• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2015
I've had this idea rolling around in my head for the better part of two years and within the last few months I've been taking steps to actualize it. This is a series of three games (Pokemon Sepia/Ink/Rainbow). It takes place in the past, specifically a feudal japan-esque era, so there are quite a few technologies absent (Pokedex, pokemon storage system, pokecenters, pokemarts); however, the functions they served still exist, just through different mediums.

The story goes like this: you are a student at a pokedojo (the precursor to pokemon gyms) and it is time for you and your two siblings (the three of you are triplets and your siblings are your rivals) to advance to the next stage of your training: travel the region, defeat the masters of the other dojos earning your right to face the elite four, defeat them and be granted permission to pay homage to the three sage pokemon (the primary legendary trinity of this series). along the way, you uncover a plot by a hidden clan (the clan varies depending on version) to unleash an ancient pokemon of corruption from a shadow dimension beyond time and space and use it as a weapon to take over the shogunate. It is your destiny to stop this from happening.

Some features of the game:
Spoiler:

That is the gist of it so far. The main story line is complete, but I don't want to give too much away in case this ever is fully produced.

Below is a rough draft of a topographical map of the Kansai region with routes, towns, and other notable places marked.

Last edited:

Pyrrhon

Scrublord Extraordinare
Years
  • Age 24
  • No
  • Seen Aug 12, 2015
So I've been thinking about making this for a while and so here's my idea

~Pokemon Apotheosis~

Quick Intro:
Welcome to the newly discovered region of Reveran where everything is bright and sunny and all of your dreams will come true... If only that were the case. The newly inhabited region still has many secrets and mysteries to be unveiled.
Plenty of species of pokemon live on the island and are studied daily, seeing if the region has had any adverse affects on them.
New travelers come to the region daily by the boatload hoping to make a new life. Some are good, some are bad.
Natives of the island have switched over to the city life, but their old colonies still remain set in stone causing conflict between certain territories and more.
An organization is forming in the hopes of finding the secret to the region. They're building an army and using all means necessary to figure out the secrets of the whole planet that may be hidden in this long forgotten region.
It's up to you to decide the fate of the region. The impact of your choices have never been greater.

Info:
18 Gym Leaders, E4, etc.
721 pokemon
Original Region and Characters
Various towns, cities, territories and colonies to explore.
Custom Megas (Don't worry they won't be garbage... or at least not complete garbage)
Demon pokemon and Divine pokemon.

Here are the five Colonies
Theran: The biggest of the colonies and most modern of them.
Solemn: A religious colony that has stuck to its roots
Draknid: A colony slowly making its way to modernization. Home to various amounts of mythical pokemon.
Vyrn: A singular island nation with very little of note...
Lark: Another singular island with little to note... Except for the fact that it is the home of the Elite 4 and Champion.​

I have multiple story points planned out that I would only really tell people working with me, because where is the fun in revealing my whole story here? Anyway have some characters:
Spoiler:

This is a huge project with field effects and more. The only reason it hasn't launched is because I'm not great at spriting. I can work with Pokemon Essentials, but can't sprite to save my life. Also religion will play a huge aspect in this game. Demons and the Divine should have made that clear. Anyway, I'm off for now, this is what I've got and I'm happy with it. Stay tuned, I may show off more later.

PokeQuality

PokeQuality
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 8, 2018
Hello, I am new here but I am a long long time pokefan. I have been fascinated by the inner mechanics of pokemon games for quite a while and am learning more every day. Currently I'm working on an rpg maker game titled "Pokemon: Beyond The Veil" with several friends. I am very excited for this project and hope to have it completely finished and released in a few years. All of that being said, I'm here today to discuss something different. This discussion goes beyond anything done in the hacking community, to my knowledge.

I want to make a 3D pokemon game from the ground up. That means no RPG Maker.

The gamecube games are some of my favorite installments in the series, and I am very disappointed with the sparse sequel-esque games we have received for them. I've seen all of these ROM hacks/RPG Maker products that are absolutely fantastic, but I want to explore grander possibilities and create something that cannot be triumphed for a long time (not as much for the satisfaction of creating the "best" game, but just something that feels full and pulls the player in with more incentive than other games can provide). Modding Gale Of Darkness comes with massive complications and problems that will likely not be worth exploring, which is why I will more than happily settle with having to create a new one (that would likely surpass what GoD set out to be in the first place).

I credit myself with being a pretty decent storyboard creator and I'm always up for learning more in programming. But alone this would be much too massive of a task to handle on my own. Anybody who is interested in working on a pokemon game arguably better than what Nintendo will ever give us (because let's face it, there are things we want that we will never be given) should give feedback show support, share knowledge, etc.

This game being built from the ground up means that it isn't too much of a stretch to create TONS of new moves and pokemon, providing type combinations and battle strategies we could have only dreamed of before. Naturally this will take a long long time to make and requires a lot of input and dedication. I am posting this as sort of a "Who's with me?!?" sort of deal, but also just to feel out the reactions people would have. So here's the idea in its infant stages:

Obvious stuff - You are a boy/girl living in a new region, trying to overthrow whatever massive evil exists in the game's story. You train to one day become the strongest in the world. You participate in the various activities exclusive to the region as side quest-ish events, and you go around catching the cutest/coolest buggers.

Newer Concepts -
1. The game is not played in an overworld view as most games in the series are. Think Legend of Zelda for reference. I want the player to be able to experience the beauty of the world and feel just how big it is. I want to be in a city with skyscrapers feeling high up, trees towering over you in forests, etc.
2. The world will be much more futuristic. Traversing areas will be a much different experience due to the tools at your disposal and how areas have been designed by society. The game looking good is a top priority.
3. All appearing pkmn will be new... most likely. While I'm not entirely against including real pkmn, fakemons (With GOOD DESIGN) getting attention will set the game apart and make it a truly new experience. To work, it would need strong characters, plot, and other aspects to draw in the player. I've typed out every single type combination that could exist (there are 171) and adding pre-evolutions to several of them can lead to a truly vast pokedex.
4. Meaning. I want the game to have an underlying tone of appreciation for our universe and love to each other in a way not corny, as well as reaching our full potential despite odds. Pokemon has been good at providing philosophical and moral sentiment despite being a game all about fighting. This is yet another contribution to the depth I keep mentioning. However, I'd like to make it a bit more relate-able to real life than it ends up in the main series sometimes. It'd be nice to have a game that has an ending like X&Y without the awful and void-of-meaning evil team.
5. Acceptance! I want this to be something people can be a part of as a community. This is limited of course, as every random suggestion cannot and will not be considered, but generally I want this game to reflect remaining wishes we have for the games we've come to love.
6. Soundtrack. I make music and I'd love to have some sweet music exclusive to the game. Like a lot. Genre-crossing anywhere from soft electronic "chill-step", to hard rock, to sweet R&B melodies, to center hitting rap. Pokemon makes amazing music in most every game and I don't want to lose that trend.
7. Challenging please. And the antagonists don't need to be "Team _____". It's cleche.

I know this is a whole lot, but please don't be discouraged by how massive this sounds or if you have little to no experience in this. If you're willing to learn and are actually here to contribute, put in your two cents! Criticism is also welcome as long as it isn't formatted as "This idea sucks", and is more like "I don't think this is appealing" or "Why would you put this in? It's impractical" etc.

Whew. Okay done for now. ^_^ If you have anextreme interest message me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm not sure if understand the story. Here's what I'm getting from it (tell me if I've got anything wrong): due to a war waged by a man, pokemon and humans were destroyed and replaced with a species containing similar attributes to both of them. One of these species is having dreams, probably prophecy type dreams, and meets a woman that reminds him of Gardevoir. Is that right? Or did I seriously misunderstand something? If I'm right, I'm a bit curious as to how you're going to approach the battling system without pokemon to do the fighting :). If I'm completely wrong, which is possible, I'd love to hear what you meant :).

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't think anyone expressed any interest in my idea. Anyway, you summed it up pretty accurately. As for the battle system, I'm having the main characters do the fighting themselves, as they can perform moves used by Pokémon, although weapons like swords and guns could be used as well.

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
So I've been thinking about making this for a while and so here's my idea

~Pokemon Apotheosis~

Quick Intro:
Welcome to the newly discovered region of Reveran where everything is bright and sunny and all of your dreams will come true... If only that were the case. The newly inhabited region still has many secrets and mysteries to be unveiled.
Plenty of species of pokemon live on the island and are studied daily, seeing if the region has had any adverse affects on them.
New travelers come to the region daily by the boatload hoping to make a new life. Some are good, some are bad.
Natives of the island have switched over to the city life, but their old colonies still remain set in stone causing conflict between certain territories and more.
An organization is forming in the hopes of finding the secret to the region. They're building an army and using all means necessary to figure out the secrets of the whole planet that may be hidden in this long forgotten region.
It's up to you to decide the fate of the region. The impact of your choices have never been greater.

Info:
18 Gym Leaders, E4, etc.
721 pokemon
Original Region and Characters
Various towns, cities, territories and colonies to explore.
Custom Megas (Don't worry they won't be garbage... or at least not complete garbage)
Demon pokemon and Divine pokemon.

Here are the five Colonies
Theran: The biggest of the colonies and most modern of them.
Solemn: A religious colony that has stuck to its roots
Draknid: A colony slowly making its way to modernization. Home to various amounts of mythical pokemon.
Vyrn: A singular island nation with very little of note...
Lark: Another singular island with little to note... Except for the fact that it is the home of the Elite 4 and Champion.​

I have multiple story points planned out that I would only really tell people working with me, because where is the fun in revealing my whole story here? Anyway have some characters:

This is a huge project with field effects and more. The only reason it hasn't launched is because I'm not great at spriting. I can work with Pokemon Essentials, but can't sprite to save my life. Also religion will play a huge aspect in this game. Demons and the Divine should have made that clear. Anyway, I'm off for now, this is what I've got and I'm happy with it. Stay tuned, I may show off more later.

This looks really impressive. It is always great to see people looking at Pokemon reborn style games and they are very enjoyable.

In terms of people to sprite there are a lot of talented people in that field on these forums (myself not included as I am equally rubbish at spriting). You can look for someone to work on sprites in the recruitment thread but I think your best bet is to start doing some work on the game and get your own thread in the progressing games. You can show off a bit more of your game there and people will be more inclined to work with you if they see some progress on the game. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing this one develop further.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
I have some ideas, but I doubt I will ever use them for anything since I lack knowledge, Money, time and Motivation.

So let us start with the beginning. You are a street child in a city in the Region of[Insert Name]*. You are a kid living in the poorest part of the entire place,living off whatever you can find, what people throw away or whatever money youcan get from odd jobs here or there. You have a big sibling who lives together withyou and you always look out for each other. But your sibling is still busy witha job in a factory and you are done with your own part time job. You walk back hometo your little alley and come by a big research lab where recently a Professor hasmoved in. Even a street urchin like you has heard of this.

Out of curiosity,you decide to move around and see if you can get a glimpse of a scientist doingsomething cool or anything like that. Then you find an open window in the back andnobody inside. After a moment, you decide to stealthily move inside, hoping thatmaybe you can find something small that you can sell on the market. Whilewalking through the lab, you see something that makes your breath hold.

There arethree Pokeballs lying on the desk in the middle of the lab, all with small descriptionsof the Pokémon inside.

Getting a Pokémon....getting the chance to become at a trainer, it is the dream of every kid. But Pokeballsare expensive and trying to catch something without already having a Pokémon isdamned hard too. Plus, they are not reusable, so if they fail once, you have tobuy another.

Getting a Pokémoncomplete with Pokeball, that is worth a small fortune. You have heard ofregions where any child can become a trainer, but here only these with enoughmoney can hope for that. Unless you manage to befriend a Pokémon by luck orchance, a street child like you is unlikely to get one ever.

You look atthe descriptions of the mons and after a moment hold your hand out to the onethat sounds like it would be right for you...

A soundfrom outside disrupts you, a loud clicking as someone is opening a door lock withoutthinking, you grab the ball that you were about to touch and jump out of thewindow again. You run and run as fast as you can, hoping that nobody discoverswhat you have done.

That...that means you have a Pokémon... you can become a Pokémon trainer!

------

Now later,it would turn out that you cannot just become a Pokémon trainer, you need a TrainerID for that and that again costs lots of money. Without an ID, you cannot fightfor money with other trainers since you put down all wins and losses there. Well,theoretically, you aren't allowed to fight at all unless attacked first. Mosttrainers won't mind mock battles without betting money though unless you cometoo often to them. (If the Pokeball were already registered to someone, itwould also likely get teleported away soon after informing the league that itwas lost. Fortunately, it hasn't been registered yet. Only professionalcriminals can break that registration code.)

Thanks tothis, there is no way to finance a journey through the land to challenge Gyms.Instead you now have another mouth to feed and need to do odd jobs and such tokeep up. On the other hand, a Pokémon is a much better additional mouth to feedsince it can do much more work than any human and eats less for the most part.

And whoknows, maybe you can make your situation better given enough time and changeyour position in life? It is worth a try.

------

Basically, idea was that you actually have to get Money, feed your mon and find some Long-term ways to get the Situation to Change. You could try to join the less legal organizations with your mon, or go and do odd Jobs, maybe help out the Police occasionally for some favors. Or something else. It is honestly a pretty vague idea for a plot. I had Timburr, Ralts and Pawniard in mind for potential Starters... just a vague idea overall though.

Edit: Sorry for some of the stuck together words.... copied from word document and acts Kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back