• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
PokeScript - Give Pokemon

Right, I am wondering how to display text after I have just called the givepokmon function. I've tried and tried and still had no luck.. Anyway care to help me on this script?

Code:
#ORG $givePokemonScript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_TRUE goto $claimedPokemon
message $askPlayer
$askPlayer 1 = Would you like to look after my Mew?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $givePokemon
message $ansNo
$ansNo 1 = Come back if you change your mind!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $claimedPokemon
lock
faceplayer
message $claimed
$claimed 1 = You have already have my Mew!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $givePokemon
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 151 10 0x00
setflag 0x202
fanfare 0x13E
message $giving
$giving 1 = You have obtained Mew!
release
end

(Started learning last night!)

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Right, I am wondering how to display text after I have just called the givepokmon function. I've tried and tried and still had no luck.. Anyway care to help me on this script?

Code:
#ORG $givePokemonScript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_TRUE goto $claimedPokemon
message $askPlayer
$askPlayer 1 = Would you like to look after my Mew?
boxset 5
compare 0x800D 0x0001
if 0x01 goto $givePokemon
message $ansNo
$ansNo 1 = Come back if you change your mind!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $claimedPokemon
lock
faceplayer
message $claimed
$claimed 1 = You have already have my Mew!
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $givePokemon
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 151 10 0x00
setflag 0x202
fanfare 0x13E
message $giving
$giving 1 = You have obtained Mew!
release
end
(Started learning last night!)

Great to see a new scripter just starting out. I re-tooled your script. Try it now.

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @givePokemonScript
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_TRUE goto @claimedPokemon
msgbox @askPlayer 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x01 goto @givePokemon
msgbox @ansNo 0x6
release
end

#ORG @claimedPokemon
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @claimed 0x6
release
end

#ORG @givePokemon
lock
faceplayer
givepokemon 151 10 0x00
setflag 0x202
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @giving 0x6
release
end

#org @askplayer
= Would you like to look after my\nMEW?

#org @ansNo
= Come back if you change your mind!

#org @claimed
= You have already have my MEW!

#org @giving
= You have obtained MEW!

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I need urgent help for my hack, Pokémon Nyx.
Basically, the Professor is absent for reasons that I can't go into (spoilers) and so he just leaves a Pokéball on the table with a note. Now I need an event to obtain the Pokédex. My script generator doesn't have such a command, I'm crap at scripting and need help. Badly.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I need urgent help for my hack, Pokémon Nyx.
Basically, the Professor is absent for reasons that I can't go into (spoilers) and so he just leaves a Pokéball on the table with a note. Now I need an event to obtain the Pokédex. My script generator doesn't have such a command, I'm crap at scripting and need help. Badly.

Which game are you using?

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Which game are you using?
I'm using a FireRed rom. Basically, you have to go into the city centre and pick up a Sewaddle. The Professor is absent (spoilers) and so you need to get the Pokédex from the table. How do I do a recieved PokéDex script?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm using a FireRed rom. Basically, you have to go into the city centre and pick up a Sewaddle. The Professor is absent (spoilers) and so you need to get the Pokédex from the table. How do I do a recieved PokéDex script?

The Pokedex (along with a few other things such as badges, running shoes and the Party Menu option) are unlocked either through flags or specials. To unlock the Pokedex on the start menu, you have to use the command 'setflag 0x829'. The National Dex can be unlocked by using 'special 0x16F'.

Put those two commands in your scripts when you need them, and everything should work fine :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
script help

Game: pokemon ruby
Type: green s
Editor: xse
Script: applymorment/trainerbattle/talk

it is supposed to make a guy walk up to you question mark text call trainer battle text the guy walks away earthquake exclamation point end. but instead you walk past it and nothing happens.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

@phantom12
Spoiler:

Checking whether a flag is set or not, would be better. Try it out. If it still doesn't work, try using another flag

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
@Tropical Sunlight: Use the fadescreen command to fade the screen to black (you can also make the screen fade to white), I'm not sure about the parameter. It has at least one called the fade effect, but I always forget which one to use. Special 0x0 heals the player's pokemon, if I remember correctly. The healing sound can be done using the fanfare command. I don't use it very often, you'll have to look at nurse Joy's script (search for a 'fanfare 0x??', and use that number). To fade the screen to normal, use the fadescreen command again.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
@Tropical Sunlight: Use the fadescreen command to fade the screen to black (you can also make the screen fade to white), I'm not sure about the parameter. It has at least one called the fade effect, but I always forget which one to use. Special 0x0 heals the player's pokemon, if I remember correctly. The healing sound can be done using the fanfare command. I don't use it very often, you'll have to look at nurse Joy's script (search for a 'fanfare 0x??', and use that number). To fade the screen to normal, use the fadescreen command again.
Help very much appreciated.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!

I made this script, and since it doesn't want to do anything I assume this isn't correct?
Spoiler:

I need help like, now. My hack can't progress otherwise.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH I WANT TO SCREAM!!!!

I made this script, and since it doesn't want to do anything I assume this isn't correct?
Spoiler:

I need help like, now. My hack can't progress otherwise.

You should probably reread whatever scripting tutorial you read (and more thoroughly this time) because your 'msgbox' commands are lacking the second parameter, something that is explained in any recent scripting tutorial. You also need to brush up on some basic concepts of hacking, like pointers and addresses, because your use of two "@text"s is faulty.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2011
@phantom12
Spoiler:

Checking whether a flag is set or not, would be better. Try it out. If it still doesn't work, try using another flag

i have tried the script and 3 different flags but it's still not working

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
I'm trying to create a Leaf Green game that you can get every pokemon from FR/LG to complement an eventual Emerald game with every pokemon from R/S/E. Of course, I don't want to do this by adding wild pokemon. I've already made both fossils available, and reviveable, unlocked both Nintendo islands, added FR exclusives, and the other eeveelutions and the other hitmon can be acquired by breeding. I have a ridiculously ambitious plan of incorporating the multiverse feature from Eternal Darkness for getting all three starters and all three Legendary gerbils. I've hopefully gotten around the problem of no "storepokemon," by using the PC and preventing access to the PC until a certain point in the game. Of course that's still a very long ways away. For now I just want to replace the roaming legendary with a fixed battle for all three.

How can I prevent the roaming legendary from roaming? Any way to break the script without causing damage to other parts of the game would be great. Thank you in advance.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i have tried the script and 3 different flags but it's still not working

Can you explain the flag's purpose? Did you set the flag in a previous script? If so, why not just use use this script's variable rather than set a flag in the previous script:

If in the previous script you had setflag 0xd2 - try changing it to the variable for your current script (I'll pretend it's 5000 for an example). Change it to setvar 0x5000 0x1 and then use 5000 as the var # for this script and 0001 as the var value in A-Map. Then you can skip the entire checkflag 0xD2
if 0x1 goto @done
section of the script - just end the script with setvar 0x5000 0x2 to deactivate it.

Also, in the future, use XSE's guide to see which flags are basically available for use:

Anyway, for those who dunno - most people thinks that there are about 65,535 flags for each game of the pokémon series - most already used by the game and some not usable. But that's not true which is why when you use some flags - they never work at all. If that's so then what range of flags should be usable and safe to use? Well its 0x0001 to 0x3FFF and any flag beyond 0x3FFF may or may not work, plus most flags roughly between 0x1 to 0x900 are all used by the game so using flags between that range will also lead to some undesirable behaviour by the game. We recommend you start with flags from 0x1000 onwards :)

^ XSE recommends starting with flag 0x1000 and going forward from there.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back