• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raseri

a smogoner lol
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    After spending over an hour deciding on a type, i finally decided to do a poison run. The games I'll be using will be: Red, Gold, Ruby and Diamond. I'll start recording my progress soon. :)

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    UPDATE 3
    -Went through Viridian Forest
    -Grinded Ponel to lv 15(it was 14 XD)
    -Defeated all the trainers in the GYM

SOLID BATTLE​
    That is supposed to be easy, actually it took one try to take him down. Oen hit for Geodude and one hit for Onix. Here's the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcwqWRuVqA

-Ponel evolved(as shown in the vid)

Team so far(getting Parasect soon):
    Ponel/Ivysaur lv 16

-Tackle
    -Growl
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Raseri

a smogoner lol
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    haha, I accidently deleted my poison run in Celadon city so I started again, using electric types :P.

I just defeated Brock using Pikachu, struggle saved the day :)

Current Team:

Pikachu "Bolt" level 17
    Thundershock
    Growl
    Thunder Wave
    Quick Attack

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I haz an update!

So, started my Game, chose Torchick, NAmed it Mook for the heck of it :p
    Did all that beginning stuff, beat May.
    Trained on my way to Rustboro, by the time I got there I was 14 or 15, so I finished training Mook to 16, where he evolved into Combusken. I double-kicked my way to victory againt the gym, and then I saved Peeko and got the Poketech thing.
    Took the boat to Dewford, and while in the cave I caught a makuhita. I raised the Makuhita to level 18 or so, and then used Mook and his peck to beat Brawly.
    Beat all the trainers on the beach next to Slateport, beat the Soda Pop trainers.
    Saved the Museum.
    Beat my Rival again as I head to Mauville.
    Beat Wally.
    Beat the Gym leader and his Lackeys.
    Beat the News people.
    Made my way up to Fallarbor town, and met LAnette. Started the Team Magma crap, and went and beat them.
    I then whited out on the Path... as Mook fainted against the Magma leader, and I didn't bother to heal up... xD
    Finally got to the Fire gym town.
    Beat that with ease.
    Trained a tiny bit, and then beat Norman (Have a video, will upload later(Nevermind about the video >.> It didn't process or something, and so I have no video.).
    I'm now in Fortree, having saved the Weather Center, and Beaten May, again.
    I'm going to catch a Meditite at Mt. Pyre and see if I can't teach him a thunder move for the Flying Gym.

Did some of the MAgma stuff, caught a Meditite, who has Hidden Power Fight (>.>). Eventually taught him Rock Tomb to help with the Gym, ended up beating it with Mook for the most part.

Team is a Blaziken (Mook)
    Haryama
    And Meditite.

Just beat the 6th Gym.

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • FINALLY finished blue (i was slacking lol)

Surf
    Rock Slide
    Thunderbolt
    Horn Drill

Fire Blast
    Bite
    Toxic
    Fly

Mega Punch
    Earthquake
    Rock Throw
    Explosion

Hydro Pump
    Slash
    Ice Beam
    Submission

A weird spread, i know. the E4 were tough, especially Lorelei and Lance. I used all 4 pokemon during my E4.
    Lorelei kept killing my pokemon with aurora beam, but i got lucky and used rhydon's Rock slide all the way. Also Aerodactyl's Fire Blast.
    Bruno was easy with Aerodactyl's Fly and Kabutop's ice beam.
    Agatha was not bad with Golem's Earthquake and Rock throw. But Confuse Ray and Hypnosis gave me a hard time anyways.
    Lance was easy with Kabutop's Ice Beam, but of course the Gyarados was hell.
    Gary was a wimp. Pwnt 4 of his pokemon with Rhydon without a scratch. finally fell to Gyarados, but i easily won the rest with Kabutops.

Moving on to Silver ^_^

Raseri

a smogoner lol
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    The electric type wsa a lot easier than I thought, I'm getting ready to go to the Cinnabar Gym and my team is as follows:

Raichu "Bolt" level 50
    Thunder
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave
    Body Slam

Electrode "Spin" level 50
    Thunderbolt
    Explosion
    Take Down
    Swift

Jolteon "Shock" level 50
    Thundershock
    Pin Missile
    Double Kick
    Thunder Wave

Electabuzz "Bell" level 50
    Thunderpunch
    Screech
    Psywave
    Skull Bash

Magneton "Match" Level 50
    Thunder
    Double Edge
    Swift
    Thunderwave

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • Started silver. blahblahblah.
    I had to get the geodude from route 40 something near new bark town.
    there isnt even a decent rock type til sudowoodo.
    anyways. i just beat bugsy.
    but now im stuck on the rival match because of that damn bayleef, and his razor leaf. I really should have picked chikorita. *considering resetting the game*
    Geodude level 22
    Tackle
    Selfdestruct
    Rock Throw
    Magnitude
    He is NOT going to be on my team.
    He's just a placeholder until i get sudowoodo.

update:
    Finally got my sudowoodo, but not before getting 3 badges.
    Next: Corsola. That would mean getting the good rod in olivine.....

Last edited:

Raseri

a smogoner lol
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    I finished off Red not long ago, the Elite 4 was quite easy.

Lorelei - The easiest by far, Thunder from Magneton swept her whole team but Lapras, who easily went down to a few Double Kicks from Jolteon.

Bruno - The second hardest, his fighting types all went down to a thunder or 2 from Raichu. His 2 Onixs had to be double kicked by Jolteon though.

Agatha - Thunder dominated here again, I only got confused once, other than that they all went down quickly.

Lance - The hardest, mainly due to Hyper Beam. Gyarados went down to a thunderpunch from Electabuzz. His Dragonair seemed to use Hyper Beam everytime, beating Electabuzz and Jolteon. Raichu finished the team off.

Rival - I lied, he was the hardest. Pidgeot went down to a Thunderbolt from Electrode, Alakazam then started to sweep, beating Electrode and Magneton before being beaten by Raichu. Rhydon went down to a few double kicks, Exeggutor to a few body slams and Blastoise to a powerful thunder from Jolteon. Battle over.

it took me less than a day to get from start to finish(emulating it at five times the regular speed :P)

My rating on each of my pokemon:

Raichu - Easily the most valuble member of the team. He saved me so many times with a body slam, or seismic toss. Finished off most of the gym leaders with ease.

Electrode - The only things he has over Raichu is speed and explosion, although the latter came in handy quite a few times.

Jolteon - As soon as he learned Thundershock, he became the main sweeper on my team. He's fast and powerful. He was my best option to take out the annoying rock types, cant take a hit to save his life though.

Magneton - The most useless member of the team. Everything he could do someone else could do better. Hopefully the steel type will make him more valuble in Gold.

Electabuzz - Another dominating sweeper, though not as valuble as Raichu or Jolteon, his ability to nit nearly everything for good damage was very helpful near the end.

Time to start Gold :)

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
  • Starting tommorrow I'll begin these challenges starting with Fire of course, I am also assuming since I'm starting with fire I can use Charmander then correct?

Don't worry I'll be doing more and since I go through the games fast and predict someone calling me a cheater I'll record all of it for them :p.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    it took me less than a day to get from start to finish(emulating it at five times the regular speed :P)
    *High Fives*

Anyways, without access to my computer, I started a tiny tiny bit of Pearl, where I chose Chimchar. I think I've beat one or two trainers on the second route... xD

I guess I'll go finish some of ruby now though. Updates later.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • UPDATE!!!!
    not much though.
    Got my 4th badge, skipped all trainers and went to olivine, where i got the good rod. but corsola can only be found in the daytime, and its obviously not daytime where i am.
    so im signing off.
    Sudowoodo lv 31

Rock Slide
    Mimic (soon Ice Punch)
    Flail (soon Faint Attack)
    Low Kick

update: Got my Corsola!

Last edited:

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Red finished! Here's my team:

Scyther:

Quick Attack
    Take Down
    Skull Bash
    Slash

Beedrill:

Pin Missile
    Twineedle
    Fury Attack
    Rage

Parasect:

Body Slam
    Slash
    Dig
    Leech Life

Butterfree:

Psybeam
    Sleep Powder
    Psychic
    Poisonpowder

Venomoth:

Psychic
    Double-Edge
    Solarbeam
    Leech Life

Scyther:

Quick Attack
    Slash
    Take Down
    Swords Dance

And here's Gary and my Venomoth:

I think Elite Four+Gary weren't so hard. Beat them on 4th try.

Now I start play Pokémon Crystal with my phone. :D

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I was in the Elite Four a moment ago, but I lost to Lucien, so I am goin to train a little in Victory Road. I will post my team at my next update.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    I'll do Pearl with Water. Wanna try and do my Rain Dance team.
    You must do water in -all- generations. You can't just do Pearl.
    So, RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt.

Also, I made my way through the TEam Magma hideout, got my masterball, and finished them off. I then surfed to Mossdeep or whatever the heck it is >.>
    Going to work on the gym now.

Also caught a Wailmer for Waterfall/Dive.

Last edited:

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • Damn, alright then I'll do Blue, Crystal and Emerald with monowater as well. It's gonna take ages though so bare with me.

UPDATE TIME!!!!

I've got a Prinplup (20) and a Psyduck (13) and I've just beaten the first gym.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm gonna have a go at this! I've started Red with Poison, because I wanted a challenge. My team so far:

Giles/Bulbasaur
    lvl. 9
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Leech Seed

Roy/Nidoran(male)
    lvl. 7
    - Leer
    - Tackle

Just heading to Viridian Forest to catch myself a Weedle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back