• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

My brother preordered it and now we're waiting for EB Games to phone us and tell us if it's in stock yet. I wish it wasn't taking so long, i'm too excited! :3

Even though I'll never play it, haha, but I do enjoy watching games. C:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Speaking of the DS, I still don't get why Ninty is giving the Wii U a VC for it, but not the 3DS. The software switch is already there, and not to mention that my game library would grow tremendously with DD DS games.

Years
It's probably because they want to push the Wii U's sales numbers higher and higher since it's starting to falter given that its competitors have been released. That or they already are there and we just didn't know it (this is doubtful, though).

Years
Yep, it's either that they're trying to give the Wii U a boost, or the fact that every DS game can already be played on the 3DS anyway... don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind DS Virtual Console for the 3DS but it would feel a little redundant.

Years
Yep, it's either that they're trying to give the Wii U a boost, or the fact that every DS game can already be played on the 3DS anyway... don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind DS Virtual Console for the 3DS but it would feel a little redundant.

I'd see it more as allowing people to acquire the games digitally for the games where physical copies are no longer made or are very hard to come by, personally.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
The reason for the DS VC's is that the WiiU is selling very poorly, and Nintendo wants to try to add something to generate sales.

It's hard for the WiiU's sale number to falter though - They were terriable already so it's kind of hard for them to get even worse. Dec's numbers had it selling 5.86 million units. At the same time, the PS4 sold 4.2 million and the XB1 (Jam 6) 3 million. The WiiU was released a year before either of them, and in a little more then a month the PS4 almost outsold it. So no, it's not the PS4/XB1 making the WiiU's sales falter - It just didn't sell good.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Sales aside, I still don't see the point of not giving it to both. Of course thats an issue for the Virtual Console in general, not just DS....

Years
Sales aside, I still don't see the point of not giving it to both. Of course thats an issue for the Virtual Console in general, not just DS....

Yep, exactly. It's even the same with the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console...! The Wii Shopping Channel has so many VC games but Nintendo insist on releasing them very, very slowly over months and months on the Wii U eShop. I don't get it! What's wrong with just releasing everything on every system?

Nakala Pri

Okay, I've just picked up Eternal Sonata, put it in the Xbox and i've been transported to the world I love once again.

One problem....

I'M STUCK ON A PIRATE SHIP!! D:

And worst of all, all of my healing herbs and reviving herbs have been eaten by the weakest of the bunch, which is Frederic, not Polka, surprisingly.

I'm on Dolce's ship and their are OP pirates everywhere and I need to get back to the main ship so i can buuuuuuuuy some damn herbs! :C HELP!! ;-;

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, exactly. It's even the same with the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console...! The Wii Shopping Channel has so many VC games but Nintendo insist on releasing them very, very slowly over months and months on the Wii U eShop. I don't get it! What's wrong with just releasing everything on every system?
Nothing at all, Nintendo's planning on that from what I can gather from the Investor meeting. Just we have till wait for the next platform which would also give us unified accounts, both things they can easily achieve now, but won't. \

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Okay, I've just picked up Eternal Sonata, put it in the Xbox and i've been transported to the world I love once again.

One problem....

I'M STUCK ON A PIRATE SHIP!! D:

And worst of all, all of my healing herbs and reviving herbs have been eaten by the weakest of the bunch, which is Frederic, not Polka, surprisingly.

I'm on Dolce's ship and their are OP pirates everywhere and I need to get back to the main ship so i can buuuuuuuuy some damn herbs! :C HELP!! ;-;
Pirate Ship? Damn, that's more popular in JRPGs than I thought =D
Hmm... Eternal Sonata, I always wanted to try it but the PS3 version simply doesn't exist in my country or on EU PSN =/

Nakala Pri

Eternal Sonata is such a magical game, it transports you into another world with fast-paced action, unforgettable characters and a head full of mystical lands! ^^

Honestly, it can get pretty hard tho. And some of the puzzling landscapes you have to get passed take up a lot of your time but it's pretty awesome! :D

Right now i'm stuck on a pirate ship run by OP pirates which must have anxiety issues, since they keep rocking back and forth. xD

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Luckily you quit, so now it should be easier to get back to the Captian's ship. You should let me help you out, I'm better at fighting those anxious pirates. xD

So, speaking of RPGs, I hear Xenoblade Chronicles is a game somewhat similar to ES, no? Has anyone played this game? I'd like to see everyone's opinion on it, because being the RPG fan that I am, I was thinking of giving it a go. :D

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The reason for the DS VC's is that the WiiU is selling very poorly, and Nintendo wants to try to add something to generate sales.

It's hard for the WiiU's sale number to falter though - They were terriable already so it's kind of hard for them to get even worse. Dec's numbers had it selling 5.86 million units. At the same time, the PS4 sold 4.2 million and the XB1 (Jam 6) 3 million. The WiiU was released a year before either of them, and in a little more then a month the PS4 almost outsold it. So no, it's not the PS4/XB1 making the WiiU's sales falter - It just didn't sell good.

Nintendo making DS titles available on the Wii U VC is a sign they're desperate and don't know what to do. I mean, you have the 3DS for that...

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Nintendo making DS titles available on the Wii U VC is a sign they're desperate and don't know what to do. I mean, you have the 3DS for that...

Agreed. Although Nintendo is still doing well on the Nintendo 3DS it is obvious to see that they are hurting on the console side. The Nintendo DS was probably Nintendo's best selling game platform period. Adding Nintendo DS games to the Wii U will boost sales a lot, but still probably won't be enough to get them out of the hole.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I doubt that it'd help Wii U sales a lot. If people really wanted to play DS games, they'd play it on their DS or 3DS. Having digital DS games available is nice, but it's hardly a good enough incentive to buy a Wii U.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think it'd be pretty sweet if they could make a mini version of Wii U, where you could play just play games and nothing else... y'know, sort of like Wii mini. It'd cost less; a lot more people would be able to purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back