• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Pokemon Generation/Games

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
  • As we all are aware Pokemon ORAS will be released this year in November but what we aren't aware of yet is will there be a 3rd Pokemon ORAS? Will we get Pokemon Z? What about the next generation? What do you think?

I don't believe there will be a 3rd ORAS. Due to the past history of Nintendo/Gamefreak no pokemon remakes have had a 3rd version. Firered/Leafgreen didn't, Heartgold/Soulsilver didn't and both of them had original 3rd versions.

However I do believe there will be a Pokemon Z after Pokemon ORAS is announced and died down after a year. Ever original Pokemon generation has received a 3rd version with the exclusion of Pokemon Black/White having two versions Pokemon Black/White2.

This leads me to believe there will be no Pokemon ORAS 3rd version but we will see a Pokemon Z.

Here my prediction...

November 2014 - Pokemon ORAS
    Fall/Winter 2015 - Pokemon Z
    2016/2017 - We will see Pokemon 7th Gen

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe there will be. When introducing remakes, they only release two games at once and stop afterward, and I could imagine them following the same formula here.

Will they be developing a third installment to X and Y, however? Yes, I believe they will. It's their tradition to create a third version (whether it be a sequel or just an improved edition) to all non-remake games they create, and I don't think they would be dropping out of that any time soon, haha.

Years
  • I would love to see an XX and XY version.

Involving a brand new evil team, either working with or against Team Flair...perhaps to create genetically beautiful pokemon, with superiority in all respects, and the mass extinction of the genetically inferior (both human and pokemon alike).

The leader should be female (perhaps a royal, like a queen)...I mean yes, we get tons of female heroines, but I like the femme fatale theme in games. The game could play on themes of inner vs exterior beauty, overcoming insecurity, confidence vs. arrogance, among other things. Beauty in this sense would also transcend mere physical appearance, but include absolute perfection in intellectual and physical ability.

Prediction:
    2013 - XY
    2014 - ORAS
    2015 - XY Enhanced/Sequel
    2016 - Year of Spin-Offs -- i.e. Pokken Fighters, Mystery Dungeon, Crossover, Pokepark, and/or Stadium Game.
    2017 - Generation 7

XY released 3 years after BW because of handheld consoles.

The DS/DSi was going on its last year or two...GF needed time to switch over to 3DS.
    Choices remaining, release gen V:

Four years after gen IV, on the DS.
    Six or seven years after gen IV, on the 3DS.

The first choice was obviously the better choice.

Now, the gaming industry started to contract since 2008, perhaps a side-effect of the recession, which had international implications. The 3DS needed more sales as soon as possible, and pokemon is a system seller!

XY was released as early as possible after the 3DS was launched in 2011. (Two years after, announcing the games less than one year after the consoles release to encourage sales.)

With that being said, I do not foresee another 3-year gap between pokemon games unless similar circumstances arise (as it did with R/S in which there was a 3-year gap)...I am betting on 4 years...but if the 3DS's lifespan is increased, I suspect we might see the next gen released on the last year of the new 3DS, aka 3DSi/3DSsp, which could be in 3 OR 4 years from now.

Back