• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen team flame boss dead?

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
  • Alive and still kicking. I think he went on to join Team Flare.

He was already part of Team Flare. I think the person who made this topic is talking about Lysandre, the leader of Team Flare.

Anyways, to answer the question, I honestly have no idea whether he's dead or not. I doubt it, though. Unless I see some evidence, I will presume he is still alive. The only villainous team leader I remember dieing is Cyrus in Platinum, after he got trapped in the Distortion World. Other than that, I'm not sure.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • He was already part of Team Flare. I think the person who made this topic is talking about Lysandre, the leader of Team Flare.

Anyways, to answer the question, I honestly have no idea whether he's dead or not. I doubt it, though. Unless I see some evidence, I will presume he is still alive. The only villainous team leader I remember dieing is Cyrus in Platinum, after he got trapped in the Distortion World. Other than that, I'm not sure.

You have about as much proof about Cyrus dying as Lysandre dying xD Lysandre was inside the building and was never seen leaving when it blew up. Cyrus was in the Distortion World and never seen leaving when it closed off. :P I do think Lysandre survived since I highly doubt Nintendo/GameFreak would kill in a Pokemon game :P

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • You have about as much proof about Cyrus dying as Lysandre dying xD Lysandre was inside the building and was never seen leaving when it blew up. Cyrus was in the Distortion World and never seen leaving when it closed off. :P I do think Lysandre survived since I highly doubt Nintendo/GameFreak would kill in a Pokemon game :P

I could've sworn there was evidence supporting that Cyrus died. Maybe it's just me and my childhood sticking with me, since I thought that's what happened. Sorry about that, heh.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I could've sworn there was evidence supporting that Cyrus died. Maybe it's just me and my childhood sticking with me, since I thought that's what happened. Sorry about that, heh.

He was dragged into the Distortion World by Giratina, but then decided to stay there for the time being until he could "unlock the secrets of the universe" so that he can make his dream a reality. I think the part about dying came from fans who assume that he'll just eventually die of starvation from staying there. Although, I think he could still live off the land there, as there were plants growing there(although strange looking ones) and a water source(couple ponds and a reverse-flowing waterfall).

Back on topic... ehh, I don't know about Lysandre for sure. The way I see it, he was buried alive in both versions. Whether he gained eternal life in one version and didn't in the other, I'm not sure. I think regardless of which Legendary powered the weapon, its effects can still grant somebody immortality. The weapon itself is what does it, not the power from either Xerneas or Yveltal. Pokemon are used as power sources for it, and the weapon can convert it to both an immortal beam or a destructive beam. Or a "beam me up Scotty!" beam. So many beams...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think it's pretty safe to conclude that he died in X and Y, but the rule of thumb in Pokemon games is that the third version is always the canon. So we won't find out if he actually died until Pokemon Z. They might have something else planned entirely in Z, like maybe the ultimate weapon keeps him alive (somehow), and he continues to execute his plans after that? We won't know for sure until the game comes out ^_^

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I doubt the creators will kill off Lysandre. He's one of the few villain leaders who is actually morally ambiguous. He makes valid philosophical points in the game, just kind of goes about it the wrong way.

People do suck. Whether or not they deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth is another story. That's how you end up with the conflict.

I would love to see Game Freak explore his character a little more. There's a lot of potential in his post-XY story, if there is one. How often do you see the region's professor actually be emotionally invested in the conflict? I'd love to see more of that. Ties everyone together, which is one reason the ending of Black & White was so interesting.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I doubt the creators will kill off Lysandre. He's one of the few villain leaders who is actually morally ambiguous. He makes valid philosophical points in the game, just kind of goes about it the wrong way.

People do suck. Whether or not they deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth is another story. That's how you end up with the conflict.

I would love to see Game Freak explore his character a little more. There's a lot of potential in his post-XY story, if there is one. How often do you see the region's professor actually be emotionally invested in the conflict? I'd love to see more of that. Ties everyone together, which is one reason the ending of Black & White was so interesting.

And we never did find out exactly what his relationship with Diantha was. It seemed that she didn't like him yet both were Sycamore's friends so perhaps both of them were friends before they had a split. We need more Diantha in the story...she was the Champion with the smallest footprint in the story of her game of introduction.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I think it's heavily implied that Lysandre died after the last confrontation with Team Flare, iirc there was an explosion or a cave-in, or something like that? It's pretty dark how clear they made it in the game that he died, but then again as aforementioned, they did something similar with Cyrus in the Distortion World in DPPt.

Years
  • I think that he's pretty much dead. Unless he had a secret escape route, an explosion like that would kill anyone within the area and since he was never mentioned as being caught or found after the explosion, I can't exactly believe he survived. People have mentioned that GF probably would never outright say that a person died in a Pokemon game, but...

[ythd]xDSUFlElV5E[/ythd]

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • And we never did find out exactly what his relationship with Diantha was. It seemed that she didn't like him yet both were Sycamore's friends so perhaps both of them were friends before they had a split. We need more Diantha in the story...she was the Champion with the smallest footprint in the story of her game of introduction.

Agreed

Back