• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen SRing Shiny Starters

Years
  • Can someone explain to me about soft resetting for starters in Ruby and Sapphire. I have been reading up on it and keep getting confused by all the different information there is online. I keep seeing people say that you have to choose your starter at different times so you can hit different frames and hopefully it'll be a shiny frame. I also hear that that only matters if your battery is dry in Ruby or Sapphire. Other people say that you don't have to worry about choosing the starter at different frames because it's the same 1/8192 chance as normal when your battery isn't dead. So much information and I just wanna know what is true. My battery isn't dead, I have fresh internal batteries in both versions. So do I have to keep clicking my starter at different times to try and get the shiny frame or can I just do it as fast as possible each SR like normal?

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Can someone explain to me about soft resetting for starters in Ruby and Sapphire. I have been reading up on it and keep getting confused by all the different information there is online. I keep seeing people say that you have to choose your starter at different times so you can hit different frames and hopefully it'll be a shiny frame. I also hear that that only matters if your battery is dry in Ruby or Sapphire. Other people say that you don't have to worry about choosing the starter at different frames because it's the same 1/8192 chance as normal when your battery isn't dead. So much information and I just wanna know what is true. My battery isn't dead, I have fresh internal batteries in both versions. So do I have to keep clicking my starter at different times to try and get the shiny frame or can I just do it as fast as possible each SR like normal?

Ruby and sapphire are the same as in every other game (other than emerald). Pretty sure that the battery has absolutely nothing to do with how random pokemon are generated, the shiny frame thing is only for emerald so don't worry about it. So to clarify, just SR like in almost every other pokemon game.

Years
  • Ruby and sapphire are the same as in every other game (other than emerald). Pretty sure that the battery has absolutely nothing to do with how random pokemon are generated, the shiny frame thing is only for emerald so don't worry about it. So to clarify, just SR like in almost every other pokemon game.
    Thanks for the info. Right after I posted this I got pooched. I was so mad when I saw that shiny Poochyena.

Back