• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just one more level...

Yukari

Would you say that you're obsessed with Video Games? That's all I got really. It's a very straightforward question so that I know your weak minds can comprehend it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Technically no, I don't think so. From what I understand, a video game addiction is something you can't even control, to the point where it interferes with your life and prevents you from functioning normally (eg. someone who skips class/work to play games, stops interacting with people, etc).

So while I like games a lot, I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them. I can play for hours on end, but I can also stop whenever I want, and I can prioritize so that if something more important needs to be done, I'll make sure I get that done.

Yukari

Technically no, I don't think so. From what I understand, a video game addiction is something you can't even control, to the point where it interferes with your life and prevents you from functioning normally (eg. someone who skips class/work to play games, stops interacting with people, etc).

So while I like games a lot, I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them. I can play for hours on end, but I can also stop whenever I want, and I can prioritize so that if something more important needs to be done, I'll make sure I get that done.
    In retrospect I wasn't really thinking of addiction, but someting along the lines of "Obsession" then addiction. And I really didn't consider what Video Game addiction really is...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Taking into consideration what Juno said, I'll say that I'm more obsessed with games rather than addicted to, and then even then I'm more obsessed with the idea of games than actually playing them. I love to play games but lately it's been getting to the point where nothing I have sounds good and I think about playing all of my games and how much fun they would be but then I go to actually try to play it and quit after a couple of minutes.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    So while I like games a lot, I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them. I can play for hours on end, but I can also stop whenever I want,

That's what every addict says! :P

As for myself... Obsessed, perhaps, but I haven't gotten to a point where it interferes with any part of my life.. Except maybe my love life.
    In regards to "Just one more level... oh ♥♥♥♥, it's 11AM." Buh. I admit, I do have a lot of trouble letting go of the mouse and keyboard when I'm on a great streak, but I'm sure that can be said of almost anything. You usually want to finish something while it's fresh on your mind, not come back later to something half-finished and forget where you were or what you were doing. That's just silly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with video games, per say; I do play them, but if there's every any time that I have to drop these things to get work done, I could do it without any sort of trouble at all. When I was younger, it wasn't that easy (would play games for hours, without paying attention to anything else), but now, though, it is.

Addiction, on other hand, is a little different; in that regard, games that I'm currently addicted to would be Call of Duty: Ghosts and Mario Kart 8. Whenever I turn on either my Xbox 360 or Wii U, these two are the only games that you'll find me playing. Personally, I think they're amazing, and could play them non-stop without getting struck by boredom at all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    That's what every addict says! :P

Spoiler:

shh I'm not in denial

Nah, I know what you mean, it's hard to stop sometimes when you're in the middle of something important in the game, and some games don't let you save and quit in the middle of missions and stuff (one of my favorite things about the PSP, you can turn it off and back on, and it'll be right where you left it). But knowing that, I usually play games that I can't put down easily during times that know I won't be interrupted by real life stuff. :P

But back on topic, I guess it's like a major hobby of mine - I'm not sure if I would call it an obsession, but if I'm not playing games, I like to read articles about games, watch LPs, etc. In my spare time, of course.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    But back on topic, I guess it's like a major hobby of mine - I'm not sure if I would call it an obsession, but if I'm not playing games, I like to read articles about games, watch LPs, etc. In my spare time, of course.

I'm glad you understand, haha.

I'd also like to add onto what you said a little bit... That's another point that makes me feel like gaming might be a liiiiittle more than a hobby of mine. :P If I'm not playing, I'm reading articles. Or blogs. Or watching LPs/RPs.
    Man, I've even toyed with the idea of maintaining a blog primarily for game reviews. Just because the specific things I'm looking for don't seem to be on The Internet™ and they should be. lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Man, I've even toyed with the idea of maintaining a blog primarily for game reviews. Just because the specific things I'm looking for don't seem to be on The Internet™ and they should be. lol.

Me too! I have a bunch of half-written reviews on my laptop - I'm terrible at wrapping things up, and unlike schoolwork, there's no deadline so I end up putting them off forever. Then after a while the game isn't 'new' anymore, and the buzz around it kind of dies off and I'm just like 'eh, no point in finishing it now'.

Years
  • I think I have a very strong addiction to games. Same for music too. You'll never guess how unsocial I am(!)

To be honest, thinking about it again, I've been playing videogames since I was 5, I have never lived locally to any school I was sent to, so I never had any friends I could play with outside of school. I think it's more out of having nothing better to do...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to be obsessed with video games(maybe i still have, but on a smaller scale). Now i only played them when i'm absolutely bored, or just don't feel like game developing (it can give ideas, and you can find nice music for your game). When i start playing a game i usually get stuck playing it for hours though.

The biggest obsession i ever had was probably with C&C Tiberium Dawn, i played multiplayer like every day for most of the day, and it lasted for 2 if not 3 years. Another big obsession i had was with League of Legends, but i mostly quit cause the playerbase is terrible.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to be obsessed with video games(maybe i still have, but on a smaller scale). Now i only played them when i'm absolutely bored, or just don't feel like game developing (it can give ideas, and you can find nice music for your game). When i start playing a game i usually get stuck playing it for hours though.

The biggest obsession i ever had was probably with C&C Tiberium Dawn, i played multiplayer like every day for most of the day, and it lasted for 2 if not 3 years. Another big obsession i had was with League of Legends, but i mostly quit cause the playerbase is terrible.

C&C? damn, that brings back memories, I'd spend endless hours on Tiberian Sun, Renegade or Red Alert 2, I loved them games so much.

and I agree, league playerbase is awful mostly, admittedly I rage a lot but nowhere near as much and as unjustified as most others do.

Years
  • C&C? damn, that brings back memories, I'd spend endless hours on Tiberian Sun, Renegade or Red Alert 2, I loved them games so much.

and I agree, league playerbase is awful mostly, admittedly I rage a lot but nowhere near as much and as unjustified as most others do.

I played the full Tiberiam Sun NOD campaign on the hardest difficulty GDI sucks. I played a few games multiplayer, but i never really got that much into it because i grew up with Tiberian Dawn graphics. I played a lot of the first Red Alert, probably because except for the buildings, the graphics were really similar.

I prefer Tiberian series over Red Alert, mostly because i really liked Kane in the first few games. Red Alert is just an altered WW2(or the cold war that isn't really cold in the series)

The problem with LoL community is mostly the fact that the banning system is laughable. Like 1% of the playerbase actually does the Tribunal thing, and even then the bans still need to be approved by Riot. At the moment the Tribunal is disabled and replaced with an automated ban system that gives you like 5 warnings and chat restrictions before finally banning you for 1 day.

Years
  • I played the full Tiberiam Sun NOD campaign on the hardest difficulty GDI sucks. I played a few games multiplayer, but i never really got that much into it because i grew up with Tiberian Dawn graphics. I played a lot of the first Red Alert, probably because except for the buildings, the graphics were really similar.

I prefer Tiberian series over Red Alert, mostly because i really liked Kane in the first few games. Red Alert is just an altered WW2(or the cold war that isn't really cold in the series)

The problem with LoL community is mostly the fact that the banning system is laughable. Like 1% of the playerbase actually does the Tribunal thing, and even then the bans still need to be approved by Riot. At the moment the Tribunal is disabled and replaced with an automated ban system that gives you like 5 warnings and chat restrictions before finally banning you for 1 day.

I agree, GDI sucks. Peace through Power!

and honestly I think tiberian sun was the best game westwood studios ever made.

I know what you mean about the LoL tribunal, but to be honest, people will report you for just about anything. I could think of so many examples that made me rage, a lot of people who report you probably contradict themselves by doing the same thing you apparently did several times. it's so silly lol. Like, I was in a ranked game once, gold 3 with a load of plat 5s, and I got flamed for being gold... and the funny part was that, ironically, I carried that game. >_>

even though I can be a toxic player sometimes, in the 2 years i've played i've never been banned or had any action taken against me at all for anything.

Years
  • I agree, GDI sucks. Peace through Power!

and honestly I think tiberian sun was the best game westwood studios ever made.

I know what you mean about the LoL tribunal, but to be honest, people will report you for just about anything. I could think of so many examples that made me rage, a lot of people who report you probably contradict themselves by doing the same thing you apparently did several times. it's so silly lol. Like, I was in a ranked game once, gold 3 with a load of plat 5s, and I got flamed for being gold... and the funny part was that, ironically, I carried that game. >_>

even though I can be a toxic player sometimes, in the 2 years i've played i've never been banned or had any action taken against me at all for anything.

For the sake of not ruining this threads topic, let's continue this in PM/LoL fanclub xD

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I have been playing way too much League of Legends lately with the hope that I will escape my bronze prison, but unfortunately, I haven't been doing very well.

Years
  • I have been playing way too much League of Legends lately with the hope that I will escape my bronze prison, but unfortunately, I haven't been doing very well.

Noobstomper champs or champs that nobody plays are what i used to get out of Bronze.

Having people build full glass cannon AP against Veigar is fun.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • Noobstomper champs or champs that nobody plays are what i used to get out of Bronze.

Having people build full glass cannon AP against Veigar is fun.

Oh yeah, playing Veigar and having the enemy AP be completely oblivious to his ult's passive is probably the best feeling you can have in LoL in my opinion.

Back