• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oh man, what kind of Let's Play do you enjoy?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
So those perusing the LP section, what kind of LP do you most enjoy reading and/or watching? Do you enjoy screenshot LPs written in a serious tone? Video LPs with lighthearted commentary? Or any obscure variation that others may be unaware of?

I like them LPs what with the jokes and the other.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
Screenshot LP's that don't rely on childish humour. Bonus points if a new story/sub plot is made out of it (Redchocobo's pretty good at that).

Yuoaman

Years
Screenshot LP's that don't rely on childish humour. Bonus points if a new story/sub plot is made out of it (Redchocobo's pretty good at that).

I love how the prerequisite of not resorting to childish humor pretty much knocks my LP right out of the running. (Unless, of course, the palpable sarcasm cancels out the childish humor, which is quite probable because I just wrote down an equation.) Though I have to agree, any LPer that can somehow interweave a secondary story of their own design with the game's actual plot are definitely talented.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
When I say childish humour, I mean things like "OH MAI GOD RAPISTS LOL MY RIVAL IS CALLED FAG PENIS USE HARDEN" Kind of crap. Even Zorak's LP was initially just 'meh' because of all the rapist jokes, but it got hilarious after Foxy snaps and the joke's almost completely dropped.

Yuoaman

Years
When I say childish humour, I mean things like "OH MAI GOD RAPISTS LOL MY RIVAL IS CALLED FAG PENIS USE HARDEN" Kind of crap. Even Zorak's LP was initially just 'meh' because of all the rapist jokes, but it got hilarious after Foxy snaps and the joke's almost completely dropped.

Well I feel that the latter stages of Zorak's LP depended on the backbone provided by the early humor, especially since the dark humor derived from situations in that part of the LP built on jokes earlier on.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
I like LP's with jokes, since it makes them more entertaining. :P But yeah, not crude humour, since things get kinda awake. And for videos.. Incessive random rambling is pretty funny, and hearing the LPer scream or panic, for some reason makes me laugh too. XD

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I love hearing the player's incomprehensible rage when they fail miserably at the game in a video LP. You just don't get that in text LPs. :P

As far as standard commentary goes, I like hearing memetic jokes and little-known facts about the game. :D

Back