• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Finally got pokemon white :D
Just want to know what is a really good fire type pokemon and why does it take longer to level than the rest of the pokemon series.?

Darmanitan is a good fire type Pokemon. With an amazing 145 Base attack and a decent 95 base speed it can blow away most of the in-game teams. It evolved from Darumaka at level 30. This generation wasn't exactly gracious with decent fire-types. Volcarona is good too, but it takes forever to get it. You can get the egg of its pre-evolved form and train it to level 59. The egg is given to you at route 18 just in case you wanted it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Which route can I get Darumaka and were can i get a moon stone

You can get a Darumaka in the resort desert, which is in-between Castelia City and Nimbasa.

As for the Moon Stone, when you complete the Pinwheel forest event you'll receive one from Lenora and the others are found in dust clouds in caves. :)

Years

Darmanitan is a good fire type Pokemon. With an amazing 145 Base attack and a decent 95 base speed it can blow away most of the in-game teams. It evolved from Darumaka at level 30. This generation wasn't exactly gracious with decent fire-types. Volcarona is good too, but it takes forever to get it. You can get the egg of its pre-evolved form and train it to level 59. The egg is given to you at route 18 just in case you wanted it.

I just want to correct you that Darumaka evolves at Level 35.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Finally got pokemon white :D
Just want to know what is a really good fire type pokemon and why does it take longer to level than the rest of the pokemon series.?

Another great fire type that wasn't mentioned is Chandelure. Its has an outstanding 145 special attack, and an awesome ghost typing to add resistances. Litwick can be causet in Celestial Tower and they evolve at lv41 into Lampent which evolve into Chandelure with a Dusk Stone. The main decision being do you have many special or physical attackers on your team, I assume this is just an in-game team.

And a new exp system was added in Pokemon Black and White, it makes you gain more exp if you have a lower level than the opponent and less if you're higher, instead of a constant rate.

Also Darmanitan only has 140 base attack.

Years
Another great fire type that wasn't mentioned is Chandelure. Its has an outstanding 145 special attack, and an awesome ghost typing to add resistances. Litwick can be causet in Celestial Tower and they evolve at lv41 into Lampent which evolve into Chandelure with a Dusk Stone. The main decision being do you have many special or physical attackers on your team, I assume this is just an in-game team.

And a new exp system was added in Pokemon Black and White, it makes you gain more exp if you have a lower level than the opponent and less if you're higher, instead of a constant rate.

Also Darmanitan only has 140 base attack.

He's right, I used a Chandelure in Black (she currently has Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball and Energy Ball) and it was awesome!

Chandelure is great if you want a Special Attacker Fire Pokemon.

Darmanitan if you want to play Physical.

PelipperMail

Banned
Years

This new experience system makes it much easier, and sometimes necessary, to maintain a whole team of six Pokémon. In fact, it will make training weaker Pokémon a lot easier than in previous generations.
For example, if your Pokémon is level 50, and the opposing Pokémon is level 1, you will only get about 1 experience point. If your Pokémon is level 1, and the opposing Pokémon is level 50, you will get a lot of experience.

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
Is this game worth my time

I've heard it's very erm....''unpokemon'' should i get it? i just wonna know if the tones similar to the other handheld pokemon games whice are all stone cold classics. i mean just looking at the pokemon and you could assume it's digimon or something. and team plasma are.......er...''speshul'' but this is all pre-conceptions i wanna know if it's any good cos i know how video game review sites can screw you over [spyro sucked!]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've heard it's very erm....''unpokemon'' should i get it? i just wonna know if the tones similar to the other handheld pokemon games whice are all stone cold classics. i mean just looking at the pokemon and you could assume it's digimon or something. and team plasma are.......er...''speshul'' but this is all pre-conceptions i wanna know if it's any good cos i know how video game review sites can screw you over [spyro sucked!]

Honestly with the storyline, graphics and features put together, it's really a good game. I suggest having a look at things users like or perhaps read over this thread generally for what users overall think. The latter is dead though, so you can't post in it but it should give you a good view of what people thought.

Merging to Quick Questions anyway in order to get more opinions on why you should get the games. :)

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
If you are a fan of pokemon games, definetly get a Gen V game. So far unova is my second favourite region after Hoenn. While there are a few weird pokemon (Klink) there are also some great ones. These games are pretty easy though so if your looking for a hard game you may have too look elsewhere

Years
Unova has some of my favorite Pokemon, Hilda is my fave female player character, the starters are cool-as (especially Oshawott), the seasons change, the concept of Reshiram and Zekrom resembling Yin and Yang, Cheren is the most awesome rival ever and the environment is amazing!

If you want to enjoy all of this and many more, get Pokemon Black or Pokemon White today!

If you love Black City, battling Drayden, rotation battles, Gothitelle, Mandibuzz, Whimsicott, Tornadus and Reshiram, get Black!

If you love White Forest, battling Iris, triple battles, Reuniclus, Braviary, Lilligant, Thundurus and Zekrom, get White!

zombie101

Woah
Years
i need a pokemon to replace my terrikon

my team is different now i have milotic braviary infernape salamence weavile and ________ im thinking of getting a gallade what do you think

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
I have a litwick with perfect spec attack and speed ivs, modest nature, and hidden power fighting, which I bred easily from a good iv ditto, but its only problem is that its ability is flame body instead of flash fire which most people say to be the best ability for a chandelure. I also have a nearly identical litwick except it has flash fire but no hidden power fighting so i'm wondering which would be better for my team. I plan on having my chandelure scarfed. Thanks

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have a litwick with perfect spec attack and speed ivs, modest nature, and hidden power fighting, which I bred easily from a good iv ditto, but its only problem is that its ability is flame body instead of flash fire which most people say to be the best ability for a chandelure. I also have a nearly identical litwick except it has flash fire but no hidden power fighting so i'm wondering which would be better for my team. I plan on having my chandelure scarfed. Thanks

On basically every Chandelure set, you pretty much always need HP Fighting since otherwise you've got no chance against dark types, so the fact that you managed to get HP Fighting on at least one is really good. Flash Fire can be useful for switching into, but Flame Body can still be annoying since burns halve the attack of your opponent and as a result you can kill them easier. As long as you're not facing anything that's a threat just keep CMing over and over (if not then switch out etc).

i need a pokemon to replace my terrikon

my team is different now i have milotic braviary infernape salamence weavile and ________ im thinking of getting a gallade what do you think

You could try Virizion, since it can help out against bulky water types you may face since unless the rest of your team has setup attacks, then you'll have a challenge beating things like Quagsire, Gastrodon and Swampert. It's pretty much the same as Terrakion (same speed!) except it has better spDef while Terrakion has better attack - just give Virizion a life orb or something and it should be able to take out them. If not, then for fighting you already have Infernape, but if you want something for Psychic, then try Reuiniclus maybe? It has pretty good special attack (aka can cover a lot with shadow ball/focus blast and psychic) but the only let down is that it's slower. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Apparently you get TM10 Hidden Power from Prof. Juniper after seeing 100 Pokemon. I've seen 101, but she gave me Protect and False Swipe. ~_~ Is Serebii wrong? lol

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Can i still connect to the DW if I restart my game after I already connected with the DW?

@_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back