• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gotten them on release day?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • I got Y a few days after release. I didn't have a 3DS prior to XY, so I first ordered a refurbushed 3DS from the online Nintendo store. Luke bought me Y. :)

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I bought X on the release day at like 9am, which I completed on the same day. About 6 months later I managed to get a copy of Y since I wanted to replay the game. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2015
    I got it the day before UK release. Due to Tesco screwing up their orders my local GAME shop released the game a day early too.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • My fiancee and I pre-ordered X&Y at GameStop, and bought the Red and Blue X/Y 3DS' pretty much immediately. We like to get Pokemon games the instant they come out if at all possible, and X&Y had us more excited than pretty much most other generations.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I've gotten mine on the exact release day, as I was too eager to download that Speed Boost Torchic with a Blazikenite.~

Last edited:

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • I got Y a week or two after release day, if I remember correctly. I'd had the money since before release day, but I was lazy and hadn't bothered to get off my lazy butt to go and pick up a copy xD

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • I pretty much always try to pre-order a new Pokemon game (I wasn't able to do that with OR/AS, though), so I have to pick it up on release day. I stupidly ordered X when I happened to be at a Game Stop several miles away from my house, but luckily my aunt was willing to take me there to pick it up while she looked at wedding rings or something. I got the stupid poster that everyone got for pre-ordering, but the dude who gave me the game also gave me the timeline poster that was only supposed to be given to people who ordered both, so that was cool. Surprisingly, there weren't that many people in there, so I got it pretty quickly. Fortunately Pokemon isn't one of those games that people line up overnight or skip school to get, so it's not too bad when you get it on release day.​

Years
  • Pretty sure I preordered weeks in advance, as I tend to have done for almost every new Pokemon game in the past. I don't think there's personally any point of preorder a game in my area, but its part of the hype I guess.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I pre-ordered X on Amazon as soon as it was available but it didn't come on the release day. I was furious. It actually took a while to come. It was dispatched on the 11th and it didn't come until the 16th on the Wednesday which was really annoying because I selected the option to get it on release day. :(

I bought Y in the following January.

Tiger In A Tie

Tigers can train Pokemon, too.
    Years
  • I did, my roommates and I all preordered from Gamestop and went to the midnight release to get our games. It was pretty cool meeting up with so many other Pokemon fans.

Back