought us. <3

- gyarados. I just think that it's so overrated. yes, it's stats and movepool are very good, but it's just ugly. not to mention that magikarp is useless.

- meh. hit and miss. there are those really good water pokemon (gorebyss, politoed, azumarill) and those dull water pokemon (gyarados, quagsire, seismitoad). it's a fairly balanced type.

- because some look really unique and cool, although others look generic. however, those water types that tend to look generic seem to be really good in battles.

- it depends. if they could be used on land then I'd train them up on the sand dunes. if they were fish then it'd be in the sea.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I like Water-types. My favorite out of all the hundreds would be Vaporeon. Its just so cute. |3 My least favorite would be, I dunno, Magikarp? I haven't really had much thought on this topic tbh.

Years
    Starmie! :D
    I don't really know why, I just have always loved it's design. It's awesome.

Piplup. I hate it so much. It's ugly and useless :/

I'd say it's my second favorite type actually.

I like water types because I like a lot of water type pokemon, and because they're really useful in the games.

I'd make them swim laps xD

Years
  • · What's your favorite Water Pokémon? Why?
    Starmie, ever since I played against Misty in Red/Blue and lost my first battle ever to her Starmie using recover.

· What's your least favorite water Pokémon? Why?
    Bidoof/Bibarel, they're most commonly known for being an HM slave to many people.

· How well do you like the Water Pokémon?
    They're good, but I usually only have them as starters and switch them out for an ice type later on.

· Why do you or don't you like the water Pokémon?
    I just enjoy having an ice type Pokémon that knows water type moves. Usually, ice type Pokémon are also water types.

· If Pokémon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train water Pokémon?
    I would go to an Olympic sized swimming pool as often as I could and have them race laps around the pool.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
    245.png

Love it's design, it's so majestic. That and I love the story that it and Entei and Raikou have.
    350.png

Great design, great bulk!
    91.png

Another appealing design, always had a liking towards this thing. It got a great new ability in generation 5, as well as the ability to learn the new move Shell Smash. It comes a wrecking machine!
    395.png

A top favorite of mine. Cool typing and great stats. The only water starter I've ever fallen in love with!
    535.png

So bad... its face is horrendous to look at. I don't know what they were thinking with this things design. Looks too human to me, too out of place compared to its evolutions. It could have been so much better had it had a more interesting face/head.
    I don't particularly favor them. I'd say in my decisions, they're right smack in the middle of my most favorable and least favorable.
    Generally, they're just not that appealing to me. As a typing, it takes a backseat to my favorites.
    Taking them to the beach every day of course!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

• · What's your least favorite water Pokémon? Why?
    Bidoof/Bibarel, they're most commonly known for being an HM slave to many people.
    It's just Bibarel that has a second type. Bidoof is just pure Normal.

535.png

So bad... its face is horrendous to look at. I don't know what they were thinking with this things design. Looks too human to me, too out of place compared to its evolutions. It could have been so much better had it had a more interesting face/head.
    I completely agree, it is out of place in its own line, the face is just eh... They could have made a better tadpole out of it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Favorite Water Pokemon: I like these mainly for their design: Swampert, Empoleon, Samurott. I also like Swampert because it's the very first starter Pokemon I used.
    Least favorite Water Pokemon: Seel, Dewgong, Finneon and Lumineon. They're not very good in battle.
    How well do you like the Water Pokemon?: It's one of my favorite types. In fact, it's my absolute favorite type.
    Why don't you like the Water Pokemon?: See "Least Favorite Pokemon"
    How I'd train Water Pokemon: Have the amphibious Water Pokemon battle in water and land.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    All of them. The water-type is actually my second favorite type. I like all of them because to me, they all have appealing designs.
    None.
    Like I said, it's my second favorite type.
    It's like they can adapt to their surroundings quickly.
    By training them in places with lots of water. Why? So when they're in a battle, they can adapt quickly.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Marill, Vaporeon, Suicune, Mudkip, Milotic, Oshawott, Dewott, Dewdong, Lapras, Ducklett and Swanna. Because of their designs. XD

Magikarp, Feebas, Bibarel, Psyduck etc. Because they're ugly/weak imo. :P

Water type is one of my favorite types, I like most of the water type pokes. xD

I like them because they're strong in general. :D

Taking them to the beach every day of course!

^^ That. :D

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024

Most of them I love, although in my current mood...Totodile. It's got a pretty good movepool, particularly for an un-evolved pokémon, and it looks cool, particularly in artwork. Also, it's actions make me lol a little in Hg/Ss.

Huntail. Never owned one, looks horrendous, and isn't any good at battling either. Then again, Gorebyss scares me too, as does Clamperl. Can I just say I dislike the Clamperl family?

Quite "well".

They've got good movepools, few weaknesses, good designs, and most HMs are water-type, so they're useful out-of-battle too.

I wouldn't. I'm scared of most aquatic creatures, so I seriously just wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • What's your favourite Water Pokemon and why?
    That's a toughie. Three of my favourite Pokemon are Water-type (Lapras, Kingdra and Milotic) but I also have a soft spot for some of the 'lesser' Water-types like Lanturn. Gun to head, I'd have to say Lapras: mainly because of its design, but also because it plays so hard to get in GSC/HGSS!

What's your least favourite Water Pokemon and why?
    Surskit. It almost ranks with Unown among my least favourite Pokemon ever. No real reason, I just don't care for it at all, and wouldn't be sorry if it were wiped off the face of the PokeDex.

How well do you like the Water Pokemon? Why do you or don't you like the Water Pokemon?
    On the whole, they're a good type. I wouldn't say they're my favourite, but because of the sheer number of them, there are a fair few Water-type critters that I can say I like.

If Pokemon were real and you were a trainer, how would you train Water Pokemon?
    I dunno... make them swim at least 10 miles a day for fitness?

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • What's your favorite Water Pokemon? Why?

Vaporean. It has always been my favorite water type. It simple yet beautiful.

What's your least favorite water pokemon? Why?

It would have to be Tympole. It is a tumor with a face. They could have come up with a much better design for a tadpole pokemon.

They aren't my favorite type but I love them. I always have to have a water pokemon on my team.

Water is the esscence of life.

A lot of swimming. I would get in the water with my pokemon and train them that way so it's more personal.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Warortle. It's a classic, and it's always just been so badass-looking. I liked the whole line, but Squirtle was a bit wimpy whereas Blastoise was too huge and unwieldy-looking.

Probably . . .Dewott. It just looks like it has some kind of problem.

Yeah, I like Waters. I always have at least one on each of my in-game teams, sometimes more.

They're hugely versatile, theyhave balanced stats and good movepools in general, plus blue is one of my favourite colours.

I would kick ass with them, that's how. BD

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Swampert, I love most of the water pokemon, but this guy always stood out. He is a physical powerhouse and I knew I had to put one in my team when I first saw it's Ken Sugimori art.

Palkia, It's butt ugly and I seriously don't understand why they had to make it a water type.

My favorite type, nuff said.

Why do you or don't you like the water pokemon
    They can cover up their weaknesses with ground and ice moves, which the majority of water pokes can learn. Most of em look real cool too.

Uhm I'd go swimming with them a lot, I'd also learn them how to fight on different types of terrain, and how to use things like mud to an advantage.

Years
  • What's your favourite Water Pokemon? Why?:
    Cloyster! Ever since I got a Cloyster in my Pearl version, I've fallen in love. Amazing Defense, great attack, and a pretty good move pool too. It's definitely my favorite.
    What's your least favourite Water Pokemon? Why?
    Tentacool. It's as annoying as a Zubat in a cave. I'm sick of running into these things! :(
    Not my favorite type. I'm doing a Monotype challenge on my Platinum version with Water types. They're pretty useful. There are too many of them! It irks me.
    Why do you or don't you like the Water Pokemon?
    Pretty good designs. Not always the best moves, but they're a good type. I've just never really been in love with the type.
    If Pokemon was real and you were a trainer, how would you train your water Pokemon?
    At the beach, duh.

Back